• Show
Clear All
    Troy43
    Day Player

• Troy43
    commented on 's reply
    AllenAJ
    Day Player
    AllenAJ That’s exactly right. Todd always said that they were born to be together, meant to be together, that they were soulmates and he always went above and beyond to stay with Tea. He said she made him not be so scared of who he was because she wasn’t afraid of him. Roger said he liked Todd with Tea because they were lighter and more fun, and he has expressed how he felt about how dark they went with Todd.
    Troy43
    Day Player
    Last edited by Troy43; January 23, 2022, 09:02 AM.
  • Serenityrose
    Under-Five

• Serenityrose
    commented on 's reply
    In 1998 while with Tea, Todd told Blair they were soulmates. He also told Blair in 1998, while with Tea, that Blair was 1 of 2 people who made him smile (the other being Starr)

Todd didn't say he'd stop the world for Blair, no he told Blair "I'd live and die for you, Blair"
    He said "If I had the world in my hand it wouldn't mean anything if I didn't have you."
    He said "We were made for eachother" "We belong together" He said "it's fate" that brings them together and that "the biggest mistake of his life was letting (Blair) go"

He was willing to go to jail for her. A punishment worst than death for someone like Todd but he was ready to do it to save her. He also threw himself on top of her when someone shot at her. He fought to come back from the dead to be with her, Blair's face was what kept him going, he got on a raft and as he said he almost died a thousand times but he did it to get back to her, when he was locked up for yrs he thought of her everyday and fought to get back to her, in Todd's words : "She's the one"

On GH it was shown that he wanted Blair back. She was the one he romantically wanted. Not Tea.
    Some of the things he said to her:

Todd to Blair: You're the only person I feel ok with.

Todd to Blair: Blair, you're the only right thing I've done in my life.

Todd to Blair: Everything that I have in my life that's positive, everything that I have in my life that I love, i have because I loved you.

Todd and Blair did move on for a short time. Their relationship ended badly, they both needed time and space to lick their wounds but it never escaped my notice that Todd struggled to share intimacy with Tea. Something he gave to Blair freely both before and after Tea. For a character like Todd with his sexual history I think it's so important that he be able to be intimate with someone and truly give himself to that person.

His vows to Blair:
    Todd to Blair: I remember Blair when I met you I thought you would be somebody that I could be around and after everything we've been through I don't just want to be around you, I want to give myself to you. My Mind, my heart..

We saw on the island as soon as Todd slept with Tea, he was literally dreaming about Blair and their wedding night right afterwards. He untangled himself from Tea to go look at Blair's picture. Tea called him out on it. Todd was still in love with Blair and he chose to leave Tea there and go back to Blair. He didn't even bother to let anyone know that Tea was stuck on the island. Vicki forced him to call for help. That to me is a true afterthought.

Vicki: Who was on the island with you, Todd.
    Todd: Tea and her hairy friend Ross.
    Vicki: Where are they now?
    Todd: I don't know. Does it matter?

It also never escaped my attention that both Blair and Todd unraveled in their new relationships. Todd almost killing himself, Blair almost killing Max. They both went on VERY dark paths and lost themselves.

Todd and Tea for me were what many soap pairings are. Intense and important for the moment but that's it. They had about 1 1/2 yr of story onscreen where they were the pairing pushed. Before and after that? At least with Rogers Todd? It was always Todd and Blair. It continued on GH and into the OLTL reboot ending with Todd and Blair married and in love.

As for Kassie she is a huge T/B fan. At least with Roger's Todd and Blair. Even in 1998 when Todd was with Tea.
    Now with Trevor's Todd I can buy that she was over it.

KDP: I NEVER stopped welcoming a storyline with Roger. We BOTH were verbal about the missed opportunities with Todd and Blair. There's only so much an actor can do. It's up to someone else to make it happen. WE wanted Todd and Blair but they wanted a different direction. -SOD 1998

KDP: I'm the biggest Todd and Blair fan ever. I love them and I think they're unbelievably powerful. -2013

In the end I guess it's moot. We're not likely to see OLTL revived, so how they ended it is basically what we got and I don't see that changing. I respect your opinion, I just strongly disagree with it. With Roger TnB got the most focus and story, they had many, many years of being the story, so I'm glad they're endgame. As for Victor, I don't blame you for not liking him and Tea. TSJ Todd was very different than Roger's and that Todd was never my cup of tea.
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the rest of it. It was nice chatting about this and seeing how passionate people still are about OLTL. 😊
  • AllenAJ
    Day Player

