Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This baby story turns out to be disappointing (spoilerisch)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This baby story turns out to be disappointing (spoilerisch)

So it looks like this story of Hope’s baby dying will be over within a few weeks? Why? What exactly was accomplished, other than making the Forrester lose once again, making Taylor and Steffie look like “baby black market dealers”, and the Logan family once again will end up being the victims and big winners in the end. Besides getting her baby back, Hope will also have her line (HFTF) restarted, she will get all the funds Ridge had stopped in favor of Steffie’s Intimates line.
    The start of this story (Hope and Liam lost their baby) was promising, as hard as it is to lose a child, the possibilities of great story telling was there, I was looking forward to it and then they had to decide to make it a ridiculous baby switch that left all kind of questions unanswered and within a couple of days they bring it to an end. How disappointing, another great possibility overlooked.
    Last edited by rike; February 10th, 2019, 12:39 AM.

Sadly, you already nailed the point of this storyline: to make Hope sympathetic - and to give her everything at Steffy and Taylor's expense.

If I was actually watching this crap, I'd be pissed off.

Comment

• MozSweetPea
      MozSweetPea commented
      Editing a comment
      NuttyAboutSoaps if I could marry your post and love it forever I would.

• fracabell
      fracabell commented
      Editing a comment
      NuttyAboutSoaps your post is spot on, I also believe this is to have everyone feel sorry for Hope, the thing is it makes me dislike her more. The only way I may remotely feel for this spoiled brat is if she admitted her mistakes and stopped blaming everyone else. then maybe had her losing beth happened then, I may feel something. But instead it is this entitled little girl who can't be happy she won Liam the love of her life.

• fracabell
      fracabell commented
      Editing a comment
      @Lakergirl04, Phobeth is Steffy's, as far as the characters on this show, she is steffy's Phoebe's only mother is Steffy.

i can't watch anymore. i have actually removed it from my dvr so it will not record anymore. sadly, this show has succumbed to the millenial generation of having no real thought process or plan in life. it just rambles on an endless loop of groundhog day... liam gets the girl, switches girls, liam gets the girl again. wash rinse and repeat. steffy bad, hope good. enough!

Comment

Make Hope look sympathetic? Well she thinks her baby is dead, so yes she should have sympathy.

I don't care what it makes Taylor look like but Hope needs her baby, and soon. Taylor already looks like a psycho and spilling her hatred of Brooke and Hope within an hour of meeting him just shows she has issues. Then standing by while he berates Brooke whom he had never met is further proof she has issues. Then not really questioning the guy that delivered Hopes baby and just happened to immediately have a baby for Steffy shows she has no intuitive skills nor does she exercise great judgment.

Comment

Hope has not been liked for years now.. When we were asked if we wanted Hope re-casted, the great majority said please don't re-cast the character. Yes, there were some who liked
      Hope but there were more that disliked her. She has always been passive/aggressive, looks down on others, wants her way and is always given everything, other characters always
      support or prop her and feel sorry for her. It's exhausting and boring to watch when she's on canvas.

With that being said, I really believe last year when she came back, she was not liked or wanted by most. So when the opportunity arose, they decided to make Hope be a more
      sympathetic character with this story. It seems like since JMW became pregnant, that they were going to leave things the way they were with Lope staying together and Steffy
      choosing Kelly and herself. They don't even want to give Steffy a new love interest, but to keep her in limbo, still pining away for Liam so that they keep Steamers hanging in
      there to watch and hope they will eventually reunite.

Now it seems to me that Hope will get through this baby switch, her baby died by placental abruption story, on top of the world. She will have her daughter, Liam, more funding for
      HFTF and life will be back to normal for her. So, yes, I feel that Brad needed to make Hope more likeable and more popular with the fans, to bring her to the top of the heap
      in the polls and make Lope the most popular couple with this story.

I see that even people who like Steffy and Steam are becoming more sympathetic to Hope and Lope. But I also have to mention that what fans did to
      Wayne Brady was just terrible. He was playing a character and did not deserve to be treated the way he was IRL. Yes, I also understand that making the character lose her child
      in childbirth was very sad and now making her react the way she is doing deserves sympathy. I know people will be saying that to me.

This is just my opinion and of course, everyone is entitled to agree or disagree.

