Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite storylines?

I have a few:

1) The Carnation Killer- I was ready to quit watching SB because it seemed to be floundering, but when Peter killed Barbara the waitress, hallucinating she was Kelly, I became hooked again. Finally, a storyline that seemed to unite the entire cast into one story. Everyone was impacted by his murder spree, as he went on to kill Veronica Gayley and Summer Blake, two of my favorites. When he kidnapped Kelly and chased her through the desert, in some of the best location scenes I'd ever seen on a soap, I was on the edge of my seat! Kelly outsmarted him and lured him into an abandoned car and set it on fire while he was in it- this was when soaps had money! The story climaxed with Peter killing Joe by shooting him and throwing him out a window, and then Peter was shot and killed by Cruz as Peter was strangling Kelly. Incredible ending to a great story.

2) Gina framing Eden for unplugging C.C.'s life support. This storyline was months in the planning and execution, and again involved most of the cast. It led to Eden marrying Kirk Cranston, and Cruz marrying Santana, C.C. waking up from his coma and kicking Mason and Gina out of the mansion, and so much more. Again, the storyline climaxed with a great location shoot at a water park, where Kirk threw Eden into a vat full of sharks! After nearly a full year, the truth finally came out about how Gina framed Eden- a storyline would never last that long on a soap anymore.

3) Christy Duvall was raped by her stepbrother Steve, but out of fear, she accused Ted Capwell instead. This was a great storyline that kept me glued to the tv everyday during the summer. It also introduced Harley Kozak as Mary Duvall. Tricia Cast was a revelation as Christy, but for some reason, after the truth came out, her character was dropped, and the actress went on to the Young and the Restless.

4) Not so much a storyline, I guess, but Mary's death when the 'C' sign fell on her when she was arguing with Mark and Julia on the roof of the Capwell Hotel was shocking and one of the saddest deaths I'd ever seen on tv. Didn't see that happening at all, and the writers even admitted later that was probably the biggest mistake they'd made.

5) The finale of the 'who shot Channing Capwell' mystery. Yes, it went on way too long, and several of the key people involved were dead by the time it was solved (Joe and Peter), but the weeks leading up to the reveal were fabulous and exciting, with the discovery of the secret tunnel which led from the Capwells to the Lockridges, the explosion in the tunnel which endangered Cruz, Santana, Augusta, Ted, Gina, and Hank, the secret about Channing being gay, and finally, that Sofia was the one who had killed Channing- I mean, no one could have seen that coming, and Judith McConnell gave a tour-de-force performance in those scenes.

What are your favorite storylines?
    Last edited by knotsfan; February 23rd, 2019, 10:38 PM.

Mine, Eden's rape storyline. Ariana's kidnapping and the reunion in Paris with Cruz and Eden. The Donnelly family specifically Arthur. Anything with Keith and Gina. Warren and Augusta. All the mixed signals between CC and Sophia. Julia and Mason. My couple was Cruz and Eden. Anything with them was magical and beautiful. I loved that they loved each other unconditionally. The way they wrote Eden off was stupid. Cruz would never have started a relationship with Kelly and I hated Eileen Davidson in the role. I loved Carrington Garland and Ric Castillo played by Peter Love. Oh and any time "My Favourite Year" by Michael Feinstein played, I just swooned. I've bought his cassette tape because of CC and Sophia. I downloaded it off of iTunes and have it on my phone and remember the show every single time I listen. And who could forget Kirk Cranston. I know I can't.
    Last edited by JonSnow; February 24th, 2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, that storyline was incredibly well crafted. Marcy Walker deservedly won the Emmy for that story. It was very intense and probably the most realistic examination of rape seen on daytime.

Comment

• JonSnow
        JonSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        I think what I loved the most about that storyline was how it flew in the face of the whole "Luke and Laura" thing. That "program" Eden took part in where she appeared with the actor and actress on the show playing a rape victim who fell in love with her rapist was well played. Those characters were Link and Laurie, clearly a shot across General Hospital's bow in terms of turning Luke into a hero. And yes, Marcy did indeed deserve that award. She was also a few months pregnant at the time she filmed that rape scene. They did have a stunt performer for her who did all the physical stuff, but that emotional stuff was just gut wrenching to watch.

1.Eden's split personalty story it was very good. IMO.
      2.The Portrait Of Betrayal story.
      3..The Joe Perkins and Kelly Capwell story I thought they were going to be the IT couple.
      4. The Andi Klein story when the show ended.

