Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the purpose of Steffy and Bill one night stand? It didn't go anywhere!

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katbert View Post
    To me, the only reason Steffy slept with Bill was to usher in Hope and make Steffy look bad so Hope wouldn't look like a homewrecker when she came between Steffy and Liam. Didn't work. Hope and Homewrecker are synonymous. But Steffy is better off without Liam hanging around her neck because he could never be faithful to just one woman. Hope can have him.
    ITA, this was exactly the intention. And since Bell has proclaimed to keep the triangle from hell going, something big has to happen to get it started up again. So here’s my theory, since Hope is portrayed as pure and good, the only way to start up the triangle again is to have Hope loose the critter, this will cause Liam extreme sadness which causes him to start spending more time with Kelly, this will make Hope jealous and Liam will start waffling again, or if Hope loose the critter, Bell will have Steffy do something else stupid so Lope can try to take Kelly from Steffy. Either way, Bell will come up with a way to start up the horrible triangle again...My wish is for Bell to put someone else into Lope’s world to make them interesting, and not use Steffy. Since there was a rewrite regarding Bill and Steffy, surely Bell can remove Steffy away from Lope.

Comment

• Blandina87
      Blandina87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fanlady I have a feeling your predictions is going to come true but I can see Steffy winning custody of Kelly making Liam angry and I bet it will be Brooke who will first talk to Hope about it or maybe Hope talks to her mother about it and Brooke will be in support of it and will persuade Liam cause more conflict in the BRIDGE marriage.

It was done to break up Steam cause the show's and Bells pet Hope Logan was coming back and had to have her destiny. so they had to make Steffy do something TOTALLY out of character just to make precious Hope and Bell's pet character besides Brooke and to make the Logan's win and have Steffy lose all.

Comment

It was done to show Steffy sees Bill as a daddy replacement hence her repulsive reaction to the ONS. She essentially slept with her daddy. Still was never hot to me. Steffy was always the fallback. She and Liam grew on me but the moment we knew Hope was coming back eh....BNB hasnt done anything shocking or soapy lately. Hope losing the baby isnt shocking. Her turning to Bill or Ridge absolutely would be.

Comment

I think it was done to remind us that Steffy isn't this perfect character who can do no wrong. She's always been impulsive and reckless this SL just reminded us of that.

Comment

It shows us that Steffy was after Bill when she first saw him. She knew he was married but didn’t care because she wanted him bad. STILL relationship was beautiful they understood each other. Situations occurred and Steffy moved on to Bill sons Liam and Wyatt.
          Last edited by Billfan; 10-11-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

IMO Bell was going to indeed give us Still but then the way he wrote the story had so much negativity that he had to scrap it. Sometimes it seems like Bell is not trying to please anyone but to me he starts a story, hears a lot of negativity about it, then scraps it and in the process makes a bigger mess. He has scrap more stories in the last few years such as the Hope diamond, Carter and Maya, Maya and Zende also had the secret, etc. Bell starts a story and it seems in the middle of certain story lines he just drops them. This is just my opinion.

Comment

My friend who says she’s an insider, and I believe her, said it was to “gain sympathy for Liam.”

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
                NuttyAboutSoaps commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, the plan failed miserably because most posters do NOT feel badly for Liam.

If anything, this storyline ruined every character it touched.

• ILoveBizzie
                ILoveBizzie commented
                Editing a comment
                She said Liam had gotten fans angry for being “kind to Sally”, her words, so Still was done to “gain sympathy” for him (her words).

Villy, yes she said it but I got the impression it’s a lot further down the road.

• rosepants10
                rosepants10 commented
                Editing a comment
                Well their plan didnt work as it made me hate Liam and Leffy even more

Originally posted by FatedCinderella View Post
              It was the only way to make Lope believable again. They spent 3 years having Liam and Steffy declare they were true love. They spent months showing Liam having amnesia but still seeing Steffys face...

