Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If OLTL were still on or returned to ABC daytime?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If OLTL were still on or returned to ABC daytime?

When the show aired its last episode in January 2012 was it in 4:3 or 16:9? The clips and videos of those episodes on YouTube made it hard to tell. Since all shows are in 16:9 now it would be interesting for it to be airing in HD in 16:9.

Also it feels so strange having lonely old General Hospital by itself without other soaps keeping it company. Speaking of GH. That show is also airing in CityTV for Canadian viewers. I bring that up because it'd be interesting if OLTL were still on today to think it'd also be airing in Canada on CityTV as well.

My local ABC Station airs GMA3: What You Need to Know at 1pm, Rachael Ray in the 2pm timeslot, and then General Hospital at 3pm. One Life to Live was on at 2pm. But then again I'm not certain I'd watch Rachael Ray cancelled in favor of OLTL. I just bring that up to think of ABC did bring back OLTL what timeslot would Rachael's show be moved to?

I miss some cast/characters on OLTL, one of whom being Michael Easton as John McBain, Vicky and Clint, and Roger Howarth as Todd Manning. I also miss Mitch Laurence but Roscoe Born died sometime last year or this year. I also miss Destiny Evans being played by Shenell Edmonds. Her recast in that brief 2013 online reboot destroyed that character for me.

That's all for me about OLTL.

My only hope to see OLTL revived is by characters crossing over to GH. If it had its own time slot, I would combine AMC into the revival and just combine both shows as one hybrid since they were both based in different cities in Pennsylvania.

As for GH, the character that would be a great fit is Dr David Hayward. The world-renown Cardiologist at GH would be perfect. His ex, Anna Devane is there. He'd be such a fun addition.

I liked when Nora was on GH representing Valentin Cassadine. That was a fun series of episodes. I'd love to see someone like Erica Kane show up for a guest spot too. Susan Lucci still looks great.

The Mannings have already been on GH, and could easily return. Then there's that whole crossover story with the Lorenzo Alcazar/Tomas Delgado being the same person. That story happened on both OLTL and GH I think, or maybe only on GH, but included Carly, Skye, Tea, Blair, Todd, and never resolved after the PP legal issues forced OLTL characters to be removed from GH. This story of Alcazar/Tomas was most interesting to me and I definitely want to see it revisited now that those legal issues have been resolved for a while now.
    Last edited by JCmojoe81; December 16, 2020, 10:42 AM. Reason: negative comments about other posters is not permitted

Comment

I want the show back! Let the OLTL characters live in their universe. I miss the tone of One Life. Want to see our favorites interact with characters we know they have history with!

Comment

This and AMC should have never been cancelled to begin with. If they hadn't been cancelled, the characters that infants/toddlers when the shows ended(not counting the revivals) would most likely be college aged/young adults by now. For AMC you had Spike, Ian, Emma, AJ, Jenny(the daughter Tad named after his sister), Kathy, Trevor(Amanda and Jake's son), Miranda etc. For OLTL to had, Hope(who probably wouldn't have been killed off alongside Cole when they crossovered to GH), Bree, Zane(Kelly's son), Sam, Jamie(Antonio's daughter), Michael and Marcie's baby(I can't remember it's name. I can't even remember if they had a boy or a girl), Jessica's son that she had with Ford, Natalie and Brody's son etc.

Though I also have to wonder, had they not have been cancelled, how much different things would be for other soaps since now some of the actors have pretty much found a new place there. For instance, Michael Easton had been on GH since OLTL ended. Though not as the same character. First John McBain came to GH and then when the PP legal issues came up, he along with other OLTL characters had to leave GH. He was then brought back as another character who was killed off. And brought back yet again as another character. Lol. I'm just wondering would ME still be on OLTL if it was still around.

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
          [email protected] commented
          Editing a comment
          You forgot about Drew. Michael and Marcie named there son Gabriel and they had another child on the way.

• JNLrafamily
          JNLrafamily commented
          Editing a comment
          Liam is Natalie and John's son. Brody had no children when the show ended.

