Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If OLTL were still on or returned to ABC daytime?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the AMC relaunch is successful, it would only help the chances of seeing OLTL return. SO, if it makes it to air, WATCH IT!!

Comment

Would really like a OLTL relaunch focus on Viki as the matriarch over her kids and grandkids. Without Viki, I doubt I’d be interested.

Comment

Due to it being on ABC primetime i doubt it will get a fair chance. It would probably be better on like the CW depending on the age group they are targeting. Didnt the CW have a few soap opera reboots that were successful

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
          Yes if AMC is returning, they should consider OLTL also! If anything they could merge AMC and OLTL together.
          That idea makes the most sense. Both Llanview and Pine Valley were supposed to be located in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. They could merge the shows and retitle the hybrid as Commonwealth. I never understood why they had the AMC actors were required to relocate to California instead of The View (which used to be the studio for ABC's defunct show, The City.
          They knew, for years, that they had to cut costs. If they had done a lot of crossover storylines between AMC and OLTL, the transition to one sixty minute hybrid show, Commonwealth, would have been seamless and saved a lot of jobs.

They knew The Revolution wouldn't make it past a few weeks and they could have extended OLTL and start assimilating AMC characters, but they could not be bothered. Idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by JNLrafamily View Post
            AMC & OLTL should've never been cancelled in my opinion. I would absolutely love to have OLTL back but, the alphabet channel will never let that happen.
            OLTL fans never threw a fit about GH characters appearing on the "what if" segment or any other time they did cross-overs but GH fans were extremely rude and full of nasty comments when OLTL characters were taken to GH after OLTL's unfair cancellation.
            But that's different. GH characters were doing crossovers but they had GH to go back to. There was no threat of GH characters coming on to OLTL and pushing OLTL characters to the background. With OLTL being cancelled, it's a totally different situation. GH fans wouldn't care if OLTL did crossovers and OLTL was still on the air. The OLTL characters would have a show to go back to. But the OLTL characters do not have a show to go back to and they are being brought on at the expense of some GH characters and bringing on more OLTL characters would push GH characters to the background. To be fair, some OLTL fans were very rude and nasty about not caring at all that some GH characters would be pushed into the background. And that's not fair. It's not their fault that OLTL got cancelled. And, of course, the GH fans will not take kindly to the OLTL characters coming on GH because they might become permanent characters that push out GH characters. Many GH fans did not watch OLTL. These characters are strangers/newbies whom they don't care about. They want to see GH characters. And OLTL fans would not like other characters coming from other shows, staying longterm, and pushing OLTL characters to the background.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
              JNLrafamily commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll agree to disagree. Don't agree with your logic.....

Originally posted by MemMem View Post

That idea makes the most sense. Both Llanview and Pine Valley were supposed to be located in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. They could merge the shows and retitle the hybrid as Commonwealth. I never understood why they had the AMC actors were required to relocate to California instead of The View (which used to be the studio for ABC's defunct show, The City.
            They knew, for years, that they had to cut costs. If they had done a lot of crossover storylines between AMC and OLTL, the transition to one sixty minute hybrid show, Commonwealth, would have been seamless and saved a lot of jobs.
            I'd prefer they just bring back OLTL, no merging.

Comment

It's a shame about Roscoe Born. I know Mitch "died" at the end of OLTL, but it's a soap. Death never stopped Mitch Laurence before anyway lol. I'm trying to think of villains they could have because a good soap to me is all about the villains. Maybe they could bring back Ursula Blackwell and Jamie Sanders. That would really only make sense if Tina and Cord were on the show though. Todd's not really a villain anymore. Carlo Hesser is meh. I was over him a long time ago. They'd have to bring in some new villains I guess. OLTL has such a rich history with great villains though.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X