Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hope kept her distance from Kelly

I don't think Hope keeping her distance from Kelly is from lack of nterest but rather because she was trying to give Steffy, Liam and Kelly space to be a family. It's been shown in previous episodes that Hope is conscious of intruding on their family time. I actually think she's trying to be a sensitive, thoughtful step mom without overstepping. It's always a difficult balance being a step mom, particularly under these circumstances. Now, so far Steffy has shown the same consideration and thoughtfulness where Hope is concerned--especially with Hope losing Beth. I do think there might be cause for concern regarding Hope being too attached to Phoebe but I still think Steffy can let Hope spend some time with Phoebe. I mean Hope's only been to see Phoebe twice to date. Too early to be overly concerned for now but maybe something to be weary of.

Hope hates Kelly that is why she keeps her distance she is a reminder that Liam loves steffy and they have bond and always will. Hope hates that. Hope is the worst step mom after her own mother who is the very worst step mom

Comment

• boldie
      boldie commented
      Editing a comment
      Paulie2906 Chabbylover Thursday 14 June 2018.
      Hope went to the cliff house to congratulate Steffy when Kelly was born and went bearing a gift. Brooke was there too but had left Steffy and Hope alone to talk.. Steffy offered for Hope to hold Kelly but she said No the baby looked content and was sleeping and didnt want to wake her. This was AFTER Liam decided to stay with Steffy and left Hope. Steffy thought it was a sweet gesture and thanked her for it. Liam came home and they made small talk. Hope told both Liam and Steffy she was happy for their family and she would never do anything to come between them but she couldn't work with him on HFTH anymore. It hurt too much as he was her Mr Right. Liam thanked her for being so gracious, apologised for hurting her and she left. Once outside she cried. She kept her word and did not pursue him at all since. He pursued her.

Where are pictures of Kelly at her grandfather Ridge house? How many times has Ridge visited Kelly? Has Ridge offered to babysit so Steffy can have a break or night out? Does that make him a lousy grandfather? Has Bill spent ANY time with his first grandchild? Has Will interacted with his niece? Does he know hes half brother has a baby?
      Eric visited Kelly once, why isn't he being called out for being a lousy great grandparent? Kelly is afterall his first great grandchild.
      How many times has Wyatt spent time with his niece? It's the only niece hes got that he knows of.. Did he bring a gift. Why isn't he being called out to be a lousy uncle.
      Hopes only responsibility is to make sure Liam is as involved in his daughters life as much as possible and she has always done that. Not once has she ever stood in the way of Liam being a father to Kelly.
      Sick and tired of Hope being held to this ridiculous double standard.
      Last edited by boldie; February 12th, 2019, 04:59 AM.

• Jasamfan
      Jasamfan commented
      Editing a comment
      That still doesn't mean she hates her, that's ridiculous.

• Ella Munroe
      Ella Munroe commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope and Brooke wanted Liam to prioritize Beth over Kelly. They were giddy over the prospect. That is pure hatred and vindictiveness.

Originally posted by Chabby lover View Post
    Hope hates Kelly that is why she keeps her distance she is a reminder that Liam loves steffy and they have bond and always will. Hope hates that. Hope is the worst step mom after her own mother who is the very worst step mom
    You're so on point with this. Let's not forget how Brooke has been ranting and raving at Steffy telling her that Liam will be busy with his new daughter and Hope. She never once said Liam willbe splitting his time between both babies. She just wanted Liam to stay away from Steffy and Kelly.

Comment

I won't say she hates her, but I will say Kelly unnerves Hope. Hope is the living proof that Liam is not truly hers. Not fully. Kelly is a reminder of a lot, that Hope doesn't necessarily want reminding of . It struck me as so odd that when Hope first saw Kelly she said that's Liam's baby. What? Steffy's chopped liver? But the same time, she didn't want to hold her. Liam's baby. Maybe I'm the weird one, but I find it so hard to resist holding yummy babies! It seemed like she kinda cut Steffy out of the picture in her mind - an impossible image to maintain. I don't think Hope can really handle it. JMO.

Comment

• L&B Fan
        L&B Fan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I think unnerves is a good choice of a word to describe it. Hope had this dream image of herself Liam and Beth as being a happy little family, the fact that Liam has another daughter with someone else doesn't fit into her pretty picture of how she imagined or wanted her family to be.

