X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lovely rita
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2014

Hope Yelling At Flo That She Had No Interest In Being A Mother To Another Child

So why did she marry Thomas and find it so important to be a mother to Douglas, but told Liam she
    could not stay married to him and have another child with him?

All she apparently wanted was her Beth so she dumped Liam to be with Douglas.

And now that is all but forgotten by Liam that she said that and did that
  • CouchCruisin'
    Executive Poster
    • May 2014

I understood it to mean she had no interest in being mother to another child that she gave birth to. Which goes back to the fact she was afraid to get pregnant again.

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      If meant that, she didn't that. So I agree with the OP.

• tftaylor
      tftaylor commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, she said she had 2 miscarriages and was afraid she can’t carry children and to afraid to try
  • veryoldatwtfan
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2010

lovely rita Totally agree with you! I mentioned it in another thread too. Sometimes I think the writers think no one is watching this show.

Comment

• Littleman16
      Contract Poster
      • Jan 2014

I truly hate defending Hope but she didnt mean it that way.. She meant birthing another child. She was afraid to and Flo did know that. She allowed Hope to believe something was wrong with her. So I'll give Hope that.. She didnt mean any child. She meant a biological one.

Comment

• voice of reason
        voice of reason commented
        Editing a comment
        NOT buying this. If she was only afraid of birthing another child then she should have been willing to adopt or have a surrogate. there were other ways she could have gotten a child without leaving the love of her life. This was just more poor writing.
    • kayg
      Day Player
      • Jul 2011

I think Hope meant that she didn’t want to go through another pregnancy without knowing if the baby could make it and she did not want to just replace Beth. Hope even lashed out at Sally when she brought her a puppy because all Hope wanted was Beth- the baby she carried for 9 months and gave birth to.

Douglas did not have a mother anymore and though he could never replace Beth and Hope could never replace Caroline; they in a way were healing each other. They were bonded by the loses they experienced.

Comment

• GabbyMo
        Recurring Poster
        • Jul 2018

Some of us aren’t so lucky to have our children miraculously given back to us. This story has been so ridiculous.

Comment

• Xyla
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2012

So, now that she has Beth back, do you suppose Hope will be okay with getting pregnant again or will the trauma of thinking she had lost Beth for those months still make it difficult for her to want to be pregnant again? I'm not saying right away--most women aren't ready to get pregnant again so soon--but it would be interesting if there was still some residual concern on her part about that. Actually, I'd just like to see some residual concern about anything at this point. It's too pat to have everything blamed on Thomas and have Beth, the miracle baby, be the solution to all Hope's woes. There are possibilities for other kinds of drama here--or there would be, if Bell were a better writer.

Comment

• JJ1
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Mar 2009

Many mothers who lose 2 babies to miscarries are afraid to try again. I don’t think I could go through it 3 times. Why does Hope have to justify any of her feelings when her baby is stolen?

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              REally and she is also entitled to change her mind about this later when the pain isn't so raw, By suggesting another baby Flo wasn't just giving bad support but she was trying to ease her guilt

• BlueGalexy
              BlueGalexy commented
              Editing a comment
              I can only assume JJ, that the good news here is that no one on B&B expected that of Hope. In fact, no one on B&B ever seems to expect Hope to justify anything. The fix is usually in and the excuses have already been pre-made for her IMO.

That being said however, I will say that of all the things Hope needs to answer for, her feelings on family planning isn't necessarily one of them IMO. Throwing away her marriage? Absolutely. Marrying a man she didn't love simply to stick it to her ex...I mean for the chiiiildren? Hell yes. *sigh* I won't be holding my breath that she'll be held accountable for any of that mess any time soon either. Apparently she was "grieving", not thinking straight, being manipulated, only thinking of the children...well you get the idea.
          • RedheadTeacher
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

I am in no way downplaying how a woman who miscarries feels, but I think that it makes a difference in the reason for the miscarriages. Hope's first one occurred after she caught her heel and fell, not a natural occurance. The second one may have been prevented if she had been in a fully equipped hospital; regardless, she was told that her placental abruption was random and wouldn't endanger any future pregnancies.

There are women who miscarry in the first trimester; I know some who have had this happen multiple times. For me, having a repeat occurance which seems to happen naturally would make me far more fearful of getting my hopes up yet again.

Again, not a criticism, but I don't see Hope as a strong woman, and her stance against getting pregnant again wasn't surprising. She is, however, supposed to be so caring and concerned about causes. Given the number of children in need of foster placement and adoption, it would have been nice to see her consider going that route with Liam, even if she ended up getting Beth back. I would much prefer that to the death of Caroline and obsessed Thomas.

Comment

• B&B blonde
              Contract Poster
              • Jan 2010

She meant getting pregnant herself

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X