Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just started watching the show from the beginning (June 1997)...

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatrickJLillis
    Day Player
    • Dec 2013

Just started watching the show from the beginning (June 1997)...

I need to know if the storylines are going to get better? I have watched the first twenty episodes and find some of the acting inadequate and I haven't been loving the writing - does it get better? Specifically: there hasn't been much suspense, other than the short time that Serena was missing... I like Mitch Longley, wish he had more to do. Michael Dietz is good but I know he gets replaced. I wish I was enjoying it more! Does it get better?
  • SharikaC
    Senior Board Member
    • Oct 2015

The upcoming General Homicide storyline based on Kevin Collins' book was a good storyline. After that, no. I pretty much lost interest in the show after that and quit watching long before the show was officially cancelled.

Comment

• HarveyDent
      Recurring Poster
      • Nov 2008

The General Homicide storyline and the original vampire storyline were good.

Comment

• CassadineSon
        Soap Addict
        • Apr 2009

I enjoyed the whole show. Sure it got Dark Shadowy once the vampire story kicked it. But like any new show, it takes time to get stories and characters going.

Comment

• GH_Fan_
          Day Player
          • Feb 2019

Where/how are you watching it? Is it available to stream anywhere?

Comment

• PatrickJLillis
            Day Player
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by GH_Fan_ View Post
            The first 3 years of the show are on YouTube (: The later episodes are on there too but not in the sequential order I prefer.

Comment

• irmhsva
              irmhsva commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here but on Youtube if you look up MR.PC2000's that page has full HD episodes that originally aired in order. I'm not sure if thats the page you are watching it from. Just a heads up. Also, if you look up Honeyphan, she has all the arcs uploaded as well.

I personally didn't start watching the show until Tainted Love which was the first vampire arc. I loved the show and the dark storylines lol.
          • JRCarter
            Senior Board Member
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by CassadineSon View Post
            I enjoyed the whole show. Sure it got Dark Shadowy once the vampire story kicked it. But like any new show, it takes time to get stories and characters going.
            One thing about Port Charles I never could stomach: all the damn vampires.

Comment

• Nikki7447xoxo
              Contract Poster
              • Sep 2019

Originally posted by HarveyDent View Post
              The General Homicide storyline and the original vampire storyline were good.
              Oh I loved it!
              Even if it was a little too dark to watch for a few I know, but I loved it all.”

Comment

• Catdaddy7884
                Lurking in the Shadows
                • Oct 2019

Originally posted by jrcarter View Post

one thing about port charles i never could stomach: All the damn vampires.
                lol! Love that movie!

Comment

• Jrjames84
                  Day Player
                  • Sep 2019

That's cool you're watch PC. You look at at Sam on GH entirely different possibly and WISH she came to GH as Livvie.

Comment

• SheilaFan32
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Oct 2017

I only watch port Charles because of Kimberlin Brown.

Comment

• GameOfSoaps
                      Newcomer
                      • Aug 2019

Hello there! I know this was months ago but I wanted to chime in here....Port Charles was way ahead of its time but only once it adopted the real novels style of writing...With the “Grey’s Anatomy” interns it tried to be sexy and fun but your heart and eyes really just stay with Scott Baldwin and Serena and Lucy...Once you get into the 13 week story arcs the show is just amazing and the cast and crew work so hard to save it for the next 2yrs....I was so lucky to meet the cast and I will ay they were ALL top notch souls who were devastated to be canceled especially after a highly successful hour they aired(was only a 30 min format) that 1 hour show landed them in a tie Emmy with ATWT in 2003...With the efforts of an ensemble cast and courageous crew, people like Michael Easton, Kelly Monaco, Brian Gaskill, Erin Hershey Presley, Brian Presley, Lynn Herring, John Lindstrom and Even Anne Jeffries after a long successful career would find life after PC but their show would be the Twilight before Twilight and the heart of Daytime in their Emmy win!

Comment

• namers
                        namers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I loved it!
                    • Jrjames84
                      Day Player
                      • Sep 2019

Originally posted by GH_Fan_ View Post
                      Did u find it? I'm quite curious too. I love Livvie. Hate Sam. But love Livvie.

Comment

• youngandfan
                        Senior Board Member
                        • Sep 2011

The Time in a Bottle SL from the novella period was my favorite. I believe that Caleb either shows up at the end or in the next arc. This was the first arc that started to feature paranormal elements.

Comment

• sonyab1974
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Jan 2007

I watched it and loved it, but then during the vampire arc (which I loved. I'm a vampire fan) when Olivia kept wanting Caleb to bite her and he wouldn't, I couldn't take it anymore and stopped watching. She was begging him to bite her!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X