Comment

• loganfan1234
        loganfan1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        I haven't seen any poll of every viewer for B&B in which any majority stated they did not like Hope and did not want Hope recasted. That may be what some want to think, but there is no proof of such. Hope has many fans.

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not giving me any sympathy for Hope or the recast, I think it is horrible, and go back to the drawing board Bell cause I still don't like Hope, the recast or her hypocrite self.

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know I think Bell liked Steam, and all I can say is Jaqui and Scott come off so much better than Scott and Annika. Scott and Jaqui made Steam so big, even an article they did recently where they know each other so well and stuff. Steam will be back someday, but really Hope is nothing without Liam, there is no where for her to go, so Bell is forcing Lope for now.

Originally posted by lovely rita View Post
      Hope has not been liked for years now.. When we were asked if we wanted Hope re-casted, the great majority said please don't re-cast the character. Yes, there were some who liked
      Hope but there were more that disliked her. She has always been passive/aggressive, looks down on others, wants her way and is always given everything, other characters always
      support or prop her and feel sorry for her. It's exhausting and boring to watch when she's on canvas.

With that being said, I really believe last year when she came back, she was not liked or wanted by most. So when the opportunity arose, they decided to make Hope be a more
      sympathetic character with this story. It seems like since JMW became pregnant, that they were going to leave things the way they were with Lope staying together and Steffy
      choosing Kelly and herself. They don't even want to give Steffy a new love interest, but to keep her in limbo, still pining away for Liam so that they keep Steamers hanging in
      there to watch and hope they will eventually reunite.

Now it seems to me that Hope will get through this baby switch, her baby died by placental abruption story, on top of the world. She will have her daughter, Liam, more funding for
      HFTF and life will be back to normal for her. So, yes, I feel that Brad needed to make Hope more likeable and more popular with the fans, to bring her to the top of the heap
      in the polls and make Lope the most popular couple with this story.

I see that even people who like Steffy and Steam are becoming more sympathetic to Hope and Lope. But I also have to mention that what fans did to
      Wayne Brady was just terrible. He was playing a character and did not deserve to be treated the way he was IRL. Yes, I also understand that making the character lose her child
      in childbirth was very sad and now making her react the way she is doing deserves sympathy. I know people will be saying that to me.

This is just my opinion and of course, everyone is entitled to agree or disagree.
      I don't agree. There are plenty of fans who like Hope. Brad Bell does not have to do anything to make Hope more sympathetic to the fans. Like he said in the past, if fans don't like it turn the channel. It is evident (at least to me) that Brad Bell is a fan of the character. His opinion matters most and I do not see the character going anywhere.

Comment

• bandwagon
        bandwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        All three of these posts are spot on. I have also seen more support for Hope from people that usually do not posts here that are feeling more comfortable posting their feelings about liking Hope.

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm right here with ya' reggyreg, angella, 1sbkmcfan and certainly you bandwagon as we agree quite often.
        I have always liked Hope.

• B&B blonde
        B&B blonde commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you reg
        they never asked me so while some may not like Hope there are a lot of people who LOVE Hope.
        I don't see the Forresters losing a thing. What I see is Hope had her child stolen and bout for by Taylor as a gift for steffy Forrester..

Amen Angella123 welcome to the board

Comment

• bandwagon
        bandwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Angella123 Welcome to the board!

• Angella123
        Angella123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!!

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome, welcome, welcome. I don't post much because I hate to argue, but I am always around.

I don't think this story has anything to do with propping Hope. I think Bell got a lot of backlash from people like myself, who wrote several times to the writers, how heart-wrenching it is to watch when you, yourself, have lost a child either in childbirth and shortly after giving birth. I read somewhere that this story would go on for months before Beth would be given back to Hope. Not those exact words. Now it seems as it is pretty much right around the corner. Just my opinion.

Comment

• GabbyMo
        GabbyMo commented
        Editing a comment
        I have lost a child, and I feel it would have been much better to show a story line that dealt with grief or post partum depression. Anything but a baby swap, I felt the pain that Hope was feeling, but now it’s just like a slap in the face. Nothing beneficial or entertaining about this ridiculous story

• bandwagon
        bandwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        All three of you, I am sorry for your losses. I can just imagine how hard this story is on you. GabbyMo if you are a newer viewer to BB, I can tell you they did a PPD story and it was worse than this baby swap story. All it did was make 4 characters look really bad, including the character with PPD

• GabbyMo
        GabbyMo commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you bandwagon. I wish I was a new viewer, been watching since day 1. Still can’t figure out why I’m still watching. With all the help available to people today dealing with this issue, just thought it would have been better to go a different direction.