• AllenAJ
    replied
    I respect that this is your endgame. But Tea is the only woman that made Todd forget Blair. For the time he and Tea were together Blair was an after thought. Also if we dip into real life, Kassie didn't even want Todd and Blair together anymore. I think it was Super Soap weekend where she said she didn't get the relationship. I never heard Todd say he would make the world stop for Blair. Todd said as-long as Tea existed he would be pulled toward her. Even on GH he said he would never stop trying to win her back. I can not even watch Tea Victor, Franken Todd. Though I really like Victor as Todds brother, he never went with Tea to me. I've tried. I never felt the pull towards those character as I did with Rogers Todd. Every scene with his Todd and Flo were so special, they were fantastic acting partners. To me theres really no loss in either scenario, Todd Blair or Todd Tea. I just feel for me, before Tea I rooted for Todd Blair, afterwards I knew I could never root for anyone else. And I know I'm not alone, because every time either actor was gone and the other was on, ABC experience a huge fan outcry to bring the missing one back.

Leave a comment:

• Serenityrose
    Under-Five

• Serenityrose
    replied
    Tea was there. On the island. He chose Blair. At the time they didnt even know when/if Roger would return. They could have had him choose to stay on the island with Tea. They opted not to.

Tea was also there when Roger came back in 2011. Todd wanted Blair.

Tea was also there in 2013 on the OLTL reboot. Todd wanted Blair.

Todd wanted Blair in 94', 95', 96', part of 97', part of 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2011, part of 2012, and 2013.
    That's a lot of years, a lot of different regimes of writers that had Todd loving and wanting and choosing Blair.

I respect your opinion on Todd and Tea, but at most they had what a 1 1/2 where they were the story onscreen. Todd and Blair had years of them being the story. So I'm very glad they were written as endgame.

Tea ended up with Victor, which I felt made sense. It was only with him that she got any sort of real relationship with "Todd"

As OLTL Executive Producer Jennifer Pepperman said. Victor is the love of Tea's life, Todd is the love of Blair's life and vice versa.

For me the right endgame pairings were chosen. I was very happy with the way Todd and Blair ended, in love and married.
    Serenityrose
    Under-Five
    Last edited by Serenityrose; January 19, 2022, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Troy43
    Day Player

• Troy43
    commented on 's reply
    Only because Tea wasn’t there.
  • Serenityrose
    Under-Five

• Serenityrose
    replied
    Respectfully disagree. RH's Todd and Blair should be endgame. And thankfully they were. I tend to think the RH Todd and Tea ship sailed when right after they made love on the island Todd dreamed of Blair, untangled himself from Tea to go look at Blair's picture, admitted he loved Blair and got on a raft risking his life to get back to Blair.

Now TSJs Todd, that's something else. It was the first and only time I truly saw "Todd" give Tea something real and I could see that version of Todd and Tea being endgame.

Just some of my favorite quotes cause I miss OLTL and TnB:
    Jennifer Pepperman- OLTL Executive Producer: Victor is the love of Tea's life and Todd of course is the love of Blair's life and vice versa.

Todd to Blair: Just like that the only person in the world who ever understood me.

Todd to Blair (while with Tea) : There's only 2 people in this whole world that can make me smile and you're exactly half of them.

Todd to Blair (while with Tea) : You can't just walk away from me, we're soulmates.

Todd to Blair: I'd live and die for you, Blair.

Todd to Blair: You're the only person I feel ok with.

Todd to Blair: Blair, you're the only right thing I've done in my life.

Todd to Blair: Everything that I have in my life that's positive, everything that I have in my life that I love, i have because I loved you.

Todd about Blair: Funny thing about Blair is even when I'm away from her I feel like I'm not alone.

Todd to Blair: If I had the world in my hand it wouldn't mean a thing if I didn't have you. I love you.

Todd to Blair: I had to grow up because of you. Blair, I didn't know who I wanted to be until I met you before that i didn't think I was going to be able to fit in with anybody.

Todd to Blair: We both love our children but that's not why I'm with you or you're with me. We need eachother. I stayed on a raft in the middle of the South Pacific to get back to you.

Tea about Todd and Blair: But you know what's amazing, they're actually better people when they're together.

Todd to Blair: I remember Blair when I met you I thought you would be somebody that I could be around and after everything we've been through I don't just want to be around you, I want to give myself to you. My Mind, my heart..

Todd to Blair: It's true we belong together, you know it. We're not like anyone else in this world, Blair. But we do fit together.

Todd to Blair: Everyone is trying to change me, Blair. Tea, Vicki, Sam, they're trying to redesign me everybody wants me to change, everybody but you.

Todd to Blair: We were great because we were made for eachother. You can see we belong together, can't you?

Todd to Blair: We're perfect together.

