Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ratings are going up for this storyline

Many people are saying nobody cares about this storyline and it's boring and should be dropped ASAP. But I don't agree. It's creating the buzz between fan bases, but more important the ratings are going up.

Reminder, this storyline officially began the week after Christmas, when Liam and Hope decided to go to Catalina. This is a recap of the last 4 months of 2018, compared to January 19.

September ---> 2.36, 2.38, 2.39, 2.33, 2.33 ---> Average 2.36
    October ---> 2.40, 2.39, 2.38, 2.47, 2.45 ---> Average 2.42
    November ---> 2.42, 2.44, 2.38, 2.47 ----> Average 2.43
    December ---> 2.32, 2.35, 2.33, 2.40 ----> Average 2.35

January 2019 ---> 2.50, 2.52, 2.47, 2.49 -----> Average 2.50

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/ratings

And the special 8000th episode had 2.52.
    Clearly, the trend is positive. There is already an amelioration for the last week of the year, it soared in January. 2.36&2.40 to 2.50, that represents between 100,000 and 200,000 additional viewers.

A lot of viewers may find it boring and I respect their opinions, but based on these numbers, the storyline is working for Bell. I hope it won't drag out for too long, but so far he is doing a great job.

This is really interesting, Brooke99. Thanks for the info. I love reading stuff like this. The story is just okay to me, though admittedly I have been tuning in "live" more since the story began and I am one of the few who does not want a quick wrap-up of it. Otherwise, what would the point be? There have to be more twists and turns before the big reveal.

I am also one of the few who still does not fully believe that this baby is Beth.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
      This is really interesting, Brooke99. Thanks for the info. I love reading stuff like this. The story is just okay to me, though admittedly I have been tuning in "live" more since the story began and I am one of the few who does not want a quick wrap-up of it. Otherwise, what would the point be? There have to be more twists and turns before the big reveal.

I am also one of the few who still does not fully believe that this baby is Beth.
      Even Reece said it was. How can it not be at this stage of the SL? Interested in your theory

Comment

Let's see if the ratings stay that way. My first thought when I saw they went up in January was the weather. There has been a lot of cold, snowy weather in large parts of the country, thus resulting in many more people being home and tuning in. Or, I could be totally off.

Comment

the credit should go to steffy, taylor, phoebeth and Kelly, as well as reese and flo..hope and liam have been the only downside..also weve seen way less of brooke so im sure that helped viewers tune in..

Comment

• boldie
            boldie commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont agree. The storyline is about Hope and Liam and their baby as awful as it is. Steffy and Taylor's involvement is just a by product of the angst and the storyline. And this is an ensemble cast where characters play off one another.

• BnbYnr90
            BnbYnr90 commented
            Editing a comment
            of course lope has fans and they are tuning in, but still, I doubt returning viewers who jumped ship last year, due to how she was front and center, have suddenly comeback..
            and sure steffy is being used to prop lope, but still many are likely tuning in to see what happens to phoebeth, and especially to see how well steffy and taylor will take care of her..they are probably hoping to see what will become of reese and flo..

• fracabell
            fracabell commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah but the ensemble of a cast is not being used. there are like 5 people on daily and the others????? they only pop in to talk about the wonderfulness that is Hope.

Originally posted by savytabby View Post

I would also like to know why you think this baby is not Beth. It seems pretty clear to me. Even Brad Bell said in an interview that he would like the reveal to take a long time. Why would he say that if the baby was not Beth? Are you sure it is not just wishful thinking on your part?

Comment

• Reva+BudFan
            Reva+BudFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishful thinking on my part too! He could easily write it so that Reese lied to Flo. That could be a twist. However, I don’t think Bell would invest enough time and energy to do a SL like that justice. Easier to just have baby be Beth. Especially given how much he seems to love (Taylor vs Brooke), Steffy vs Hope, (Tridge vs Brisge), Steam vs Lope and I’m sure eventually plans to write for Kelly vs Beth. Very predictable.

My point is-until it’s actually played out on screen, the writing can go any way he wants.

RevaBudFan, you are right about that but I do not think he plans to change this storyline around. You know what would have been controversial? If Hope had a boy and he and Kelly (when they grew up) were fighting for the affections of a man! I know, Brad Bell would never write that story!

Comment

I am very surprised after all the negativity on the board how boring it is and how some are not watching this awful sl.Ratings do speak for themselves you cannot really argue with that it is what keeps a show on the air.

Comment

Please the only ones who are clearly enjoying this are the Lope and Logan fans cause I don't see other fan bases enjoying this.

Comment

• boldie
                boldie commented
                Editing a comment
                Why would Hope fans enjoy seeing her in misery about her stolen baby?

Originally posted by BnbYnr90 View Post
              the credit should go to steffy, taylor, phoebeth and Kelly, as well as reese and flo..hope and liam have been the only downside..also weve seen way less of brooke so im sure that helped viewers tune in..
              AN and SC acting has been outstanding!!

Comment

Don't speak for me Blandina87 .
                While I am happy about the ratings since it has been said several times that the Logan's are killing the show, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I like Hope and the Logan's, but this story-line absolutely sucks.
                I am not enjoying it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SLW117 View Post

I agree SLW117 ,

And Brooke is part of that, playing the grieving mother/grandmother.

This is an ensemble cast so no one character is acting alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SLW117 View Post

I have nothing against the actors..so I can agree that they perform well with the material that they are given..that being said, im sure ppl were tuning in to see what reese was going to do with the stolen baby, and then flo came along, and then we have steffy and taylor being put in the middle of this awful scheme..

the storyline itself is hot garbage and I think ppl are just tuning in for the fallout..
                    Last edited by BnbYnr90; February 10th, 2019, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sundein44 View Post
                      I am very surprised after all the negativity on the board how boring it is and how some are not watching this awful sl.Ratings do speak for themselves you cannot really argue with that it is what keeps a show on the air.
                      wayne brady is pretty famous and has lots of fans..it wouldn't surpise me if the majority of these ppl tuning in are his fans from lets make a deal..
                      a lot of ppl who watch that show probably switch to other soaps when its time for them to air..so some ppl who like lets make a deal could be skipping days or GH to watch b&b to see him in action..

Comment

and then there are the BB addicts who will watch no matter what

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X