The sole purpose of this storyline is to prop Hope/Lope. She looked really bad getting knocked up by married Liam to steal him from Steffy, and wrecking Steam’s marriage without a second thought for Kelly, but then insisting that her baby deserves to have married parents. This story is all about making homewrecker Hope and Liam, who cheats on his fiancé while she is home caring for their newborn, more sympathetic. Sorry, Bell, I still can’t stand Hope or Liam, and I hope this baby turns out not to be Beth.
      Last edited by ABeth; February 10th, 2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• loganfan1234
        loganfan1234 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope didn't wreck Leffy's already tattered marriage. Leffy imploded on their own. But the baby is Beth.

• ABeth
        ABeth commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, @NuttyAboutSoaps. Hope is not the morally superior saint she pretends to be, and it makes her totally grate on my nerves. She isn’t even a nice person. She is totally self-centered, selfish, and yes, just as manipulatiive as Steffy ever was.

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree ABeth, Hope has nothing without Liam in her story, and how do you all explain why everyone on the show has to sit around talking about Hope all day, even little Will, Hope needs major propping to stay important.

Again, disagree. Once Hope became pregnant not by herself, it takes too, Liam said things have changed but Steffy didn't want to hear it. Liam is where is wants to be.

Comment

• bandwagon
        bandwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        So true...People claim that Steffy made the choice for Liam. That may be true, however if Liam really wanted to be with Steffy he would have fought to get her back.

Originally posted by ABeth View Post
      The sole purpose of this toryline is to prop Hope/Lope. She looked really bad getting knocked up by married Liam to steal him from Steffy, and wrecking Steam’s marriage without a second thought for Kelly, but that insisting that her baby deserves to have married parents. This story is all about making homewrecker Hope and Liam, who cheats on his fiancé while she is home caring for their newborn, more sympathetic. Sorry, Bell, I still can’t stand Hope or Liam, and I hope this baby turns out not to be Beth.
      Honestly it has always been said that Kelly was the only reason why Hope was even supportive to try to mediate between Steffy and Liam. Hope told Steffy that if not for Kelly she would not be helping her.
      Hope always made sure that Liam went to the US appointments with Steffy.
      Hope encouraged Liam to go to Steffy's place, when Steffy had invited Liam for dinner.
      Hope only changed that, when she watched Liam having his mental breakdown (Liam thinking he had shot his own father) and she blamed Bill and Steffy for that.

But even later, we had Hope considering Kelly.
      Before Liam signed the annulment papers, we had Hope telling him that it is okay if he is having second thoughts.
      When Liam came back after Kelly had been born, we had Hope being the one who told him that they should break up and he should be with his daughter and that she does not want him to regret one day that he had not been a full-time father for his daughter.

Hope: Liam. I'm proud of you. I am proud that you get to be the kind of father that you never had. And I would hate myself if i somehow got in the way of that. You need to be with your child.
      Liam: I will. I will.
      Hope: But not part-time. Liam, I know you. That is not what you want. You were going back to Steffy. You had found forgiveness, and then your father manipulated you and made you give up on a marriage that you weren't ready to give up on yet. And I can see in your eyes where you feel you need to be. Even if you can't -- even if you can't say it to me, I can see it, and, you know, it's okay. It hurts like hell, but it's okay.
      Liam: I love you. I love you.
      Hope: That was never in doubt. I love you, too. But I can't stand in the way of you and your family. I care about you too much to do that.

Steffy: Yeah. Now that we have a moment, um... you were saying how you and hope ended the engagement.
      Liam: Yeah. I... I think she just realized she couldn't stand in the way of this.

Hope only changed her mind, when she realized that she was pregnant and it wasn't just about herself, but also about their child.

Comment

• asoapaddiction
        asoapaddiction commented
        Editing a comment
        VIENNA thank you! Appreciate you always able to show such with proof of transcript verbatim, you rock

and:

Angel la, you're 10000008062% right... Well said, nuff said, yep. I've always knew that, even when my stef

foolishly assumed it was"all about her, and she finally admit, FINALLY in her 30s"to liam, last year, finally saying loud and clear

"It is hope?"
        It is and "was" always about HOPE, liam.

