Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring the old B&B Music

Because I really do not care for the wannabe Hans Zimmer discount background music currently on Bold, I have taken the liberty to transcribe and restore the old music until the music producers finally release a decent album with all the old music.

Anyway, here's some music. If anyone has a longer version of this particular piece of music so I can finish it off, please let me know!

**Updated video**
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7nMKTUgVR4
    Last edited by prestonrcasey; February 8th, 2019, 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by prestonrcasey View Post
    Because I really do not care for the wannabe Hans Zimmer discount background music currently on Bold, I have taken the liberty to transcribe and restore the old music until the music producers finally release a decent album with all the old music.

Anyway, here's some music. If anyone has a longer version of this particular piece of music so I can finish it off, please let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GWbfHEwTQ
    The show used to have the best background music along with Y&R in the 80s/90s. This particular music in this scene that plays with Ridge and Brooke was one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybM...HeOJom5yr&t=0s

Comment

Romance music:
    https://youtu.be/reM9OwC-yvg

Comment

Btw, the first post took me about 40 minuets to cook up so the quality may not be the best or refined (if there are any other musicians/music majors here)

Comment

• JTDMom
        JTDMom commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe it or not, you can get an “album” of B&B original music on ITunes.

Wow just nice, thanks for these. I do miss the music that B&B used to have. It made the events on the show feel more impactful. I wonder why they don't really use it anymore. I especially miss the theme that used to play during shocking or suspensful moments, like the one that played when Bridget overheard Brooke and Deacon on the baby monitor about Hope.

Comment

• prestonrcasey
        prestonrcasey commented
        Editing a comment
        I think a lot of it has to do with the music producers' contracts, and the show producers wanting to re-establish the thematic style of the show.

If you notice, the "new" B&B takes a lot from modern TV shows by the music alone. It's simplified and more modernized with generic samples and simplified motifs.

The old B&B was full of classical motifs and romantic genre music. The tenor sax was a signature of this old music.

Yeah if anyone knows of a video with a longer version of the music from the first post, that'd be great. The video of Bridget learning about Brooke/Deacon has the annoying MnS voiceover and I can't hear much other than the trumpet/french horn

Comment

I have a few full soundtrack from the 90's episodes. I'll upload them asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Skebujebu View Post
          I have a few full soundtrack from the 90's episodes. I'll upload them asap.
          Link to your channel?

Comment

I've updated the original post with an updated video of the BGM I've been working on

Comment

Originally posted by prestonrcasey View Post

**Updated video**
              Fellow musician here! :-) (I'm a composer)

You are so right about the old versus new music of B&B! I really don't care for the "modern" soundtrack either and much prefer the old. I think the most jarring is the music they now use for the establishing shots - it used to sound so much classier! However, it does seem like they still have access to the old tunes, because every now and then, they do reappear. I remember during Sheila's last return they did dig up some of her old theme music, and an abbreviated version of Mother's Plea (one of my all-time favorite B&B motifs) was used during Beth's "stillbirth" scene.

But don't even get me started on the "original songs" that we get every now and then these days... I know tastes differ, but they never fail to make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnMagda View Post

Fellow musician here! :-) (I'm a composer)

You are so right about the old versus new music of B&B! I really don't care for the "modern" soundtrack either and much prefer the old. I think the most jarring is the music they now use for the establishing shots - it used to sound so much classier! However, it does seem like they still have access to the old tunes, because every now and then, they do reappear. I remember during Sheila's last return they did dig up some of her old theme music, and an abbreviated version of Mother's Plea (one of my all-time favorite B&B motifs) was used during Beth's "stillbirth" scene.

But don't even get me started on the "original songs" that we get every now and then these days... I know tastes differ, but they never fail to make me cringe.
                By original songs I assume you mean the lyrical music that happens randomly that i usually skip over LOL.

B&B's motifs were definitely a mix of classical music and romantic jazz.

Comment

• AnnMagda
                  AnnMagda commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, exactly. The ones that sound like simplified pop songs (few chords progressing randomly, banal lyrics, lacking in formal structure) over montages. Really, I have high school students in my music composition class every year who write better songs than that.

I have nothing against montages or singing on B&B per se, but it has been done much better in the past with existing songs.

I do agree the jazzy/orchestral sound worked very well for B&B. What are your favorite motifs?

• prestonrcasey
                  prestonrcasey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, even the Rick/Pheobe stuff was easier to listen to LOL.

I think my favorite are the romantic motifs from when Ridge and Taylor first began their relationship. It's hard to pinpoint which specifically without videos, but I'm working on one of them right now. It's used when Ridge first proposed to Taylor, and the other is a theme used while they were in Saint Thomas (used pretty prominently again during Owen and Jackie's wedding)

I wish they'd soften the opening theme, which as it is now is way to brash-sounding. Hurts my ears to listen to it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X