• loganfan1234
        loganfan1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, but I disagree. That is like saying that anyone that has two children with two different fathers/mothers is somehow never dedicated to one family. There are millions of folks who have step children, and their husbands/wives are absolutely "theirs". They simply have kids with someone else and it works.

• Paulie2906
        Paulie2906 commented
        Editing a comment
        loganfan1234 It can only work if everyone involved makes an effort. Can you pinpoint just one occasion when Hope has made an effort where Kelly is concerned?

I don't think Hope hates Kelly. I do think Kelly reminds her that Steam was a real marriage and she doesn't want to think of it that way. She supposedly pined for Liam her entire time away. Liam didn't sit around waiting and wishing for Hope. I can buy her also wanting to give Steam time with Kelly alone and she feels a little outside their family. But she also hasn't been shown (or talking about) being interested in trying to form a relationship with Kelly until today, and that's only because of Phoebe.

Comment

I'm sorry but that can't be justified. The reason I say that Hope has went to Steffys home since Steam have broken up. She has made no effort to ask where Kelly was, could she see Kelly. So I don't see this as her wanting to give them time to be a family. I see it as Hope didn't need to bond with Kelly because she was having her own baby. Since she was creating a family with Liam his child with Steffy didn't fit into the family she was having with Liam.

For me personally I feel like kids have to be made to feel welcome, they have to made to feel like a part of the family. You have to build a relationship with a child, so they can understand that a new baby doesn't mean you love them any less or that the new baby is taking their spot. Hope should have wanted to build a relationship with Kelly before her child came. Not just all of a sudden have sleep overs once her baby is born. I felt like Hopes interest in Kelly would be determined based on if and when she had her child. We don't have to see scenes with Hope and Kelly. There could have been dialogue like I love spending time with Kelly this weekend, or we took Kelly to go do this or that. There could have anything eluded to the fact that Hope has tried to bond with Kelly.

Comment

• RAS1990
          RAS1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope has not bonded with Kelly or spent time with her. Liam told Hope to her face, his time with Kelly shouldn't exclude her. Hope is the one who didn't want to bond or have a relationship with Kelly. She still doesn't. She told Steffy she likes being Aunt Hope to Phoebe. It was Steffy who said she wants Kelly and Phoebe to have strong positive role models for her daughters.

• MozSweetPea
          MozSweetPea commented
          Editing a comment
          RAS1990, exactly that's why j listed all the reasons why I believe that Hope doesn't want anything to do with Kelly.

Hope wants to be Aunt Hope t the baby but she made no mention of Kelly. I don't get why someone would need to tell her to include Kelly. I found it ridiculous that she needed to be reminded to be a part of Kelly's life as well. I'm not even surprised she went into Kelly's room to see the baby but never acknowledged Kelly even when she went back out side to talk she didn't say Kelly was still sleeping or I checked on her. I don't get how Liam doesn't see that his wife treats Kelly as an afterthought and doesn't make any effort towards his daughter. It's ridiculous had the roles been reverse and it was Steffy that was treating Hopes child like that the characters and viewers would be in an uproar.

I see it the same way as the OP. Welcome to the board.

Comment

Originally posted by endthetriangle View Post
        I don't think Hope keeping her distance from Kelly is from lack of nterest but rather because she was trying to give Steffy, Liam and Kelly space to be a family. It's been shown in previous episodes that Hope is conscious of intruding on their family time. I actually think she's trying to be a sensitive, thoughtful step mom without overstepping. It's always a difficult balance being a step mom, particularly under these circumstances. Now, so far Steffy has shown the same consideration and thoughtfulness where Hope is concerned--especially with Hope losing Beth. I do think there might be cause for concern regarding Hope being too attached to Phoebe but I still think Steffy can let Hope spend some time with Phoebe. I mean Hope's only been to see Phoebe twice to date. Too early to be overly concerned for now but maybe something to be weary of.
        I agree with you.

Also, just because a scene is not shown doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It has been said many times that Hope hasn't held baby Kelly.
        Do we know that for sure, or is it just because it wasn't shown?

It is also ridiculous to believe Hope hates Kelly. That is not true.

