Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Hope done to show an "obsession" with Beth?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has Hope done to show an "obsession" with Beth?

I admit that I don't watch daily, but on the days that I have watched, I saw Hope holding Beth and I saw a nice moment, but I didn't see anything to make me think that she was obsessed. As a reference point, General Hospital is doing a similar storyline. On GH, Michael had a child with Nelle (who is an evil person). Nelle delivered the child in the woods (long story), and handed her newborn to a friend to raise. That particular friend just adopted a newborn that died. So the switch seemed fine, except for the fact that Michael is related to the couple now raising the baby. I'm skipping many details here, but my point is that Michael is now the godfather of his own child and when he holds the child, no one seems to be working about him being obsessed. He holds the child, will make comments about familiarities, and will go on about his way. Which is pretty much what I see Hope doing.

So is Hope doing anything that falls in the category of obsessed, or is this simply dialogue that doesn't hold true with what appears on screen? Have I missed anything? Also, is Hope doing anything differently than Liam is doing when it comes to Beth?

Given she has not stopped by to spend time with Kelly at all, the fact she's gone over to meet and to hold Phoebe specifically seems a little odd. At this point, she doesn't seem obsessed but seems to be heading that way. We'll see how extreme she gets. I don't watch GH. Is it out of character for Michael to visit the family with the newborn?

Comment

• lndailey
      lndailey commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael also doesn't feel "drawn" to the baby. He is basically acting like a godfather and doesn't seek out the baby or anything like Hope did on Friday's show

• kitty711
      kitty711 commented
      Editing a comment
      GH loves a baby switch. I stopped watching around the time that Steve Burton came back.

• thecourt99
      thecourt99 commented
      Editing a comment
      lndailey at the beginning, they played up the connection with Michael and the baby. Carly would make a comparison of some sort. Brad would raise concerns about Michael being able to spend time with the baby out of concern for his loss. They stopped playing up the connection angle once Michael started going to grief therapy (which is where Hope should be).

Precisely reva. It is lack of interest in Kelly that makes her interest in a baby that is not even Liam's curious. But she did use the word 'electricity' to describe how she felt when she held Phoebe.

Comment

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I agree. It's out of character for Hope to be interested in Steffy's new daughter.

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
    I admit that I don't watch daily, but on the days that I have watched, I saw Hope holding Beth and I saw a nice moment, but I didn't see anything to make me think that she was obsessed. As a reference point, General Hospital is doing a similar storyline. On GH, Michael had a child with Nelle (who is an evil person). Nelle delivered the child in the woods (long story), and handed her newborn to a friend to raise. That particular friend just adopted a newborn that died. So the switch seemed fine, except for the fact that Michael is related to the couple now raising the baby. I'm skipping many details here, but my point is that Michael is now the godfather of his own child and when he holds the child, no one seems to be working about him being obsessed. He holds the child, will make comments about familiarities, and will go on about his way. Which is pretty much what I see Hope doing.

So is Hope doing anything that falls in the category of obsessed, or is this simply dialogue that doesn't hold true with what appears on screen? Have I missed anything? Also, is Hope doing anything differently than Liam is doing when it comes to Beth?
    I have a similar thread. Everyone seems as obsessed with Phoebe (Beth) - Steffy calling Liam her daddy and Liam accepting the title - a bit weird.

Comment

• loganfan1234
      loganfan1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      Liam said he would be a father figure, like Ridge, Eric, etc. Steffy called Liam Phoebe's father.

• lima
      lima commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah so weird...

• Carriem08857
      Carriem08857 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sharkswin then i guess you missed it when liam said to steffy he wanted to be a father figure to kelly and phoebe as well he said it first.so i guess that implies liam wanted to be the father to both steffy girls.

I just feel like for me her behavior is why I feel like it would border obsessive. It does seem to stem from the fact it hasn't been shown on the show or discussed at all that Hope has built a relationship with Kelly. When Hope found out the baby was sleep the other day she just seemed dejected wasn't until the baby cried that she wanted to rush in there. Even when she was explaining why she was there she wanted to hold the baby and spend time with her. Hope has never even uttered those words about Kelly. She even treats Kelly as an afterthought, I can help out with the bay oh and Kelly too. Liam at least acknowledges both girls. Even when she went to check on the baby she should have said I'll check on Kelly too to make sure the crying hasn't woken her. Hope has no interest in Kelly but she seems to have all this interest in the new baby. So for me it's not just that she has focus on the new baby but that her lack of interest in Kelly. Hope didn't say being around both the girls make me feel better, they give me hope, nope it's the one child. So the viewers know she is suppose feeling this connection because Jits suppose to be her child but no one on the show knows that so if I was on the show I would find her Dr focus on the baby and not the girls together a little concerning but that's just me.