Todd to Blair: I'm with my one true babe, floating on a cloud all night. I love you, Blair.

Todd about Blair: I've never been happy in my life except one time when I first met Blair.

Todd to Blair: Being with you made me feel like I got a reason to change. Like I want to be this new man.

Todd about Blair: And you're right about her being beauty. She's the one beautiful thing in this ugly world.

Todd to Blair: It's fate. You remember that 1st day in the park when we ran into eachother and we started this most pathetic contest and we've been trying to avoid eachother ever since but we can't. Why, because it's fate.

Todd to Blair: It's always been you and me, Blair. I love you.

Todd to Blair: I love you. I always will.

Todd to Blair: Look Blair I'm not going to Heaven but I started thinking hell would be okay because you're going there too, you know that.

Todd to Blair: Blair nobody likes me and when I'm not with you I can see their point but when I am with you I don't care what anyone thinks and I'm willing to put up with you for as long as you're willing to put up with me and that goes into forever or even longer and if that's not love I don't know what is.

Todd to Tea about Blair: You're right. I do, oh I still do. I love, Blair.

Leave a comment:

• Mama_2009
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Mama_2009
    replied
    Originally posted by MemMem View Post
    I was, am, and always be a Todd and Blair shipper. That said I thought that FL and RH had their own quirky chemistry and thought it was stupid that the writers would not write them having sex and then convicted that stupid Does Todd or doesn't Todd have DID schtick. I honestly think that it went that way because JFP took over and wanted to have Todd fall for a female player by a FOJ.

No matter how much I shipped T&B, I knew that RH was the show's primary leading man and thought he would end up being a serial husband, leaving several ex-wives in his wake and having many children vying for his attention, like Alan Spaulding or Roger Thorpe on Guiding Light.

That said, what made the Todd Wars so vicious w​​​as OLTL's inability to write well for Blair when it was decided to move Todd out of her orbit. I don't care how much the DePaivas were rumored to lobby for Blair and Max,he show did that real life couple no favors by not letting JDP go. He would have worked longer at Guiding Light and ATWT than he lasted on OLTL. The best time to write him out was when Frank and Leslie were kidnapped and then bring Max back to the canvas to reunite with Gabi during its final run.

Blair should have been moved on to a compelling character with no tie to Todd. The Ian Armitage Angle should have been pursued. KDP aged well but the time to transition Blair from a vulnerable hand-wringing Biden trapped by her own sexuality to a hard-core business woman like Kate on DOOL of Barbara on ATWT was then. Blair should have married Ian and had his heir before he was killed off. And she should have resurrected her spa and cosmetics line.

I also thought Tea and Kevin would be the most logical end game when JFP inevitably assigned RH a new leading lady played by a FOJ. It was,a damned shame TSJ hadn't been cast as Kevin. He had great chemistry as Walker Lawrence with KDP; not so much as NuTodd with KDP, but it was very intense with FL even as Nu Todd. He rocked it with her even harder as. Victor. He would have added a lot of fire and intensity to Kevin who is also a Lord, lest we forget.

I realize Kevin ditched Tea for a very married Cassie, but I always thought she was the right woman at the wrong time where he was concerned.
    Interesting opinion on Max and Blair. I actually really liked Max and Blair. I thought Blair had her best chemistry with Max and their characters just seemed to fit so well together. Max and Blair were baddies, but in a fun sort of way and they were entertaining. Max reminds me a lot of Luke Spencer from GH...a scoundrel with a smart mouth, who's always running scams, Max should've had a place on the show for years and years. I do like your idea about Ian and Blair, I didn't care for Ian and Kelly, but I always saw Blair going back to Max.

And I didn't mind that they kept Blair in Todd's orbit because it made sense...they are Starr's parents and I think the writers wanted to demonstrate that Todd and Blair were no longer in love with each other and were now completely platonic. The TnT fan in me actually appreciated that because I never had any inkling that Todd was harbouring any secret feelings for Blair or vice versa. They seemed totally and completely done.

Tea and Kevin were ok, but I thought Kevin was better suited with Cassie. Tea's best pairing was Todd and I think Todd's best pairing was Tea. Victor Jr does mess things up considerably because TSJ and FL had very intense chemistry and were great as TnT, so I'm very torn between TnT and VnT. I don't think the two Todd's story should've happened. It made absolutely no sense and just seemed like bait to get buzz, viewers and to have RH and TSJ on screen together but I thought it was silly and convoluted. TSJ was leaving anyway, they just should've had RH replace TSJ and carry on.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAJ
    Day Player

• AllenAJ
    replied
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. May I ask what FOJ means?
    I just couldnt get into Tea with TSJ Todd. it just didnt seem right to me, maybe because I loved her with Rogers Todd so much. I think by interviews it seems that Kassie preferred a different story than Todd and Blair. I wouldnt have minded TSJ being Kevin, just not with Tea LOL. I like how things turned out with him Tea and them having a daughter.

