Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think some are hoping like heck that there is no baby swtich storyline!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think some are hoping like heck that there is no baby swtich storyline!

Let me start by saying this is just my opinion.I think some are in denial about the baby switch and would like to believe that baby Beth is dead because they do not want to see Steffy lose yet again to Hope (giving her the baby back after she bonds with it when she adopts her).They would probably want or speculate ANYTHING BUT a baby switch story. Of course they have that right. I just do not see this being anything else but a baby switch story but I could be wrong.

I don't want Beth to be dead, but I don't want a baby switch storyline, either. Those are SO overdone!

Comment

• soapy4life
      soapy4life commented
      Editing a comment
      They are overdone, but I believe the only time on this soap was when Steffy was kidnapped? No other baby switches. The other soap I watch has had multiple of them!

There are many hoping the baby is dead and this story is over for many reasons - for me it is that I don't think Hope is ready to have a child and I have zero interest in seeing her use a child as a weapon to control Liam for years to come - and there are just as many hoping there is a switch so Hope will have her baby. Only Bell knows which way this is going and odds are he's not even sure yet. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes course at the last minute like he has with other stories. Even if he decides to go with Beth being dead, there is no guarantee she will stay dead. Odds are she'll pop up in the future with some back story about being saved at the last minute by the doctor or a nurse who arrived without the doctor's knowing. Or if there is a switch, who knows, Bell may switch and switch again. We all thought the who shot Bill story was over, but based on some spoilers and comments, it looks like maybe it isn't? Or maybe it is an that's just speculation.

Comment

• soapy4life
      soapy4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I always hated when Taylor kept popping up from the dead, so I get it! I would like to know that Bill is Kelly's father however and that Beth is alive and with her loving parents, not just a pawn to replace a missing sibling. Hope so far is the only one who has not used her child on the show. Taylor, Brooke and Steffy have all done it. It does get old!

• loganfan1234
      loganfan1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      We already know there was a baby switch. It has already been declared by the person who did the switch, and has been backed up by everything seen since then. Hope hasn't shown she will use a baby as a weapon. I think Hope will make a wonderful mother the HER child that has been stolen from her.

i'm leaning toward Beth is actually dead, but it's not because i don't want Steffy to lose out again.... I'm just skeptical of the baby switch story line. To be clear, I did not want Hope to lose Beth in any capacity, period. I'm just not sold on the baby swap/ that that's where we are headed yet.......

Comment

• soapy4life
      soapy4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Placenta previa is certainly a real possibility given the fact that the pain came on so suddenly and painfully and also that Hope's blood pressure likely dropped when she passed out.

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      I just find it odd that the baby is named Phoebe after Steffy's twin sister. SO if the baby is Beth, Liam and Hope are going to change the name back to Beth? Which is like another death of Phoebe for Steffy . If they keep the named that is just plain weird in part because Hope hates Stefy.

The truth is that the Hope fans also WANT it to be a baby switch, so she will get her baby back like it's nothing. But what is being overlooked is the aftermath. It won't be smooth sailing.
    Especially if by that time Liam and Steffy are already back together. (you know Bell will shove them back together)

Comment

• soapy4life
      soapy4life commented
      Editing a comment
      I would rather have a switch than a dead child for sure. I think if Reese did do a switch and he tells Taylor at some point and she is conflicted and doesn't say anything, then this would be very bad. The adoption is certainly plot driven. It came out of nowhere, so if Taylor finds out and doesn't say anything for the sake of Steffy, then the longer she waits, the harder it will be for all of them!

• Lakergirl 04
      Lakergirl 04 commented
      Editing a comment
      I been saying Steffy will give up Phoebe, but won't give up Liam too. The story only works is if Lope break up and Steam reunite. That keeps everything moving.

• loganfan1234
      loganfan1234 commented
      Editing a comment
      The truth is there WAS a baby switch and Beth is alive and well and will be reunited with her rightful parents.

100% Beth is not dead. Girl at the clinic had a premature baby that died at beginning of the week. It was a quick scene. Barely any words said except for "don't blame yourself" as she quickly walked out clinic door. How convenient for the desperate doctor to have a dead baby to present to Hope.

Comment

• threadbender
      threadbender commented
      Editing a comment
      It was commented somewhere that the woman may have given her child up to be adopted and that could be the kink in everything. That Beth did pass away and the other baby is adopted by Steffy but Hope believes it is Beth.
      I do not see that happening. Bell doesn't seem to do stories that well.

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem with that is that a girl wouldn't be able to just leave a clinic after a miscarriage. She would be transported to an hospital. Secondly the polcie or corner would be notify. As possibly a funeral home. There's two many holes.

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      So many not right with that. The corner would have to have been called. The girl would have been taken to a hospital after a miscarriage or at least stayed in the clinic over night, Either way she would have had a stay in a medical facility Just like Hope should have been moved to a hospital after a placenta abruption. Just a lot of holes in the story that would allow Bell to change course by plugging in a few holes.

Originally posted by PeaceOut View Post
    The truth is that the Hope fans also WANT it to be a baby switch, so she will get her baby back like it's nothing. But what is being overlooked is the aftermath. It won't be smooth sailing.
    Especially if by that time Liam and Steffy are already back together. (you know Bell will shove them back together)

Yep...….a wedge of grief is coming between them. Then Steffy will unknowingly adopt Beth and when Liam visits Kelly he will be bonding with the real Beth and Kelly. SMH

Comment

I hope there is no switch. I don't want the baby dead either...but I'd rather that Hope and Liam move on, have another child...if the baby is switched, that time with a newborn (+ the number of years before the baby would be back with its real parents) would be lost. I think the writers will go with the swap for the simple reason they can drag this our and keep people in suspense...of course, there is the chance it will nor sit well and viewers will go elsewhere.

