Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Possible "Llanview" show if pine valley is successful?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YRfan2008
    Newcomer
    • Oct 2020

Possible "Llanview" show if pine valley is successful?

Any thoughts? Im happy for amc fans but i miss this show
  • rexjdk@msn.com
    Contract Poster
    • Mar 2008

I hope so. I miss OLTL as well.

Comment

• PANTISHA1
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2004

Would it work if they took the OLTL stories and recast them with age appropriate actors? Or would you like a new updated version with younger generations allowing the older vets to show up?

Comment

• JaySherman
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

I think the AMC reboot is in the early stages and ABC would still have to review and decide if they want to go ahead with the final product. ABC has already experimented with mingling characters from different shows so if they proceeded they might throw in an Llanview reference here and there to gauge interest.

OLTL has multiple characters that are related to the characters we remember. If ABC were ever to proceed with such a show there are many they can focus on.

Some of them such as Sammi Garretson (Rafe and Delilah's daughter), Frank and Leslie Holden (Max and Luna) or CJ Roberts (Cord and Tina's son) are blank slates with some history that could be drawn off of. They were actual characters that were on the show for a bit whereas the children of Natalie and Jessica weren't really shown ever (Liam appeared in the Prospect Park reboot)

If the story and production were right, I have a suspicion some of the older actors would probably be willing to appear. Others may want to leave their time in Llanview behind.

Comment

• PANTISHA1
          Soap Addict
          • Dec 2004

In real time Sammi would be about 30-35. The twins 25. CJ 33ish. All good blank slate options.
          I feel old

Comment

• JLH
            Board Regular
            • Nov 2005

Sammi being 30-35 and CJ being 33ish makes me feel very old...! Everyone say a little Christmas (or "Holiday") prayer for a Llanview series. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

• taramartin
              Soap Addict
              • Oct 2013

I was a loyal follower of all 3 ABC soaps. Some of the OLTL and recently AMC cast have made it to GH. Perhaps some OLTL people will come to Pine Valley.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
                Executive Poster
                • Feb 2013

Sounds like they just want people to watch the AMC Pine Valley......doesn't mean Llanview will EVER be seen......jmo
                Last edited by JNLrafamily; December 24, 2020, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Humira
                  Board Regular
                  • Sep 2020

Sure, why not? Learn lessons from Pine Valley and make it better. But without backers like the Pine Valley project, this is just a fantasy. OLTL always seemed like the neglected ABC soap when it was alive. At least PC/Loving/The City were a different kind of production with some connection to a bigger one in a way.

Comment

• Hilee1818
                    Board Regular
                    • Jul 2016

Originally posted by PANTISHA1 View Post
                    Would it work if they took the OLTL stories and recast them with age appropriate actors? Or would you like a new updated version with younger generations allowing the older vets to show up?
                    I like that idea or even retelling the older stories some we even saw off screen in an updated setting. What if we are questioning if Victor Lord is a decent guy?

Comment

• JCmojoe81
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Feb 2006

i would watch any iteration of either show, I still miss them both very much. I can absolutely see a Lanview spinoff if Pine Valley actually does make it to air and then does well. Fingers Crossed!
                      JC
                      SOC Moderator
                      soapcentral.com
                      Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

• lcarus
                        Senior Board Member
                        • Sep 2010

As much as I'd love a OLTL reboot, I know most of the actors are done with it or are doing other things. I mean if they can't get Erika Slezak or Roger Howarth I wouldn't be that interested in it. I'll always root for Llanview to continue in some form, I just personally wouldn't really watch it.

Comment

• Humira
                          Humira commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it could work with the kids grown up and have the characters we love have guest appearances. They might do the video call in like some soaps are doing now, and would accommodate those that don't want to fly to LA from wherever they live now.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X