He always knew this.
        It's kinda like Stef was "hoping"with her cha cha sex weak crap he will just:
        -forget about a woman like HOPE LOGAN and that was not going to happen ever.

Bell shall always demonstrate this, as he always loved,and is IN love with 1 and her name is now, Mrs.Hope Logan-Spencer and that makes me proud.

Now, my stef can go off and find a man who will admire/love her respect has as much as liam does with his soulmate."Sick of her sitting around beggin and or being whiny bout liam, when it is clear, she is better OFF without a man who will NEVER be IN love with her nor love her the way he has with hope."

Greta.

• bandwagon
        bandwagon commented
        Editing a comment
        As always viennagirl you say tell it like it was played. ABeth The playing field was now level and why would Hope not put her child first. Steffy sure paraded her 1st pregnancy in Hope's face, because Steffy had all of the cards at the time. Hope has always encouraged Liam to be part of Kelly life since the beginning...

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes we all know, Liam couldn't even take a potty break without Hope up in his business in that motel. We all get it, Hope went on a campaign tour, her mom went on a campaign, and they won Liam for Hope. They won, steffy lost the prize of Liam. Hope made sure to win so be happy already, all her fans be happy too.

I can't be the only one hoping the baby stays with Steffy for a long time - would make for a MUCH more interesting story. This quick, hurry up, finish the story garbage is insulting to long-time viewers. Let it ride, let Liam and Hope have another, get on with their lives and later create a scenario where it become known who Phoebe really is. That's more interesting. JMHO...

Comment

• ABeth
        ABeth commented
        Editing a comment
        It wouldn’t have happened in the first place had Hope not been so desperate to get Liam all to herself that she made risky decisions.

• Camille78
        Camille78 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope Phoebe stays with Steffy for years!

• boldie
        boldie commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope that's not more interesting at all, it's just more torture for Hope and Liam fans. Dont disguise it as interesting.
        ABeth And it wouldn't have happened had Taylor not opened her big need for attention sorry for her herself delusional sad sack mouth to a complete stranger who could take advantage of her. Hope had every right to want time alone with her husband before their baby came. It's what millions of couples do and they dont get their babies stolen.

Originally posted by Angella123 View Post
      Again, disagree. Once Hope became pregnant not by herself, it takes too, Liam said things have changed but Steffy didn't want to hear it. Liam is where is wants to be.
      Welcome Angella! And you are absolutely right! People forget that Hope did not beg Liam to come to her fashion show. In fact I remember Pam telling him to go home to his wife and new baby daughter. But did he? No. He was right where he wanted to be.

Comment

• Angella123
        Angella123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you reggyreg! Yup, he sure was!

Angella123, I am glad you joined the forum. We Hope fans need all the support we can get.

Comment

• Angella123
        Angella123 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am too!! Looking forward to posting. thx!

• B&B blonde
        B&B blonde commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen to that..
        Welcome Angella123 !!

Originally posted by reggyreg View Post

Welcome Angella! And you are absolutely right! People forget that Hope did not beg Liam to come to her fashion show. In fact I remember Pam telling him to go home to his wife and new baby daughter. But did he? No. He was right where he wanted to be.
      Liam knew that Steffy did not want him to go to the fashion show - but he still did. Pam had told Liam to go home to Steffy and his newborn - Liam didn't.

We had Hope then telling Liam after the fashion show, that she would like him to stay on HFTF, but she understands that he has a little girl at home that needs him and so he is stopping to work for HFTF.

Hope: Well, I'm just -- I'm glad you got to be a part of this.
      Liam: Yeah.
      Hope: And as far as you staying on, as much as I would like you to, I mean, I understand. You have a little girl at home, and she needs her dad. Just like our little girl or boy needs you.
      Liam: Yeah. And I will -- I will be there for her. Or him. And you. Always. Uh...

Comment

• fracabell
        fracabell commented
        Editing a comment
        We get it, Hope won her Liam, she won. Now give Hope her baby back and have Lope tank on their own. Many have been saying for years take steffy out of Lope, and let them be on their own. Wonder why Bell doesn't do that? Cause Lope are boring.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X