Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea: "The Commonwealth" (Pine Valley + Llanview)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: "The Commonwealth" (Pine Valley + Llanview)

I understand that ABC went on a cancellation frenzy because they thought they could cut the Daytime Budget yet still keep the same amount of viewers with talk show formats.

Of course, OLTL was scoring higher ratings and they that its talk show replacement was a failure going in, but stubbornly stuck to their guns rather than backing off on canceling OLTL out of fear of angering AMC fans (who were upset when their show was canceled - or that was the excuse they gave).

However, both Pine Valley and Llanview were set in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The smarter thing to do was write a story where Llanview had grown so much that it was annexing the township of Pine Valley and phase in Pine Valley characters, eventually changing the name of OLTL to The Commonwealth. The View talk show could have relocated to Los Angeles. The set of The View (which used to be The City's soundstage) could have been redesigned to incorporate Llanview and the AMC soundstage could have been left alone.

ABC would have had the distinction of having an East Coast Soap and a West Coast Soap. Many jobs could have been saved.

Having Llanview incorporate Pine Valley characters would have stopped the hemorrhaging that OLTL took from allowing Todd Manning to eat the show. The focus could have moved on to Danielle Rayburn, Starr Manning, Frank and Leslie could have been brought back. Kevin Buchanan could have returned. The focus could have moved onto Natalie and Jessica's relationship, especially if the story progressed to the assumption that Cody had not only fathered Ryder, but Natalie's son Liam as well.

I still think such a venue could work, now that both divas, Michael Easton and Roger Howarth, are firmly signed onto GH as different character. Enough time has passed where even Todd Manning and John McBain could be brought back by new actors if meticulous care was taken in recasting them.

Originally posted by MemMem View Post

However, both Pine Valley and Llanview were set in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The smarter thing to do was write a story where Llanview had grown so much that it was annexing the township of Pine Valley and phase in Pine Valley characters, eventually changing the name of OLTL to The Commonwealth.
    I like your idea but I would have focused on Matthew and the Buchannons. Sorry just not a fan of the Mannings Except for Todd, Blair and Sam. Star was ok before Cole.
    Last edited by Moore ideas; June 1, 2021, 12:12 PM. Reason: Please do not quote entire lengthy posts

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

I like your idea but I would have focused on Matthew and the Buchannons. Sorry just not a fan of the Mannings Except for Todd, Blair and Sam. Star was ok before Cole.
      Thanks, but as much as I started out as a die-hard Todd and Blair fan, the antics of BOTH the actors who played either version of Todd made me realize that the best thing to have Psycho Mom kill off Todd for good, with prejudice. I also would have Starr and Cole die in Port Charles with Michael only being able to save baby Hope at the last minute. Then I'd focus on Blair and Tea with Blair raising Jack and Hope, and Tea raising Sam and her unborn daughter. Blair would have adopted Danielle's first "cousin, Laura. She would be the daughter of Elijah Clarke and his second late wife, Olivia Thompson. Laura ended up in foster care after her mother's death until they found Blair (Elijah's latest wife) and she accepted guardianship.

I'd bring Kevin Buchanan back with Zane (who would turn out to be his son, not Duke's) and I think JR Channing would be the perfect character to fill the "Todd Paradigm." Then I'd shift the focus on Jessica and Natalie, fix the awful paternity screw-up with Ryder. Still have everyone assume that Brody fathered Natalie's son, Liam, but establish him as the father of Jessica's son, Ryder. Keep John Mc(Bane of my Existence) in Port Chuck.

But yeah, Todd AND NuTodd- his comings and goings and comings and goings and special "love scenes" clauses that inhibited storyline - ate the show. I don't want to see RH OR TSJ (who I would have preferred to remain Walker Lawrence and was ruined for me as Nu-Todd) on OLTL again.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X