• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brigros
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2007

how Would RH's todd handled cole and starr and her pregnancy

would he had been as strict and scary? i know he probably wouldnt've liked cole but i can't see him being like victor was, throwing her down stairs etc. . i think RH would've refusded the rapemance with marrty. didnt he refuse before? wasn't RH's todd pretty lenient with starr
    Last edited by brigros; October 19, 2023, 05:14 AM.
  • momof3_angels
    Soap Addict
    • Feb 2008

Todd doted on Starr. He let her get away with all sorts of stuff. He was proud of her antics. He may have been initially intimidating to boyfriends - but he loved Starr and always wanted her to have whatever she wanted.

Comment

• brigros
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by momof3_angels View Post
      Todd doted on Starr. He let her get away with all sorts of stuff. He was proud of her antics. He may have been initially intimidating to boyfriends - but he loved Starr and always wanted her to have whatever she wanted.
      even after the roid rage and finding out about him being martys son and the pregnancy?

Comment

• momof3_angels
        momof3_angels commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't remember ALL of Todd's story or all of Cole/Starr's story - but I am not sure RH's Todd would have been upset about Cole being Marty's son (he even saved Marty a few times), he wouldn't have been thrilled about the pregnancy - but he would have probably been upset then supported Starr.

Roid rage? Well - that may be another story. I don't remember it enough to comment on that.
    • LoveStories
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2008

The writers would have written differently for RH/Todd than they did for TSJ/Todd? If so, why would they do that? I’ve never heard of that.

Comment

• brigros
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LoveStories View Post
        The writers would have written differently for RH/Todd than they did for TSJ/Todd? If so, why would they do that? I’ve never heard of that.
        the actor has refused strylines before....thats why he quit
        Last edited by brigros; October 26, 2023, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Canuckster84
          Board Regular
          • Aug 2021

Originally posted by brigros View Post

the actor has refused strylines before....thats why he quit
          RH quit the first time because a fan asked him to rape her at a fan event, this was when he left in 1997. He quit the 2nd time, because he didn't feel a rapist should get a partner, this was in 2000 I believe....

Comment

• JaySherman
            JaySherman commented
            Editing a comment
            If I recall correctly, Roger first left in 1995 near the end of the year. He was believed dead while trying to help Marty in Ireland and was killed by the Men of 21 who thought he was Patrick Thornhart..

Blair learned she was pregnant after believing him to be dead.

He returned the next year after Starr was born and met her for the first time in Viki's attic
        • LaBoulaie
          Lurking in the Shadows
          • Sep 2023

Actually, RH left the show in 1995 when it became clear the plan was to pair Todd with Marty (something then-writer Michael Malone was wanting to do). He was granted to be let out of his contract early. Writing shifted to have Todd reunite with Blair before being presumed dead. RH would return the following summer. He is rumored to have severely butted heads with head-writer Pam Long in 1998 (of which she openly stated RH would resist any attempt to romanticize Todd with then-love interest Tea Delgado). KDP also stated around the same time that she and RH went to the higher-ups about the missed opportunities with TnB of which they were not listened to. RH left later that year. He returned in 2000 and stayed until 2003. RH himself has confirmed that he left when he was informed of an upcoming story that was planned that he would object to. It is rumored this is the "he said/she said" rape story of Todd and Blair which was planned by returning writers Malone and Griffth (who are the same writers whose stories RH objected to in 1995) and would subsequently be tried with TSJ's "Todd" the following year.

Comment

• Forgiveness_Man
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Nov 2006

He would’ve done the same thing because the writers at the time viewed TSJ’s character as Todd. Either RH would’ve played out the same storyline beats or he would’ve left again and we’d have been right back to where we started. Given the clunky explanations for the face switch story, I’m still not convinced RH wasn’t still playing Victor in the end serving as a plant by his mother. But even waiving that aside, the switch story was a rewrite. If TSJ never came and RH states in the role, most of the stories would have remained more or less the same.

Comment

• Mama_2009
              Mama_2009 commented
              Editing a comment
              I couldn’t agree more. Nothing would have changed.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X