Leave a comment:

• MemMem
    Senior Board Member

• MemMem
    replied
    I was, am, and always be a Todd and Blair shipper. That said I thought that FL and RH had their own quirky chemistry and thought it was stupid that the writers would not write them having sex and then convicted that stupid Does Todd or doesn't Todd have DID schtick. I honestly think that it went that way because JFP took over and wanted to have Todd fall for a female player by a FOJ.

No matter how much I shipped T&B, I knew that RH was the show's primary leading man and thought he would end up being a serial husband, leaving several ex-wives in his wake and having many children vying for his attention, like Alan Spaulding or Roger Thorpe on Guiding Light.

That said, what made the Todd Wars so vicious w​​​as OLTL's inability to write well for Blair when it was decided to move Todd out of her orbit. I don't care how much the DePaivas were rumored to lobby for Blair and Max,he show did that real life couple no favors by not letting JDP go. He would have worked longer at Guiding Light and ATWT than he lasted on OLTL. The best time to write him out was when Frank and Leslie were kidnapped and then bring Max back to the canvas to reunite with Gabi during its final run.

Blair should have been moved on to a compelling character with no tie to Todd. The Ian Armitage Angle should have been pursued. KDP aged well but the time to transition Blair from a vulnerable hand-wringing Biden trapped by her own sexuality to a hard-core business woman like Kate on DOOL of Barbara on ATWT was then. Blair should have married Ian and had his heir before he was killed off. And she should have resurrected her spa and cosmetics line.

I also thought Tea and Kevin would be the most logical end game when JFP inevitably assigned RH a new leading lady played by a FOJ. It was,a damned shame TSJ hadn't been cast as Kevin. He had great chemistry as Walker Lawrence with KDP; not so much as NuTodd with KDP, but it was very intense with FL even as Nu Todd. He rocked it with her even harder as. Victor. He would have added a lot of fire and intensity to Kevin who is also a Lord, lest we forget.

I realize Kevin ditched Tea for a very married Cassie, but I always thought she was the right woman at the wrong time where he was concerned.

MemMem
    Senior Board Member
    Last edited by MemMem; January 5, 2022, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Theresa_Fan
    replied
    Such an interesting topic. I always preferred Tea over Blair, I honestly think Tea and Todd had more of a complex storyline together. I would have been fine with them ending up together.

Leave a comment:

• sesca
    Contract Poster

• sesca
    replied
    When I started watching Todd and Blair were together. That's what I became used to and I grew to love their somewhat dysfunctional relationship. I also never cared for Tee. For whatever reason her character just rubbed me the wrong way. So I am firmly in the Blair and Todd camp.

Leave a comment:

• Lulubee
    Recurring Poster

• Lulubee
    replied
    Nah i believe Blaire and Todd were epic and true endgame.

Leave a comment:

• sesca
    Contract Poster

• sesca
    replied
    For me, endgame will always be Blair and Todd.

Leave a comment:

• Troy43
    Day Player

• Troy43
    commented on 's reply
    She did but she still loved him and wanted him despite not having sex. She wanted him and tried to wait until he was ready. He even said he wanted her but didn’t want to rush and he wanted to be the one to start it. They were never on the same page and something, mainly themselves, always came between them.
  • Mama_2009
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Mama_2009
    replied
    Originally posted by Troy43 View Post
    Todd and Tea were always the best match. Even Todd felt like he was a better man with Tea. She was a better character with him. They were always about more than sex.
    I agree that Todd and Tea were the best match. Todd tried so hard to be a better man. He wanted to be better and he wanted to make Tea happy. I loved watching him try to make Tea happy, the lead up to their second wedding was the most normal and happy I’d ever seen him.

I’m not sure if I agree with the sex part. Tea wanted to be sexual in their relationship, and because of Rod, we know Todd wanted it too. The whole sex thing was understandable at first, given Todd’s history but it became silly and a little ridiculous.

There were at least a few times where Todd initiated intimacy which could’ve lead to sex. When he and Tea dropped Starr off with Blair for the first time, he wanted it, she said no and ran off…when he was on the run from the cops and surprised her at the country club, he was there specifically to have sex with her, she said no…when they went to Viki’s cabin during Kevin and Cassie’s wedding, Todd clearly wanted sex and looked annoyed when Tea said no, which prompted him to fake his integration…and lastly, their wedding. After all that, the lack of sex was just bizarre.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X