Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpopular Opinion about OLTL storylines.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JHope
    commented on 's reply
    The treatment of REG and Tika Sumpter was horrible.

I read Ellen Holly's book about her time on OLTL, and saw similarities to how REG & TS were being treated. They have more talent than several of the actors who had major storylines on the show. I was a big fan of both of their characters. It's no surprise to me that Tika Sumpter has become the star that she has become.

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    Starr's daughter was Hope and I agree after all they went through, I wish they hadn't killed them off.

John McBain bored me - No offense to Michael Easton but I just didn't like the character

I agree that TSJ did a great job. He had a very tough job taking over for Roger Howarth but he did a great job. I know many preferred RH in the role but Todd needed to be on the canvas even if RH didn't want to be.

• Theresa_Fan
    replied
    I hated Gigi too and loved Stacy

Tea and Todd >> Blair and Todd

Cole and Starr were awful together and making Starr a teen mom was a bad idea. It's still sad GH killed off Cole and the kid, what was her name?

I HATED John McBain with a passion.

Very unpopular: I loved RH as Todd but I loved TSJ as Todd more.

Leave a comment:

• CassadineSon
    replied
    Could not stand the Gigi character AT ALL. That said, I enjoyed Stacy and Kimberly quite a bit.

I even go on record and say I enjoyed the Clint / Kimberly pairing. Those two actors made it work!

Hated the stories with Jessica and her multiple personalities. No need to retread the excellent Viki stories like that.

Natalie was my fav of Viki’s daughters. I never ever really cared for Jessica. Either actress.

Leave a comment:

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    I agree killing Duke was a mistake. He should just have been written off if TPTB felt the character wasn't working out. Same with Drew.

Rex was unofficially a Buchanan due to his friendship with Bo however making him Clint's son did make things a little awkward.

I thought making David Bo's son was actually a good idea as it gave David more depth. He no longer was just Dorian's himbo husband.

I am curious why TPTB never thought to bring CJ back. Perhaps with John Loprieno and the various actresses playing Tina off canvas, they felt there would be something lacking. It was a mystery what happened to him. His existence was still acknowledged but he was never shown - always an excuse as to why he wasn't there

In regards to Kevin, Dena Higley really messed with Kevin to the point that TPTB felt the need to drop the character claiming 'focus groups" didn't like him. If there was something else behind the scenes that led to Dan Gauthier's departure, I know not of it. He came back for Asa's funeral and slipped back into the role like a glove so there was no real excuse to keep him away.

After recasting the role so many times, If Dan was unavailable TPTB probably felt they should let the character be.

• PANTISHA1
    replied
    Never liked Gigi thought she ruined Rex. And making David and Rex Buchanan’s was stupid! Should have brought back real Buchanan’s like CJ and Kevin. Should never have killed Duke.

Leave a comment:

• rexjdk@msn.com
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post

I agree with you. I hated Clint being a bad guy.
    I did not like that they made him bad but JVD was awesome at it.

Leave a comment:

• PANTISHA1
    replied
    Adrianna needed more to do. So much potential to develop a new generational rivalry with her versus The Buchanan twins!!!

Leave a comment:

• Humira
    commented on 's reply
    JaySherman wow, thank you so much for that insight on Nathan Purdee and the Gannons! I really love hearing/reading the behind the scenes stuff. Yes, the end of the Gannons was right. It really is a shame when we look back and can see the actual shifts from one creative team to another. To be honest, I was not aware of this kind of stuff back then because I was only a teen and just kind of noticed someone I liked was gone or had changed drastically. Then a few years later and after spending time online, you just kind of learn about writers and producers and how they affect things.

• Ginuwine
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronson View Post
    Making Clint a bad guy. I know with the passing of Asa Buchanan (and Phil Carey), they needed someone to stir things up but what they did to Clint was awful.
    I agree with you. I hated Clint being a bad guy.

Leave a comment:

• ILoveBizzie
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to see someone else enjoyed her!

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    I agree there was no reason for Keri to go crazy. The storyline was pretty bad and signalled the end of the Gannons on the show until Rachel reappeared near the end of the shows run

I don't understand the objection fans had to Addie being cured. I can understand Dorian's initial reaction as Melinda went off the deep end but returned after getting the right medicine (played by Sharon Gabet). She left Llanview (Gabet was dropped by Paul Rauch with no explanation and no proper exit after a few years) and lost what sanity she had gained. That would explain why Dorian feared Addie would relapse but Kelly's introduction appeared to show no indication she ever knew her mom had that moment of sanity (as her father is believed to be a character who appeared on the show before Gabet took on the role).

Addie's mental change didn't entirely change the character - it allowed Addie to do more. I appreciated the conversation Dorian and Addie had after Blair was stabbed and in ICU. Addie thanked Dorian for taking care of Blair when she couldn't.

Nathan Purdee made some interesting comments regarding the Gannons and his run - the first being that he appeared cleancut while Timothy Stickney had to have dreads playing "evil" RJ as if dreadlocks indicated a character was trouble or bad. He also noted how the quality of his airtime diminished over the years. He and Timothy Stickney were treated poorly by previous regimes and it says a lot that they both came back under Valentini to reintroduce Rachel as played by Daphnee Duplaix. It's unfortunate that TPTB over Frank and Ron screwed with that good will and told Frank to release Daphnee from the show.

• JCmojoe81
    commented on 's reply
    she was entertaining! I agree with this

• ILoveBizzie
    replied
    My unpopular OLTL opinion is that I loved Stacy!

Leave a comment:

• Humira
    replied
    Addie recovered from her mental illness was a delight. I loved that story and all the interactions PPW had during those few scenes. I know a lot of my old soap friends absolutely hated this development. I loved it. The scenes with her daughter Blair, with sister Dorian, and the rest of the Cramer women was so heartfelt and meaningful after all those years of being an afterthought and occasional family member.

I hated how they made Keri crazy. It was so rare to see a black family getting so much airtime, and I loved the addition of Keri. I loved her one or two scenes with Rachel, two educated black women. I loved the layers added to RJ. I loved the Gannon family. Anyway, I was so over her "sacrifice" for the propping up of Jessica and Antonio. What a joke.
    Last edited by Humira; November 1, 2020, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X