ETA: Liam at least focuses and acknowledge both girls. He doesn't exclude the baby or Kelly. I don't get how you can go visit two young siblings and not spend time with both. Kids don't understand when they are being singled out. Now don't get me wrong I don't expect if Liam went to pick up Kelly and take her some where that he needs to always take the baby. He should be able to spend some daddy time with just Kelly. I do find if you are going to a home where two or more kids reside and you came to spend time with your child if the other siblings are there you spend time with them as well holding just take your child and go play with her while the other kids look on or whatever. You take the time out with them all if they are all home.
    Last edited by MozSweetPea; February 11th, 2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Hope's interest in Phoebe may not be at obsession level yet, but she hasn't shown this much interest in anything or anyone since her obsession with the ultrasound photo.

Comment

I don't think she's obsessed. I think Phoebe fills a bit of a void within the hole in her heart right now and she doesn't know how to process it. She just knows it takes the pain away for a while and she wants to keep feeling that way.

She's in so much pain that when she "connected" with Phoebe, it filled her with something other than her grief for a brief time and she wants to keep experiencing that. She's clinging to something that she sees as positive to help her cope with her pain.

Is it healthy? No, probably not, but Hope isn't thinking about that. She's only thinking that Phoebe made her feel something other than intense sorrow.

Comment

I think the word obsessed is being used by some is to make the case against Hope that she is not fit to be a mom when the truth comes out

Comment

• fracabell
            fracabell commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think she is fit to be a mom as she is too selfish and self absorbed to take care of another human.

Originally posted by Katie Logan View Post
          I think the word obsessed is being used by some is to make the case against Hope that she is not fit to be a mom when the truth comes out
          Exactly. I think it is Hope hate that makes it easier to pile on and call her obsessed and crazy.

Comment

• bandwagon
            bandwagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Especially when it takes the focus off the loony tune obsessed crazy gun toting unstable Taylor.

She has zero interest in Kelly a baby she has known was coming for over a year . I am more troubled by that. Her interest in Phoebe could be explained by the fact that she was recently pregnant and there is likely a logical physical reason due to hormone levels but no baby to connect with . I am sure they will try to make it out like she is some kind of clairvoyant but it’s probably easily explained by her recent pregnancy and the physical side of not some psychic .

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The addition of Kelly to the story changes the dynamic. I wouldn't call it obsessed, but I do think it is odd that she doesn't seem to show any interest in Kelly at all. I could see Steffy being irritated that one is treated differently from the other, especially since she is trying so hard to make both babies feel as if they are siblings and that there is no difference between them. That makes sense.

Comment

Hope can't stop thinking about Phoebeth and talking about her. She wanted to go with Liam to see the baby and hold her; Kelly wasn't even on her radar. When she was told the baby was sleeping, she was all disappointed until she heard her cry then asked if she could go pick her up. I saw the looks exchanged between Steffy and Liam. If Hope isn't obsessed, she's well on her way, IMO.

Comment

I don't doubt at all that it would make Hope fell a little better seeing and holding another baby during her grief, and had she been all about being a family with steffy and if she meant when she said they would be one extended family, then there would be no issue with Hope popping in to see the kids and I am sure Steffy wouldn't mind helping Hope that way. But the very reason she had Beth in Catalina is the reason I have issue with it. She had to get Liam all alone and had to go off somewhere to do that, cause she didn't want to have that extended family Christmas, she didn't want Liam to be with his child and steffy's mom. So now I find it obsessive and creepy cause she is like none of that happened before catalina, its like she found out she was pregnant, her and laim got married, and they are all one big happy family.

Makes you wonder if the catalina stuff was taped and written and then they added in the Taylor threat. Cause Hope seems to feel they are right where they were before she went off on Taylor and Steffy and made Liam choose who to be with on Christmas. and I guess the audience is supposed to forget that in Bell's quest to make everyone feel sorry for Hope Logan.

Comment

• thecourt99
                  thecourt99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Or maybe Hope's feelings changed and she gained a new perspective after losing her child.

• fracabell
                  fracabell commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That may be true, it would be nice for her to acknowledge it. Maybe a scene where she is holding Phoebe and she tells Steffy she is sorry for being so angry and that now more than ever she knows that all family is important. and that she knows steffy just wanted to protect her mom. But most likely we will get the renewed Taylor anger once Phoebe is back to being Beth.

I would use the word "fixated", even without mentioning her disinterest in Kelly, since she saw the baby its all she's talked about and when she went to see the baby on Friday she acted a little disconnected when Steffy told her the baby was sleeping and then perked up immediately when the baby cried and she ran in to get her. I was waiting for them to pan to a shot of her nursing the child. I think its clear the storyline is heading that direction, which is why it would make a much better s/l if they had not made this baby Beth, because at the end, this behavior is justified because she "felt" a connection to her because it was Beth.

Comment

I wonder how long they will drag this out. Maybe Zoe will save us all from this dreadful story!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X