Comment

• soapy4life
        soapy4life commented
        Editing a comment
        He might sell the baby on the black market and then there would not be a " switch" only a lost baby. I really don't want a repeat of Y&R with Sage and everyone thinking she was crazy and then she died......

• threadbender
        threadbender commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be much better.

• cabc
        cabc commented
        Editing a comment
        That's it, I have zero desire to watch that dumb look on Liam's face every time he's presented with a decision to make, while making light of the situation like it's no big deal. In the mean while, everybody's dangling from a string until Liam makes a decision. To much power for any one person to have on the show. That isn't entertainment but will be chaos! But even more pathetic would be listening to Brooke's whaling, and Hopes Whining. UGH! It will be to much and puke worthy....

I for one do NOT want Baby Beth to be dead. I hate Hope almost as much as I hate Brooke but I would still rather see Beth alive.

I also DO NOT want a stupid baby switch storyline where Steffy ends up with Beth. That is way too over the top and it will drag on and on and both girls' hearts will end up broken.

I am hoping there is some other scenario that wraps up SOON with Beth alive. Maybe Reese hid her and will ask for ransom or will feel guilty and bring her back or something.

Comment

I don't want Beth to be dead...but I seriously hate the baby switch story which will prop Hope while Steffy will be bashed again. No thank you.

Comment

Funny I feel the opposite, I feel like people are reaching for a baby swap because they dont want Hope to have lost her baby...

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
            NuttyAboutSoaps commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for posting this. I totally agree.

Personally, I don't want to see a baby switch because it's been done to death on other shows. There is currently one on GH with Michael/Nelle/Lucas/Brad; they also did one a few years ago with Maxie/Spinelli/Lulu/Dante/Britt. Y&R has also done two in the past decade: one with Sharon/Nick/Ashley/Victor and the other with Nick/Sage/Sharon/Dylan. It would be lazy writing for B&B to do the same thing. Further, the chances are zero that they will do it well.

However, my final reason for opposing it is one that no one has mentioned yet; it will destroy everyone it touches.Lope will probably break up over the loss, Liam will wander back to Steffy, and she, in turn, will suffer a terrible loss if she adopts supposedly dead Beth. Does anyone reading this actually WANT to see another version of this damned triangle?

They just got Steffy out of this god forsaken mess. Liam is with Hope. Let them stay together, grieve their loss, and move on in a different direction from Steffy.

Another poster actually suggested a better alternative. Let Steffy adopt a stolen baby that ISN'T Beth. Let's be surprised, for once, rather than see the twist coming from a mile away.

I know that B&B can surprise me. I didn't know that Maya was transgender or that Ally would die on the side of the road. Hopefully, they will surprise me with this one and NOT have Reese sell Beth to an unknowing Steffy.

• lovely rita
            lovely rita commented
            Editing a comment
            The baby switch is too darn pat and completely expected. Bell changed things up with Steffy giving back the sword necklace to Bill and choosing herself. He fooled Liam and Bill. And he fooled us with that. So maybe he will just make it look like Reese switched a dead baby with Beth. I don't know what's coming up in the next week, but I hope it's not what most people are expecting. I hope he surprises us.

• cabc
            cabc commented
            Editing a comment
            Hope doesn't need a baby right now, not under these circumstances, and Liam isn't worthy of having to babies at the same time because he's dumb, and Kelly deserves to be loved wholly by both parents. Liam and Hope can wait and start their own family when Kelly is a little older. The s/l was absolutely degrading to both women.

I don't want Beth to be dead and I don't want Steffy adopting her either. It would make me want to throw up seeing Steffy and taylor oohing and ahhing over Hopes baby

Comment

• ARM
            ARM commented
            Editing a comment
            Even though you know they don't know its Hope's baby. To them, its just a baby that needed a home... interesting.

• cabc
            cabc commented
            Editing a comment
            The audience knows, and that's why it would be absolute stupidity and and unoriginal to have this s/l in place. Who wants to see the downfall of one character in order to prop another!

I never wanted the baby dead, but I want a baby switch story even less so just leave the baby deceased. Let Lope take some time to grieve and then try again. Sadly, parents go through it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by B&B blonde View Post
            I don't want Beth to be dead and I don't want Steffy adopting her either. It would make me want to throw up seeing Steffy and taylor oohing and ahhing over Hopes baby
            Why would that make you want to throw up? Steffy neither Taylor, has caused what has happened to Hope's baby. If they were to unwittingly start caring for the baby as a part if their family, I am sure that she would be well taken care of. And as far as Taylor being a threat to Hope, that is a bunch of baloney in my book. Taylor would have shot Brooke YEARS ago if that were the case.

Comment

• Geeber
              Geeber commented
              Editing a comment
              That I can agree on!! LOL.

• ARM
              ARM commented
              Editing a comment
              Steffy wouldn't want to be raising Hope's child either. Steffy (and Taylor) will be thinking they adopted a baby and have no reason to think its Hope's baby. If Steffy knew, and she continued to keep it a secret and went ooohhhh and aaahhh then yes, i would be repulsed. But i guess Steffy is damned whatever she does...

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              Geeber - Quinn is more of a threat to Hope because she tried to kill both Hope's husabnd and Hope's father. Further in the past year she has had violent outbursts. Then there is Bill. But Hope has no problem with them. So the Taylor is Dangerous is just a farce.

The way the good Dr was looking, I wonder if he kept Beth? Then sold her to a rich couple to pay off his debts?

Comment

• gigigirl
              gigigirl commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it is almost certain that is what he did. I don't like this story as it is outright cruel. I lost a premie and it was very hard to bury my baby. Cannot fathom why the writers would write such a cruel and outright mean story. There are other ways he could have gotten money to pay his debt. I am so done with this soap.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X