Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did you think of the character James Ford and his relationship with Starr

I loved One Life To Live and I loves all of my favorite characters my favorite was Starr any way she met James Ford and they had to go on the run from this guy named Bull because James stole a lot of money from his father anyway I want to know what you thought of James as a character and what you thought of his relationship with Starr I never liked James at all and I hated that Starr got together with him James was a kind of sweet guy and everything but first off He came off too strong when it came to Starr right after the drama with Bull and the money and Starr having accidently shot James James just automatically wanted Starr to be with him and just up and leave Cole not thinking or caring about Starr and Cole's life or that he knew very little or nothing about their life together or their relationship or what they have been through and what they have survived I truly believe he only saw what he wanted to see about Starr and Cole's life and relationship and that he only cared about himself and what he wanted he was just the male version of Hannah he had very big issues in his life and he thought Starr could make them go away just because she was nice to him just like Hannah had had very big issues in her life and she thought Cole could make them go away just because he was nice to her and James did not care at all about Hope and that he would be tearing her family apart after James got out of the hospital and started living with his brother he had jus got away from a bad situation he should have took a moment to get his feet on the ground focus on himself a minute instead of obsessing over Starr and yes at the beginning James was pure obsessed with Starr never leaving her alone after the Bull drama Starr wanted to be with Cole and work on their relationship and focus on making her family work because that is what she wanted and I know Starr and Cole were not perfect and had problems every couple does but they way James talked back at the beginning he thought he could make the sun shine everyday and that he and Starr would never have any problems ever at all James was just not a good character even if he was sweet at times and he was not up to the level of Starr what do you think

I could take or leave James but I liked him better than Cole.

Comment

I cringed every time James Ford called Starr "Twinkle". Although, of all the Ford family, James was the only one I could even slightly tolerate.

Comment

• JaySherman
        JaySherman commented
        Editing a comment
        Considering all Starr had been through up until that point, I thought James was a step backwards. Starr needed someone more mature

In regards to the brothers, I hated Nate the least.

Gosh, l loved James Ford, and thought his calling Starr "Twinkle" was so cute and sexy! l enjoyed him with Starr much more than Cole, ever. Starr and James had a real spark. Cole was so bland. Just my opinion. lt's funny how characters can be so strongly liked or disliked by viewers

Comment

Cole is boring. James is a much better match

Comment

Marty moving back to Llanview believing that Todd and Blair still lived there always annoyed the hell out of me. It was like she couldn't stay away from him, because, in her won dysfunctional way she was still attracted to and remained obsessed with him. There was no reason for her to return, there were no blood relatives. The only way to explain her presence there after Patrick died, was if she was visiting during the summer on some kind of exteded seminar, I guess she became a psychiatrist(?!) I can't conceive of any woman who went through what Marty went through at Todd's hands ever wanting to move back to Llanview for any length of time unless he was still presumed dead. She did come back when Trevor Saint John was NuTodd with a new face; it would have only worked if the whole world, including Marty assumed he was Walker Lawrence.

I loathed the whole premise of Cole and Starr. First of all, it was about give Todd and Marty a mutual blood tie child together, even if it was a grandchild. If they HAD to go THERE, why not go with Cole Thornheart and Danielle Delgado Rayburn (Manning)? Putting Marty's daughter with Tea's daughter would have lessened the ICK factor a good deal.

It made NO sense for Cole and Starr to fall for each other. For one, if you followed canon, she'd be too old for him. For another thing, even in this do-what-you-want era, it would be unseemly and unlikely for any son of Marty to knowingly get involved with the daughter of her rapist. Particularly one who had led a gang rape on her.

Cole Thornheart and Danielle Rayburn falling for each other would have worked (with good dynamic casting of Cole) because neither one would be aware that Todd Manning was her biological father until after they had fallen in love and conceived a child together.

As for Starr, I think the show screwed up big time by not bringing back Leslie Holden to be her BFF and casting Brittney Underwood in the role rather than creating Langston Wilde and also Nic Robuck or some other guy with great onscreen chemisty with Kristen Alderson as Frank Holden. I think Todd would not be any happier with the idea of Starr falling for Frank Holden, but Max and Gabrielle falling back in love and raising Frank and Leslie along with their baby would have been a sweet story for Max and Gabi fans.

Comment

The Ford brothers were great eye candy but they really took over the show. And I always thought it was ridiculous how young their mother was.

Comment

• JaySherman
              JaySherman commented
              Editing a comment
              There was only a 10 year age difference between David Gregory and Jessica Leccia and it was noticeable.

As a comparison there was a 13 year age difference between Clint Ritchie and Phil Carey but they were convincing as father and son

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X