Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look how crazy she is for Phoebe, and not ounce of feeling for Kelly. At some level, it could be interpreted, she prefers Phoebe coz she is not Liam's- she doesn't know that Phoebe is Beth. The argument holds

Comment

• boldie
      boldie commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe shes drawn to Phoebe because shes exactly the same age her baby would have been had she not died?
      How can she have any feeling for Kelly, that kid is always sleeping. Even Taylor mentioned how much that kid sleeps.

I don't feel she hates Kelly either. Just doesn't want to be around her. But she is all over baby Phoebe? TBH...that is irritating me. But what doesn't on this show anymore. LOL

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times Hope has seen Phoebe. It's the way Hope talks about Phoebe that's the problem. Everytime she mentions her, Hope sounds like she's expecting Phoebe to fix her or make her whole again. As if she's putting the weight of all her troubles on an innocent newborn simply because she is around the same age as Beth. It's twisted and I know the writers think they are cleverly showing Hope as having a connection to her daughter, but it's coming off as selfish Hope trying to use Steffy's baby to replace the one she lost while simultaneously whining about never wanting to be an actual mother. If Hope needs purpose for her life, but doesn't want to be a mother, maybe she could try helping someone that actually needs it or volunteering. Not obsessing over Steffy's new daughter and taking advantage of Steffy's compassion and empathy. And I resent the writers having Steffy dismiss her miscarriage and the pain that came with that simply because she wasn't far along when she lost the baby. Steffy's first child was still one she wanted and had plans for just as much as Hope did with Beth.

Comment

• RAS1990
        RAS1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly. Steffy found out she was pregnant right after New Years before she went to see Ridge. She had to be at least 4-6 weeks. Should have been 6/7 months when she lost Aspen in May 2013.

Paulie2906 and Chabbylover Thursday 14 June 2018. Hope went to the cliff house to congratulate Steffy when Kelly was born and went bearing a gift. Brooke was there too but had left Steffy and Hope alone to talk.. Steffy offered for Hope to hold Kelly but she said No the baby looked content and was sleeping and didnt want to wake her. This was AFTER Liam decided to stay with Steffy and left Hope. Steffy thought it was a sweet gesture and thanked her for it. Liam came home and they made small talk. Hope told both Liam and Steffy she was happy for their family and she would never do anything to come between them but she couldn't work with him on HFTH anymore. It hurt too much as he was her Mr Right. Liam thanked her for being so gracious, apologised for hurting her and she left. Once outside she cried. She kept her word and did not pursue him at all since. He pursued her. Where are pictures of Kelly at her grandfather Ridge house? How many times has Ridge visited Kelly? Has Ridge offered to babysit so Steffy can have a break or night out? Does that make him a lousy grandfather? Has Bill spent ANY time with his first grandchild? Has Will interacted with his niece? Does he know hes half brother has a baby? Eric visited Kelly once, why isn't he being called out for being a lousy great grandparent? Kelly is afterall his first great grandchild. How many times has Wyatt spent time with his niece? It's the only niece hes got that he knows of.. Did he bring a gift. Why isn't he being called out to be a lousy uncle. Hopes only responsibility is to make sure Liam is as involved in his daughters life as much as possible and she has always done that. Not once has she ever stood in the way of Liam being a father to Kelly. Sick and tired of Hope being held to this ridiculous double standard.

Comment

• SharikaC
        SharikaC commented
        Editing a comment
        We're not talking about extended family here. We are talking about someone who chose to marry a man, fresh out of a marriage and expecting a baby. How it it a double standard for viewers to want a stepmother to interact with her husband's child? Hope signed up to be a stepmother, when she married Liam. Just want her to act like it. Don't think it's an unreasonable request. I have a bigger issue with TIIC to the fact that they haven't had her husband calling her out for her lack of interest in bonding with Kelly. I'm not just calling Hope out, I'm calling Liam out as well. Until TIIC explain, we the viewers will continue to come up with reasons why she has not bonded with Kelly and none of it will make the Hope character look good.

Originally posted by huntingh View Post
      I don't think she hates Kelly. I think she looks at Kelly as a reminder that her destiny Liam actually loved someone that was not her. Hope has loved on Phoebeth, but when has she ever loved on Kelly?

I just find it weird that you can't spend time with your stepchild/niece. You should still be able to hold and love on her, because she is your husband & step sister's child. You have to build a love with you step children. My step dad treats me better than my biological father does. My husband is wonderful step father to my son, and I love his son from his first marriage. His oldest runs to me when he can't find his mama due to wanting a mother's love. Just because you are not number 1 doesn't mean you can't be #2 in their hearts.
      Lovely! And well said. You're one lucky lady, not everyone can be that giving & loving especially where "steps" are involved. It takes a big hearted person & one that puts children ahead of everything! Bravo AND Hope is NOT such a person.

Comment

• huntingh
        huntingh commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Yes I am a very lucky lady. Think the fact I grew up in such a huge blended family helped. Now I am in one myself and wouldn’t change it for the world!

I don't think that Hope hates Kelly, but I believe that it's far more convenient for her to pretend that Kelly doesn't exist.

Looking back at Hope's perception and comments, when they believed that Liam had shot Bill, she was the one who told him that he needed to cut toxic Steffy completely out of his life.....pretty hard to do that and still be Kelly's father. When Liam asked to wait to get married until after Kelly was born, Hope pushed forward to hold the wedding ASAP.

When Hope revealed her pregnancy to Liam, she told him, "I don't want to be in a situation where I have to share you. I don't want to be the woman on the sidelines, Liam. I-I don't want to be the "other" family." As she is now married to Liam, she perceives Steffy and Kelly to be the "other" family, and to her, that is a secondary place. How sad for Kelly.

Comment

• RAS1990
        RAS1990 commented
        Editing a comment
        Excellent post. Said everything I was thinking.

I don't think Hope hates Kelly, but Kelly is a reminder that Liam loved/loves Steffy and they had a marriage where children were wanted and prayed for. Also, the fact that Liam actively fought for Steffy and built a life with her, also means Liam did not marry Steffy in 2013 simply because she was pregnant. Was Liam going to marry Hope at the ambush wedding, his words to Bill, he did not plan the wedding and was not planning to marry anyone that day. In fact, he had left Steffy just hours earlier telling her he needed to make a decision. He told Steffy he needed one more night to decide. Personally, I wanted to Steffy to ask him why he needed one more night? Did he want to think about which set of memories he liked best? I then wanted Steffy to tell him, she was making the decision for him by telling him she was done with him. He can go to Hope, with the knowledge he doesn't need to decide since she just did.

I also didn't want Steffy to tell Liam he was the father of Aspen. When she started to show, I wanted him to ask her if he was the father, and she would say, No. You made yourself a sperm donor when you asked me to move out of the house I thought was not only my home, but our home, and that you weren't sure who you wanted to be with.

I wish I was a writer for this show. I would have strong independent women. Women who could stand on their own and still far in love and give her heart and soul to the person.

Comment

I don't think Hope hates Kelly either. I think she just tolerates her for Liam's sake. Her actions toward Phoebe the past week or show has just made me feel that way even more.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X