Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&B PROBLEMS

I've been watching this show almost since it's inception. I don't understand how they write this show anymore- they make splashy advertisements that Donna Logan is back to shake up Eric's marriage and then nothing happens. I could really care less about that because Donna has always been flakey and I find that group boring. Or Thorne is back, but now he's gone. It's as if They sign the deal, make the announcement and then boom nothing happens. this has been going on for 10+ years. There's no consistency or good story telling anymore. The only highlight of the past few months has honestly been Hunter Tylo- I love having "normal" Taylor back and I'd love to see her take everything back from Brooke. I miss Stephanie telling Brooke how it is and how terrible she is, that's when the show was amazing. Remember those scenes where Stephanie would confront Brooke and shame her -or the big announcements at the fashion shows. Or when they'd be fighting over the company - that was what B&B was...…..it's just a mess now. I want Taylor as a main, she needs to keep Brooke in line.

Unless there is a change in the writing staff, expect more of the same crap.

Comment

This is why I don’t watch as much as I use to. Steffy is my favorite, but I hate the way she lets Brooke and Hope walk over her.

Comment

Originally posted by #8fan View Post
        I don't understand how they write this show anymore- they make splashy advertisements that Donna Logan is back to shake up Eric's marriage and then nothing happens. I could really care less about that because Donna has always been flakey and I find that group boring. Or Thorne is back, but now he's gone. It's as if They sign the deal, make the announcement and then boom nothing happens.
        I don't understand why they make someone a contract actor, when they then do not really use him/her much in the end.

Justin is a character that has been with B&B for a long time (since 2009). In 2017 they announced a chance for his actor, Aaron D. Spears, and that he would go from recurring to contract status. But has Justin then been seen more than before? I don't remember any special SL for him.
        He had been seen as a possible suspect during the "who shot Bill" SL, but it didn't really explain why the actor was now supposedly a contract actor instead of recurring as before.

Thorne had not been used much for months after the actor had joined B&B. Then, finally, they gave him a SL with Katie - and it seems as if it might be soon over again, since his actor has said that he has not renewed his contract.

Jennifer Gareis (Donna) is on contract - but does not have to do much really

Comment

• Steamfan339
          Steamfan339 commented
          Editing a comment
          And now we have Maya too. They brought her back for 4 episodes, she is on contract but has nothing. We haven't seen her since Christmas, except at he Funerals.

I only watch when Taylor and Steffy are on. Hunter Tylo has given a new lease of life to the show. She needs to have more scenes calling out Brooke and Hope. She is literally the only person who has called Hope out. Unfortunately, Brad Bell is not half the writer his father was. He can't incorporate a second storyline to counter the baby drama. He exists to prop the Logans at the expense of every other character. Quinn, Wyatt and others have been backburnered. It's killing the show.

Comment

B&B is not the same without Sheila Carter in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by viennagirl View Post
            I don't understand why they make someone a contract actor, when they then do not really use him/her much in the end.

Justin is a character that has been with B&B for a long time (since 2009). In 2017 they announced a chance for his actor, Aaron D. Spears, and that he would go from recurring to contract status. But has Justin then been seen more than before? I don't remember any special SL for him.
            He had been seen as a possible suspect during the "who shot Bill" SL, but it didn't really explain why the actor was now supposedly a contract actor instead of recurring as before.

Thorne had not been used much for months after the actor had joined B&B. Then, finally, they gave him a SL with Katie - and it seems as if it might be soon over again, since his actor has said that he has not renewed his contract.

Jennifer Gareis (Donna) is on contract - but does not have to do much really
            they dont even give Bill his own storyline anymore, let alone Justin

Comment

ICAM! op, its an utter travesty..

Comment

While I will not call this mess "The Logan Show" because in the past it has been "The Stephanie" show, "The Taylor" show, and then "The Steffy" show. I do think that TIIC should create a show that should have different stories going on at the same time. I am so tired of the Steam vs Lope flip-flop show. TIIC need to have something more for Katie the shows snot goblin and "Can't Wyllie just get out of bed to go to work?", Pam and Charlie Top Chef, Where in the World is Quinn and Eric, and Taylor the I can't get over it because my ex husband dumped me for having pity sex with a patient,even though I did confess,,, (more than a decade later) but it is all Brooke's fault that I couldn't let the guy die a virgin.

Comment

• BnbYnr90
                  BnbYnr90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  its all brooke's fault that her marriage was under attack..lets not forget abut brooke kissing ridge twice before the big bear boink..
                  plus ridge was being a lousy husband and taylor thought she had been abandoned and was going to die..
                  I mean ridge only saved her because thorn beat up him and boarded the plane in his place..

but of course none of these factors were acknowledged when she confessed in 2006..thanks to certain agendas and rewrites..

A good competent writer will have at least 2 story lines going at one time so as to keep different fanbases happy. This is only a half hour show but it can done.
                One would be to come up with character driven storylines and not plot driven stories.
                another is to have some common sense in scenes and dialogue.
                another is to stick to what they put out there as spoilers rumors and casting.
                the viewers are not stupid but the writers act like we are. Its annoying

Comment

• BrAk5742
                  BrAk5742 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You did say "good" and "competent" but sadly those adjectives have not been demonstrated since Bell Sr. I say if they got rid of all of those location shots between scenes, redundant dialogue and actually made use of their cast, they might be onto something.

