Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Todd with Blair and Tea both. They both had mad chemistry.
    But Tea had Victor so it worked out for Todd to be with Blair. I do hate that we didn't get closure with all those characters. As long as GH is on there's a chance some of those characters could appear there - even if it is complicated by RH as Franco. I have thought that Starr at least could return to GH. Possibly she had Michael's baby after leaving.
    I also hold out hope that we could get something more online. If not an ongoing series then maybe a mini series.
    In my mind Victor and Todd worked together to sort out their enemies and are back with Tea and Blair. And Cole and Hope are alive and with Starr.

Comment

I think its okay for characters to end up in pairings that aren't predestined or preordained. Especially when said pairings are stuck in an endless cycle of abusive and manipulative behavior towards one another. Granted, I think Todd and Blair are/were a supercouple for sure. They share children. So of course, the two should have had some involvement with one another's lives. But in the end, you can only do the marry/hurt/breakup/get back together thing for so long before its not good for the growth of the character. Now, you can argue Todd and Tea were also stuck in a similar cycle. But not to the extent of TnB.

That's why I enjoyed Blair with Tomas and Todd with Carly on GH. It was a breath of fresh air for both characters

Comment

• witchboy
        witchboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I really loved both couples, but they were both toxic, because that's Todd. I remember Todd hit Tea at least once, hard enough to knock her out.

• Troy43
        Troy43 commented
        Editing a comment
        People seem to forget that Todd almost raped Blair. He only stopped when he thought about Marty. Todd’s relationship with Blair was certainly toxic after he came back from Ireland.

When I was younger and watched the TnB and TnT storylines originally I was more of a fan of TnB. But rewatching these episodes now, I have to say that I really love everything about classic TnT. I find their story to much more complex and interesting to watch. And their chemistry was fire.

Comment

• Troy43
        Troy43 commented
        Editing a comment
        The story was more complex and dramatic and the chemistry was breathtaking.

Todd and Blair was the better couple. They had all the chemistry and fit so well together. Couldn’t stand Tea. Blair was always Todd’s endgame.

Comment

I would have liked the writers to pair Tea with Andrew. That's fine if she had a HEA with Todd when the soap was cancelled, but I liked the friendship possible romance chem I sensed between the good minister and vixen lawyer.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Tea and RH's Todd/TSJ Todd or Victor were always destined to be endgame to me. Tea and RH's Todd & TSJ Todd beat out all pairings of Blair & Todd, although I liked Blair/Todd. I just thought Tea and Todd had more chemistry.

Comment

Back in 1998, I would've agreed 100% that Todd and Tea should be endgame. I absolutely loved them. Everything was perfect, the slow burn, the storyline, the way they understood each other, the depth of their connection, the strong chemistry...all amazing. It's a tale as old as time...where the love and understanding of true love can save the the darkest and loneliest of souls. I never would've thought they'd ever be able to be with anyone else. But soaps have this funny way of messing up most good things and sadly Todd and Tea were messed up.

I didn't care too much for their scenes in 2000, but I appreciated that Todd came back for her. I won't even get into that train wreck that was the stranded island story in 2002, needless to say I wasn't a fan. I grew to love them again when TSJ was Todd but they were completely different as a couple and it was ok that they were different because Tea was also different and she was happy.

I came to understand that it really doesn't matter to me that they weren't endgame because I loved their original story...there are endgame pairs that never get that kind of storytelling.

Comment

• AllenAJ
              AllenAJ commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the post enjoyed reading your ideas. I think the Island was good and bad. It gave them Danny and some good scenes. I just hate that the writer of the island story didnt believe in redemption for Todd and tea as a couple. Everything about the last times we seen them was bitter sweet, but I believe they would have definitely gotten back together again. Like Todd told Tea on GH using the Sonny analogy, he was never going to give up on Tea. I didnt watch most of the TSJ stuff, which told me I didnt feel he was Todd, though I love aspects of the two Todd storylines and though TSJ could act. whereas I had to watch every bit of Howarth Todd and Florencia Tea.

• Mama_2009
              Mama_2009 commented
              Editing a comment
              I read somewhere that RC was mentored by Clare Labine. CL is the writer who put Todd and Tea together, so it seems to make sense that RC would want to write for the pair his mentor created.

CL was an amazing writer…too bad she wasn’t on the show long. I really loved the show during her tenure.

Originally posted by AllenAJ View Post
            I dont want to get into the normal attack thing that happens when that is said, its just my opinion. Like I love Blair as a character and Love Kassie as an actress. To me Blairs great love was Max. I really think Todd and Tea were end game. And Prospect place or whatever its called really messed everything up. I think Ron Carvati knew it was Todd and Tea and thats why we had them on General Hospital. But I never heard Todd Tell Blair he would "Make the world end for her" or that " He couldnt get her out of his head" Though not going to lie, there was a time when Todd could not get Blair out of his head. Todd also told Tea on Gh that he "would never give up on her" he also told Tea " we're like frozen food because it lasts"
            I agree 1000%. That was probably the intention when RC was writing but things changed once the new people took over.

Comment

No Todd and Rebecca fans left around here? Lol i know that was ancient history a long time ago but back in 93 it was all anyone talked about.

Comment

I think Todd/Blair and Victor/Tea were the best matches.

Comment

Originally posted by lcarus View Post
                  No Todd and Rebecca fans left around here? Lol i know that was ancient history a long time ago but back in 93 it was all anyone talked about.
                  Ofcourse, it was so short lived though and they ruined it when they brought Rebecca back.

Comment

Todd and Tea were always the best match. Even Todd felt like he was a better man with Tea. She was a better character with him. They were always about more than sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy43 View Post
                      Todd and Tea were always the best match. Even Todd felt like he was a better man with Tea. She was a better character with him. They were always about more than sex.
                      I agree that Todd and Tea were the best match. Todd tried so hard to be a better man. He wanted to be better and he wanted to make Tea happy. I loved watching him try to make Tea happy, the lead up to their second wedding was the most normal and happy I’d ever seen him.

I’m not sure if I agree with the sex part. Tea wanted to be sexual in their relationship, and because of Rod, we know Todd wanted it too. The whole sex thing was understandable at first, given Todd’s history but it became silly and a little ridiculous.

There were at least a few times where Todd initiated intimacy which could’ve lead to sex. When he and Tea dropped Starr off with Blair for the first time, he wanted it, she said no and ran off…when he was on the run from the cops and surprised her at the country club, he was there specifically to have sex with her, she said no…when they went to Viki’s cabin during Kevin and Cassie’s wedding, Todd clearly wanted sex and looked annoyed when Tea said no, which prompted him to fake his integration…and lastly, their wedding. After all that, the lack of sex was just bizarre.

Comment

• Troy43
                        Troy43 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She did but she still loved him and wanted him despite not having sex. She wanted him and tried to wait until he was ready. He even said he wanted her but didn’t want to rush and he wanted to be the one to start it. They were never on the same page and something, mainly themselves, always came between them.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X