I'm a GH fan and I am always in favor of OLTL and AMC characters for short term appearances. Especially if it means it's working towards the greater good of their shows being resurrected. I think most GH fans are against the crossover because they're afraid to see them take airtime away from our own characters that we don't see enough. GH is notorious for focusing on 10 characters at a time and then we never get to see our beloved favorites.

Comment

I miss OLTL, it was my favorite. I wish we could have it back!

Comment

I'll always hold out hope that we'll see OLTL back in some form some day. I know it's unlikely but that's where hope comes into play. At minimum it'd sure be great if ABC would stream old eps...!

Comment

Bring OLTL back. I miss it.

Comment

I would love to see something where you have the younger characters as the core cast and older vets cycle in and out for different storylines. In my dream it would have characters from all ABC shows. I'd be ok w/ recasts and ridiculous SORASing too.

Comment

AMC & OLTL should've never been cancelled in my opinion. I would absolutely love to have OLTL back but, the alphabet channel will never let that happen.
                  OLTL fans never threw a fit about GH characters appearing on the "what if" segment or any other time they did cross-overs but GH fans were extremely rude and full of nasty comments when OLTL characters were taken to GH after OLTL's unfair cancellation.
                  I don't watch the alphabet channel at all, haven't since OLTL was cancelled but I do read the boards.
                  I miss OLTL

Comment

• OLTLfan4lyfe
                    OLTLfan4lyfe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm an OLTL fan, as my username would suggest. To be honest though, although I'm not a fan of seeing characters of the defunct soap appearing on GH, I actually liked seeing John, Starr, and Todd on GH for 13 months. But that all changed when that legal dispute between ABC & PP forced the OLTL stars off the show and then come back as different characters.
                    I was actually John McBain or Bo Buchannan would return instead of that Hanover, PA detective who came to Port Charles to interrogate Carly about Nelle's disappearance. Wasted opportunity, but my guess is that didn't happen because either it would've been cheaper to hire a day player instead of a soap star or all the heat GH has taken for bring OLTL characters/actors onto their show.

I actually liked when Nora was brought to GH for a short time and was hoping Roscoe Born would reprise Mitch Laurence for the Shiloh cult story thing. Also, I think AMC & OLTL were cancelled because ABC could no longer afford to keep them on the air.

ABC needs a sister soap for GH. OLTL is the perfect choice. Wake up ABC!!!

Comment

I don't post much, but I often lurk around the message boards. Here goes my unpopular opinion. I doubt I would watch a reboot. Most of my favorite characters are well into their 60s and 70s. I know if the show came back, they likely wouldn't drive the stories. They'd be parents and grandparents sitting on the sidelines. Also, and I know this sounds ageist, I would rather remember them as they were in their glory days before they ruined their looks with plastic surgery, although that shipped has already sailed for some of them. I wasn't too thrilled with the younger generations during the original run, I seriously doubt I would like them any better now.

I would much rather ABC or whoever TPTB are put the original series online. I'd pay to watch the old shows.

Comment

AMC is possibly getting a primetime reboot. It's time for us to start hassling ABC again.

Comment

Yes if AMC is returning, they should consider OLTL also! If anything they could merge AMC and OLTL together.

Comment

• OLTLfan4lyfe
                          OLTLfan4lyfe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          As much as I want both those soaps back, I'd highly recommend against that. GH viewers already take heavy issue with bringing OLTL characters to GH so I don't think ABC merging the two shows together is going to fly, with the viewers, and yes, I heard AMC is returning in the form of a primetime show! Despite that I never watched AMC I'm kind of excited about it and will definitely be watching!

Now just anxiously awaiting word that OLTL will also become a primetime show and will be MUCH BETTER than the PP crap they pulled in 2013.

Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post
                        Bring OLTL back. I miss it.
                        There is a rumor that Kelly Ripa wants to bring AMC to prime time. Maybe someone can do the same for OLTL.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X