Comment

If Hope say she loves Kelly she's a faking it whatever

Comment

The fact that Liam hasn't said boo to his wife about not bonding with Kelly bugs me, just as much as Hope's lack of interest in his daughter. The fact that she was having her own child is not an excuse. You marry a man, who was expecting a baby and you choose not to have any relationship with his child once it's born? I hate that TIIC hasn't had Liam call his wife out on this. If there was some baby mama drama, that's one thing. Except there is none. Steffy is not blocking Hope from having a relationship with Kelly. So there is no excuses on her part. She's the one missing out. She's just a horrible stepmother, like her mother.

Comment

• lexyluvsny
              lexyluvsny commented
              Editing a comment
              It IS odd and I think Liam should say something...but then again he's scared of Hope & doesn't say anything to her about her behavior or treatment of people.

• RAS1990
              RAS1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Liam made one comment while they were in Steffy's office. Liam told Hope, after returning with Kelly from a hike, that his time with Kelly should not have to exclude her. Hope has no desire to bond and build a relationship with Kelly.

Originally posted by endthetriangle View Post
            Steffy is his Ex wife! They are not family! They have mutual family member

Comment

• MozSweetPea
              MozSweetPea commented
              Editing a comment
              They are still a family. That doesn't change because of a divorce. It's not a mural family member when you are referring to kids. So they are a family just as Hope is an extended family member of that family. She is the step mom but I wouldn't expect her not to be included in family get together when it comes to Kelly. They will all have to learn to get along because honestly the kids are what's more important and Hope is a part of that family, just like when Steffy meets someone that person will be apart of the family if they get married. Now it's not immediate family but its extended family that involves all of them.

• tftaylor
              tftaylor commented
              Editing a comment
              This is all weird to me!! I have several friends that are divorced (male and female) that re divorced! They don't consider there Ex family! They are ex for a reason! Both parents loves and support the kids, but they have visitation schedules and not a whole lot of interaction because they aren't together any longer. they have specific boundaries that ex's should have.

• Ella Munroe
              Ella Munroe commented
              Editing a comment
              Steffy is the mother of his child. She will always be in his life and this is what annoys Hope. Kelly is a constant reminder of that.

Remember how many failed wedding/marriage attempts Lope had because Hope didn't get her fairy tale wedding?
            For Hope Kelly will always be the stain on her perfect fairy tale marriage. A constant reminder that Lim has a child with someone else.
            Adn she rather not be reminded of that. That's why we have never seen her holding Kelly.

Comment

I don't think she hates Kelly. I think she looks at Kelly as a reminder that her destiny Liam actually loved someone that was not her. Hope has loved on Phoebeth, but when has she ever loved on Kelly?

I just find it weird that you can't spend time with your stepchild/niece. You should still be able to hold and love on her, because she is your husband & step sister's child. You have to build a love with you step children. My step dad treats me better than my biological father does. My husband is wonderful step father to my son, and I love his son from his first marriage. His oldest runs to me when he can't find his mama due to wanting a mother's love. Just because you are not number 1 doesn't mean you can't be #2 in their hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by SharikaC View Post
                The fact that Liam hasn't said boo to his wife about not bonding with Kelly bugs me, just as much as Hope's lack of interest in his daughter. The fact that she was having her own child is not an excuse. You marry a man, who was expecting a baby and you choose not to have any relationship with his child once it's born? I hate that TIIC hasn't had Liam call his wife out on this. If there was some baby mama drama, that's one thing. Except there is none. Steffy is not blocking Hope from having a relationship with Kelly. So there is no excuses on her part. She's the one missing out. She's just a horrible stepmother, like her mother.
                Maybe he hadn’t said boo about it because it’s not true.

Comment

• SharikaC
                  SharikaC commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What's not true?

• Ella Munroe
                  Ella Munroe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Liam has to walk on eggshells around Hope and Brooke because any small thing can set them off. It's a very unhealthy relationship. It's a fact that Hope has made no effort to bond with her stepdaughter.

She KEEPS her distance from Kelly. It's not just about her wanting Kelly to have family time...there are times Liam goes to Steffy's house & she's at work.

Also it's hard to believe someone is so interested in Kelly's "family" when Hope was constantly bashing Taylor & wanted Steffy to throw her out of her home.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X