• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KK1991
    Newcomer
    • Sep 2014

Gwen Vs Theresa do

Hey I have loves passions for a long time now and I love watching what I can of it on youtube for a long time I know Theresa and Gwen were the biggest rivals and for a long time I thought I was team Theresa and I thought Gwen was a total bully and all wrong and thought Theresa did nothing at all to deserve anything done to her but recently the more I rewatch the show especially the real early days I'am starting to be more on Gwen's side Theresa did not like Gwen from the get go before she even met Gwen Gwen was at least nice to Theresa at the beginning and in the beginning Gwen was insecure and a little snobby but she was not horrible cruel person I think she loved Ethan and it really hurt her to even think she could lose him seeing now I do think Theresa was way to 0bsessed with Ethan I dont know both made good points at times what do think who was in the wrong Theresa or Gwen even though Ethan was the true villain in this triangle
  • Nancy T
    Board Regular
    • Apr 2017

I think Ethan was a real villain in this triangle he would always tell Gwen she was the one he wanted & then he would tell Theresa she want the one he loved & that he was only with Gwen out of duty. I'll always believe that Ethan loved having them both fight over him.

Comment

• Ohnoyoudidnot
      Lurking in the Shadows
      • Jul 2018

I was team Gwen from the beginning of the show. And I'll always maintain that Gwen was hated for being the rich girl that had the audacity to have something that the poor girl wanted. Fans were not half as tough on Kay Bennett and Beth Wallace. I could see past Gwen's wealth enough to put myself in her shoes.

Comment

• Nancy T
        Nancy T commented
        Editing a comment
        I would hardly call Theresa the underdog or anything she had everything she had a family that loved her & friends who were always there for her. She was the richest woman in Harmony.
    • H_Harriet
      Board Regular
      • Aug 2021

I never liked Theresa, always thought she was selfish, manipulative, conniving and entitled. I preferred Gwen although I think she was sometimes a huge fool with how she sometimes allowed herself to be Ethan's doormat.

Comment

• Rie
        Board Regular
        • Apr 2011

I too never liked the character of Theresa. I was a Gwen fan from the beginning and was so annoyed that they never moved her on to a new love. Ethan I hated with a passion

Comment

• prettypleasin
          Board Regular
          • Sep 2014

I was always on Team Theresa. I loved Ethan and Theresa.

Comment

• CaraCare
            Newcomer
            • Sep 2023

I wish Ethan had been written as more of a villian. I read a great fanfic called "ColdHearted Man". In that story, Ethan is the crazy one, not Gwen. Theresa is pregnant with Fox's baby. Ethan becomes way more jealous than he was on the show when Theresa moved on, and he even takes pride in killing Theresa's unborn baby. He tries to kill Fox too. Also, in that story, Gwen's baby Sarah didn't die. Instead, Ethan kidnaps her so he and Theresa can raise her. Then he even rapes Theresa. Then in the end, Theresa kills him in self defense.

I think ALL of that would have been better than what we got. Gwen got rehabilitated, but only in the very end as she was sent to prison.

Comment

• Bronson
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by H_Harriet View Post
              I never liked Theresa, always thought she was selfish, manipulative, conniving and entitled. I preferred Gwen although I think she was sometimes a huge fool with how she sometimes allowed herself to be Ethan's doormat.
              Yes that bothered me as well. I so wanted Gwen to finally walk away from Ethan. She did once but came back.

Comment

• CaraCare
                Newcomer
                • Sep 2023

The Gwen/Ethan/Theresa triangle was so redundant. From day one, Gwen was defined by Ethan. They had such a hard time defining her outside of that. I think that's why they made her go crazy. That, and they were pushing Theresa/Ethan the whole time.
                I would have liked to see Gwen with Hank 1.0, Fox 1.0, or Jared. Imagine Ethan and Theresa's reactions.

Comment

• Ohnoyoudidnot
                  Lurking in the Shadows
                  • Jul 2018

Originally posted by CaraCare View Post
                  The Gwen/Ethan/Theresa triangle was so redundant. From day one, Gwen was defined by Ethan. They had such a hard time defining her outside of that. I think that's why they made her go crazy. That, and they were pushing Theresa/Ethan the whole time.
                  I would have liked to see Gwen with Hank 1.0, Fox 1.0, or Jared. Imagine Ethan and Theresa's reactions.
                  Yes, Gwen was defined by Ethan because her mother had basically prepped her since she was a kid to be Ethan's wife. It wasn't as simple as "Gwen lost her fiance to Theresa, and needs to get over it", as fans of the show, and even the characters saw it. For all of the "epic love stories" on the shows, there wasn't one character who could relate to Gwen.

Comment

• Ohnoyoudidnot
                    Lurking in the Shadows
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by CaraCare View Post
                    I wish Ethan had been written as more of a villian. I read a great fanfic called "ColdHearted Man". In that story, Ethan is the crazy one, not Gwen. Theresa is pregnant with Fox's baby. Ethan becomes way more jealous than he was on the show when Theresa moved on, and he even takes pride in killing Theresa's unborn baby. He tries to kill Fox too. Also, in that story, Gwen's baby Sarah didn't die. Instead, Ethan kidnaps her so he and Theresa can raise her. Then he even rapes Theresa. Then in the end, Theresa kills him in self defense.

I think ALL of that would have been better than what we got. Gwen got rehabilitated, but only in the very end as she was sent to prison.
                    After seeing your post, I went and looked up that particular fanfiction. Wow! I wish the writer would have completed it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X