The Kirk Cranston story was good at first but then he got too cartoonish IMO.
      Last edited by Skins 2008; February 25th, 2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Skins 2008
        Skins 2008 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess Eden's split personalty story I was one of the few that liked it because it was so well acted by everyone and I didn't expect that would happen to Eden despite everything she had gone through,

• JonSnow
        JonSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        knotsfan I agree. When Rauch knew the show was ending he could have gotten both A Martinez and Marcy Walker back for just a cameo. Just to let us see he was know they were together with Ariana and Chip. It was a huge eff you to the fans of the couple who earned for their reunion no matter how small. I also hated in that last episode the shot of Rauch putting the cigarette out on the studio floor. Ya, real classy.

• JonSnow
        JonSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Skins 2008 Yes it was well acted, but out of character for the stable Eden. Eden was always the one you could count on to be the most sane one in the room. I detested that whole storyline because it did two things: 1) made Eden out to be just like all the other women on these shows that have mental breakdowns instead of being the strong women they should be, and 2) forced them to have to make due with Cruz and put him with Kelly played by a miscast Eileen Davidson. That scene where she's running after him as he boards that plane was ridiculous. That was not and never would it have been in Kelly's nature to do that. While I adore Eileen Davidson I hated her as Kelly. I would have preferred them have kept Carrington Garland, but Paul Rauch botched it all.

I will never forget that image of Paul Rauch snuffing out his cigarette on the last episode. That one thing wiped out a lot of good will people may have felt for him, based on his incredible stints on Another World and One Life to Live. So disrespectful to the fans, the actors, and all the people who worked so hard to keep Santa Barbara on the air.

But I'm happy to see a few threads here about SB now. The fact is, when SB was good, it was phenomenal and unlike anything seen before or since. The sets, the caliber of big name actors, the fashions, the incredible music, the location shoots *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by knotsfan View Post
        I have a few:
        2) Gina framing Eden for unplugging C.C.'s life support. This storyline was months in the planning and execution, and again involved most of the cast. It led to Eden marrying Kirk Cranston, and Cruz marrying Santana, C.C. waking up from his coma and kicking Mason and Gina out of the mansion, and so much more.
        If Gina hadn't framed Eden, Eden wouldn't have slept with Kirk and gotten pregnant by him.

Comment

Originally posted by array View Post

If Gina hadn't framed Eden, Eden wouldn't have slept with Kirk and gotten pregnant by him.

Very true. If I recall, it took a while for Eden to actually sleep with Kirk, even after she married him. Then he planned that confrontation between Eden and Gina in the bathhouse, which caused her to miscarry his child- again, I'm going by memory, but I think they didn't even know she was pregnant until she miscarried.

Comment

One of my favorites was when CC's unknown daughter with Pamela came to town to wreak havoc and revenge against the Capwell's. She left Eden for dead in the mountains, where Cruz and Eden were supposed to be married. Cain Rescued Eden, but everyone in town thought she was dead. And then Pamela and CC's daughter, under the alias of Eleanor Norris, tried to get Cruz interested in her all the while continuing to wreak havoc. Mason and Jeffrey were kidnapped, I think Pearl was killed, and eventually Eleanor/Elena killed herself and framed Cruz for her murder. It was just very intense story telling, in my opinion, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. The actress who played Eleanor, Sherilyn Wolter, did an excellent job. She made the character scary as heck.

I also loved anything with Gina involved, especially Gina and the first Keith. Gina and Bunny and amnesiac cowboy Mason were a hoot. Gina riding the motorcycles to her wedding with CC. Julia and Mason had a lot of good story lines. Haley, Ted and Brick. So many memories!

Comment

Originally posted by Belindaa View Post
              One of my favorites was when CC's unknown daughter with Pamela came to town to wreak havoc and revenge against the Capwell's. She left Eden for dead in the mountains, where Cruz and Eden were supposed to be married. Cain Rescued Eden, but everyone in town thought she was dead. And then Pamela and CC's daughter, under the alias of Eleanor Norris, tried to get Cruz interested in her all the while continuing to wreak havoc. Mason and Jeffrey were kidnapped, I think Pearl was killed, and eventually Eleanor/Elena killed herself and framed Cruz for her murder. It was just very intense story telling, in my opinion, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. The actress who played Eleanor, Sherilyn Wolter, did an excellent job. She made the character scary as heck.

I also loved anything with Gina involved, especially Gina and the first Keith. Gina and Bunny and amnesiac cowboy Mason were a hoot. Gina riding the motorcycles to her wedding with CC. Julia and Mason had a lot of good story lines. Haley, Ted and Brick. So many memories!
              Yes Justin Deas was great as Keith.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X