Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a new supernatural soap

It was escapism, the supernatural element added to that and I liked Passions was set in a town rather than a city.
    Last edited by TonyStark10; October 7, 2020, 03:16 PM.

There were cute and funny elements to the plots at times.

Comment

I would love one set in Salem Massachusetts. If they have to do a fictional town it could be in the same general area.

Comment

There is a new Dark Shadows iteration in the works....it will be on at night, but.....it did start as a daytime drama......

I think prime-time serialized dramas are about as close as we're going to get to new soaps in this day and age.....

Comment

I was a baby in the 60's, but liked the revamped 90's version on DS ,although the series

​​​​​​was cancelled.

Comment

I enjoyed the supernatural aspect of Port Charles and Passions and would love for another supernatural show.

Comment

Days retains many of it's sci-fi elements. I love it, mostly for the laughs though.

Comment

Dark Shadows was interesting but spooky. Port Charles I hated with the vampires running about. Passions was perfect for me. A great actress playing a witch casting spells, working with a living doll, and the rest of the town blissfully unaware. It was hilarious.

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I actually developed an idea for a supernatural soap a few years back. Sort of a hodgepodge of The Addams Family meets Dark Shadows, meets Passions, meets Days of our Lives, meets General Hospital, meets Halloweentown. It focused on the wealthy Golden family headed by the tyrannical patriarch Philip (Essentially my version of Alistair Crane) and his children Michael, Katherine, Felicia and Miranda. Philip has a long-standing feud with the rival Caldwells, who own a major media empire. When his youngest daughter Miranda becomes pregnant by the Caldwell grandson Landon, Philip fakes the infant's death, which leads Miranda to suffer a mental breakdown, with Philip having her committed to a mental institution. Eventually Philip's plot is foiled and the child is returned to Miranda, with Philip disowning her and the child. Another storyline I crafted involved Philip recruiting the cult-leader Charlie to gaslight his enemies, but the plot goes wrong when Charlie murders Philip's daughter Felicia, leaving Philip wracked with guilt.

Finally, there is the Bramwell family, a not-so-veiled reference to the Addams Family. The Bramwells are distant relatives of Philip, who run a half-way house for monsters and the like (which is where most of the comic relief would come from) Philip derisively refers to them as freaks and is ashamed to be related to them. The Bramwells are headed by patriarch John Astin Bramwell (a character very similar to Gomez Addams) The Bramwells are descended from warlocks, and share a connection with Merlin. They are also descended from the evil Calabar Bramwell, an ancient, evil warlock who once ruled the Earth, until his brother Merlin banished him to another dimension. Calabar would essentially serve the role of the Stefano-type character, who always returns after seemingly being vanquished in a new form played by a different actor each time, and only rarely showing his true form. In a memorable plot, Calabar curses the unborn child of Phoebe Bramwell (John Astin's daughter) fathered by Philip's son Michael. Jason as the child comes to be named, ages rapidly and becomes a creature of the night, a vampire. For they're safety, Jason banishes himself from the Bramwells and takes up residence on a secluded island, but would still play a role in future storylines. Think Jason Morgan/Jason Bourne meets Count Dracula meets Barnabas Collins.

Thoughts on my ideas?
                  Last edited by Blakebs; December 6, 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Blakebs I like all of your ideas. We might need two or three supernatural daytime serials to for all the plot twists to work.

Comment

I wouldn't so much mind it, but if the planned Dark Shadows continuation didn't get picked up for prime time....I doubt anything like it will make it to daytime.

I think when the daytime soaps have tried to do really 'out there' stories, they've not gone over all THAT well...Guiding Light did cloning and time travel.....GH had a vampire....Days did demonic possession....Passions had many supernatural elements.......

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing some content on the existing soaps, but it wouldn't really fit on all of them.....like a horde of Zombies converging on B&B.....or General Hospital being set upon by Aliens....UNLESS Emma Samms returned as Holly Sutton and it was a tongue in cheek homage to her Fallon Carrington character being taken up in a spaceship on The Colbys....but there are stories they could tell.....Days Marlena could receive a gift of an artifact from Eqypt that is supposedly cursed, and start acting strange - though come to find out the crumbling material it was made from contains an 'element' that, if ingested, can manifest in strange ways in people.....and her handling the artifact was the way she was impacted by it....Y&R could have Faith Newman walking on the property and fall into an old cave where she finds a 'mysterious box' with an old 'voodoo doll' and letters - from 200 years ago, before the present day property was developed.....old foundations on the property covered over, etc. - there are ways to tell 'darker' stories without completely going off the deep end into the abyss....because I doubt most long-term viewers would accept it....

Comment

Well, there was ONE called Vampire Diaries & then there was it's spin-off(the Originals) but I guess both are gone, now!

And, didn't the CW have another one a couple of years ago with one of 2 of the characters from the original VD's inserted into the show.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X