I think because TPTB can ride on the fact that it's the most widely viewed soap in the world, they feel minimum work will suffice.

this is my assessment:

brooke and ridge are extremely boring together and they have zero chemistry..and the marriage is based on slut tactics from 1994..if brooke hadn't used the company to attack the tridge marriage and make them cheat on each other, she wouldn't even have ridge..bell is promoting a nihilism and evil, by white washing her..she's an evil tramp and is crazy just like Sheila and morgan..everytime she calls taylor crazy I cringe, seeing as how she was the one running around with plastic dolls and then sexing up her son in law for over 6 months and then forcing her poor daughter to deliver the baby..just sick..brooke should have been killed off years ago..and imo if she were killed off or just written off, maybe the show could revive itself and come out of this slum..

hope and liam are boring and stupid..yet for some reason, the focus of the show is on them..it baffles me..
                they even are less exciting than dylan and jessica, that other couple bell created for the younger audience years ago..they were written off with no explanation after bogging down the show with one dull sl after another..these two ought to get the same treatment..

at this point, if taylor can remain calm and be her old self, there is potential..
                perhaps hector would be a good romantic interest..or they could even bring back blake or omar..
                recasted ridge only had chemistry with caroline 2, so at this point I dont care about ridge getting back with her..
                ron moss was the only ridge who was compatible with hunter or Katherine, and the real Tridge took place during the best years of the show anyway with the talented and unforgettable Bell sr..

if brooke and hope could somehow be written off, maybe in a plane crash, caroline could come back and take their places as the troublesome blonde, hopefully with some decent scripts..

wyatt and sally deserve better..a whodunnit, or mystery related to shady activity on the beach could a good sl for them, instead of just showing them in bed..
                we just had them in bed the other day and then we are supposed to see this again on valentines day..is this really all that they are good for?

steffy needs a new man and a sl of her own..she could get abducted for ransome, develop an illness, hire a new employee who causes trouble at forrester which could create a legal battle..
                I mean anything would be better than watching her pine over a Nancy while he lays up with a witch..

also Thomas and deacon could come back as villains, and Sheila along with lauren fenmore could return for a guest arc that finally concludes their sl..

but yea all of this imo is the answer..
                Last edited by BnbYnr90; February 10th, 2019, 10:17 AM. Reason: not spam..last error

Comment

Originally posted by Steamfan339 View Post
                  And now we have Maya too. They brought her back for 4 episodes, she is on contract but has nothing. We haven't seen her since Christmas, except at he Funerals.
                  Maya has also been in the episode on Jan 28, the fashion show

We had Pam adressing again Maya's divorce and wondering if she should bake something for Maya.
                  Quinn admonished Pam that baking and cakes are too much celebratory for deaths or divorces.
                  Maya also warned them that Hope might not be ready yet for visitors and they should better call first.

Pam Oh! And, Maya, I haven't even made anything for you yet.
                  Maya: Heh...
                  Pam: Since, you know, the...
                  Maya: Uh, you can say it, Pam. Since my divorce.
                  Pam: Yeah. Sorry. Uh... want me to bake you something?
                  Quinn: Again. Pam. Celebratory.
                  Maya: [ Chuckles ]
                  Pam: Oh... well, you know I didn't mean it that way, right?
                  Maya: It's -- it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by steffygirl View Post
                    This is why I don’t watch as much as I use to. Steffy is my favorite, but I hate the way she lets Brooke and Hope walk over her.
                    yep.
                    but i love JMW wayyyy wayyyy too much as steffy forrester 10yrs+ and hence, i just can't stop watching heralways got her on, even repeats(bill scenes) and on line old great scenes of her with everyone excluding horrid forced scenes imho liam and that mess."
                    -
                    But, i get why some can't really watch anymore. I get it. yep.

Greta.

Comment

I really dont understand why its so hard to write other stories, they have all these talented actors and characters that fans actually like. Its really mind bogglingly. Like the screentime they use having other characters talk about liam/steffy/hope those characters could be in their own story instead. I know the show is only what 18mins but they will have characters sit around in other scenes talking the gruesome threesome. Its wierd. Use that time developing and having these character have their own lives. And when other characters do have stories they rush the hell out it.

Comment

What's different about the show nowadays is that it doesn't really seem like the writers know where they are going with the storylines. It very much feels like they just make it up as they go along, from day to day, with no plan or bigger picture in mind. One very clear indication is what the writers do when an actor is unavailable. In the old days, they would recast temporarily or permanently mid-storyline, because the story was already planned and the character was needed. Now, when an actor leaves, their character just vanishes or their storyline is quickly dropped in a way that makes no sense.

Also, look at all the "big" character returns we've had these past few years that have amounted to nothing. You can almost see Bell thinking, "hey, wouldn't it be cool/shocking if X returned", but with absolutely no storyline planned for the character, it all just turned into a major disappointment.

I would even go as far as saying the problem with B&B is that they don't actually do "storylines" anymore. They do "random things happening", which is not the same thing.
                        Last edited by AnnMagda; February 11th, 2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• PeaceOut
                          PeaceOut commented
                          Editing a comment
                          THis is exactly what the problem is. IR was stunt casted so that meant Watie had to go, for him to have some kind of a storyline. But that is over now too.
                          Thomas is coming back too. I wonder what will change for that return to work for Bell's messed up writing. This is another problems when you write plots.

• BrAk5742
                          BrAk5742 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm STILL angry that Bell threw Watie to the wayside for Katie and Thorne's lackluster marriage!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X