There was no way for Bell to believably start up his beloved triangle again, without completely throwing Steffy under the bus.
              ITA, Bell wrote Steffy with Bill so he could open up Liam to Hope again, but made the child Liam and Steffy's to also keep Steffy in his orbit. He is keeping Liam's options open for the future now that there is the Hope character again

Comment

IMO the ONS was to show how egotistical Steffy had no regard for Liam, only her wants and needs. She wanted Bill and needed to get even with Liam for what she thought was a sin against her. Bill very simply is a demented idiot who doesn't care who he hurts, even family, to get what he wants. In this case he wanted Steffy and she was just too happy to oblige.

Comment

• Villylover
                  Villylover commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If she wanted Bill she would have went to him that night. Instead she went to her Grandfather's guest house because she wanted to be alone and Bill tracked her down there. And Liam certainly had no regard for Steffy's wants and needs when he was moving mountains and giving out millions of dollars to Sally and putting her wants and needs above his wife's then finally cheating with her and risking his life for her.

• Ballfan
                  Ballfan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't see Steffy tell Bill to leave and slam the door in his face. Instead she rolled around in bed with him all night. No matter what Liam ever did to Steffy, it doesn't come close to be as despicable as boinking her FIL.

To restart Lope. How else can Liam walk away from his marriage without looking bad? Steffy committing adultery allows him to do exactly that while maintaining the audience's empathy for him. Unfortunately, instead of Liam making a clean break, the writers chose to make it a long drawn out saga that simply did not work. Yes, Lope are together but it wasn't some grand romance that brought them together. It was because Liam's then wife cheated on him which was the catalyst for the rest. I feel cheated for Lope.

Comment

It was about making Hope/Lope an option plain and simple. Still fans sadly fell for the tease but it was always about tarnishing Steffy enough in Liam's eyes that Hope could become a viable option again. They'd built up Steam as THE couple of the show and in the few years before that Liam was all about Steffy and they'd turned her into his undisputed soulmate after the amnesia story. He never even gave Hope a thought for years. The only way to even have him give Hope a second glance was to have Steffy do literally the worst thing she could ever do to him. It's no coincidence that within the same week #1: Steam broke up and #2: Hope returned to LA. It was always about that and nothing more. Sadly for the show though instead of just ending Steam where maybe Lope would have been rootable because of what Steffy did they took months of Liam waffling. And in that time Steam became more rootable instead as they actually became even more popular despite what Steffy had done and always beat out Lope at the worst with a 60/40 margin. I guess seeing hamburger (Lope) next to filet mignon (Steam) made more fans want Steam which was the opposite effect they were going for I'm guessing.
                  Last edited by Villylover; 10-11-2018, 07:44 PM.

Comment

It was done to throw Steffy under the bus to prop up Hope and Liam.

Comment

IMHO it had no purpose bar it's salaciousness and to derail things for other storylines to advance. It's added nothing, well apart from Steffy being able to climb out if the mire and unchain herself from the anchor that is Liam. I'm quite surprised how much, mostly, I'm enjoying her scenes. She's happy, playful, assertive and being the sassy business woman we heard about but never saw before.

Comment

It was done to throw Bill under the bus to prop Liam. And to crap on STILL fans

Comment

• Billfan
                          Billfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Rosepants I agree. Invested time on confused waffling boy Liam smh

I think at first it was to reunite Bill and Steffy for their fans, but when a lot of viewers were opposed to her sleeping with her FIL I think Mr. Bell dropped it and put Liam with Hope. Eventually I'm sure Liam will take Steffy back but I will dislike that from now on because I won't forgive her for sleeping with Bill. In my opinion that was disgusting and the epitome of having no respect for her husband and their marriage. There is nothing this woman can do that will convince me she loves Liam.

Comment

• RAS1990
                          RAS1990 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Strange how we see things differently. I don't think Liam is good enough for Steffy. Plus it would take Steffy to forge Liam and take him back. Nothing Liam could do would want me to see Steam again.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X