This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board Advisory: Please read immediately

The forums are intended to be a fun place where fans can get together and talk about all aspects of the show. We want everyone to feel comfortable and welcome. We aren’t all going to agree, but we should be able to disagree without taking personal jabs.

Recently, the moderators have had to remove a slew of topics and posts because of on-going violations, so we’d like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the guidelines.

Respect is paramount. If you address anyone personally on the forum then be sure you are polite, respectful, and on topic. Asking if someone watched the show, is for real, smoking something, or anything along those lines is prohibited. It’s rude and uncalled for. Additionally, it’s grounds for an immediate suspension of your posting privileges.

Unapproved topics/posts

Our filter is set to flag anything that might be spam. Too many emoticons, symbols, jargon, or questionable links are just a few of the things that could result in the system unapproving your topic/post. Once that happens, you will have to post without being flagged for a period of time before the system resets your account.

One of the most common reasons for unapproved posts are attempts to bypass the system’s settings for minimum characters (20) per post by adding a series of periods or other symbols to the end of the message until the system accepts it.

Moderators review the unapproved topic/posts once a day at which time we will determine if the topic/post will be approved or deleted for violations, including bypassing the minimum character limit.

Removed topics

The most common reasons for topic removal is as follows:

Vague subject line
    Simply listing a character’s name is not sufficient. The subject line must be a clear indication of what you are discussing. This is to reduce the number of same topic discussions.

Same topic discussion
    If there is a discussion well underway about a development on the show and you start a new discussion about the same topic then we are likely to remove your topic rather than merge it. Merging is a courtesy that we extend to new posters who are still learning the ropes or when we see that the topics were started within minutes of each other and it was clearly inadvertent.

Uncloaked spoiler discussion/spoiler in subject line
    It is imperative to mark spoiler discussions because we have posters who are spoiler free and wish to remain so. For that reason, we also ask that posters keep spoiler information out of the subject lines.

General Information:

Live threads
    Discussion about the show is encouraged except in the live threads. These threads are for recap purposes only and will be closed within hours. If you would like a detailed recap of the episode, then please visit our front pages. Recaps are posted daily.

Nicknames
    It’s fine to call a character an unflattering name to make a point, but please keep it PG-13. The rule of thumb is if it can’t be said on daytime television then it can’t be posted here. Additionally, derogatory names cannot be used exclusively in place of a character’s name.

Saying someone acts like a bastard or bitch is fine, but you can’t repeatedly refer to them as such. Once, for emphasis is okay. After that, it comes off as baiting. And yes, you can use those words because they are used on the show.

Reporting violations:
    If you see a violation, please report it. Do not respond because it just creates more work for us. The site’s policy is to remove all violations and the responses to them.

Please give us time to respond. We check our emails frequently throughout the day, but we are only human and there are times when we might be focused on other things. Most violations are addressed within a few hours, but it can take up to 48 hrs.

Questions/complaints
    Please do not post messages on the forums asking where your topic or post is. Moderators are not at liberty to discuss violations on an open forum out of respect for everyone’s privacy. If you need to contact a moderator, you can do so one of two ways:

Flag a post, even if it’s not a violation. At that time, you will be able to type a message to all of the site's moderators

Email boards@soapcentral.com
    Liz
    soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

PLEASE, I AM SERIOUSLY BEGGING ! STOP posting speculation as spoilers, people! post the news itself, THEN speculate all you want, but for example, the thomas thread is NOT a spoiler!

Comment

• lizincinti
      lizincinti commented
      Editing a comment
      In some cases, it's an attempt to err on the side of caution. Some members worry that their speculation might come to pass, so they don't want to spoil anything for anyone. Others speculate based on various spoilers they've read and the things they've seen unfold.

The first should not be marked as a spoiler, but the latter should.

It's more important to keep the spoiler information out of the subject line. We can always change the topic's prefix, but we can't help spoiler-free people "unsee" something that was posted in a subject line.

I don't understand why my threads and comments are deleted without any mention to me.I look like a fool when it's gone and I'm wondering what's my fault. it's a bit insulting. This is far from a fun place.

Comment

I'm sorry that you don't think this is a fun place to post, but the forums have been around for decades and the guidelines have stood the test of time.

When all members joined the site, they were asked to read the guidelines and to agree to adhere to them before membership was activated. The guidelines remain available for review, so if a post or topic is removed, members can check the guidelines to see what might have resulted in the post/topic being removed. If members need additional information then they can contact a moderator.

Moderators are volunteers. We respond to the reports, monitor the forums, and address violations. We also post board advisories, which serves as a warning to all when there appears to be an on-going problem. However, the owner doesn't want nor expect the moderators to spend countless hours each day on the forums because it's up to the posters to make sure that they don't violate the guidelines, not the moderators. We only step in when you don't.
      Liz
      soapcentral.com

Questions? Comments? Please email me .

Comment

• mariposaa
        mariposaa commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello. Good day, can you tell me how to delete an account?

• lizincinti
        lizincinti commented
        Editing a comment
        Only a moderator can close/delete accounts. Please contact me privately about the account.

Originally posted by mariposaa View Post
      I don't understand why my threads and comments are deleted without any mention to me.I look like a fool when it's gone and I'm wondering what's my fault. it's a bit insulting. This is far from a fun place.
      I feel that way about the Y&R board sometimes.

Comment

what does it mean when you are unable to go back into a thread? It states I am not authorized to do so but I had already been in the thread and posted and am only trying to view someone's response to my post.

Comment

• B&B blonde
          B&B blonde commented
          Editing a comment
          that happens to me sometimes too and others as well. either the thread has been removed or its a glitch.
          try looking for the thread and see if it still up. if so look within the thread for your post

• lizincinti
          lizincinti commented
          Editing a comment
          Generally, it means that the thread has been removed by a moderator. We only remove threads for violations. The most common are:

Vague subject line
          Uncloaked spoiler
          Topic already under discussion in previously posted thread

We will also remove a thread when there are excessive violations, which usually happens when someone steers the conversation away from the topic and on posters. If it takes longer to edit out the violations than to read the discussion then we are instructed to remove the thread.

Thank you both for your help!

Comment

I just wanted to thank you for the clarification about what should be in the LT thread (clarification posted in 2/13 LT). I wasn't watching live, so I didn't post in the LT at all, but it's nice to know what you want/don't want in it for future reference. I would have offered my thanks under the LT, but it was closed by the time I read it, so I couldn't.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X