Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpopular Opinion about OLTL storylines.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humira
    commented on 's reply
    But...Carlotta's flan....

• Bronson
    replied
    RJ and Layla did deserve better.

It was bad enough that they destroyed the character of Victor Lord but bringing him back was ridiculous.

I know that pairings are a part of soaps but the worst to me were, Herb Callison dating Judith Sanders, who prosecuted his stepdaughter Cassie and later is ex wife. Also, Carlotta dating Hank Gannon who tried to prosecute her son and of course Clint and Nora.

Making Clint a bad guy. I know with the passing of Asa Buchanan (and Phil Carey), they needed someone to stir things up but what they did to Clint was awful.

I believe that if OLTL had lasted, they probably would have given Natalie a split personality.

I agree that the writers dumbed down Langston and Adriana which was a shame.

I liked Mel Hayes and hates seeing him go. His mother and daughter however, I was glad to see them go.
    Last edited by Bronson; November 2, 2020, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PANTISHA1
    replied
    Hated how they misused Evangeline. Keri was also written in a character. RJ deserves better too. Layla should have been more than a side character.

Hated Antonio and especially his pairing with Jessica!

Leave a comment:

• DEELUVSTONY
    replied
    I just want to co-sign on with the posters who didn't like how Evangeline was written out and how the show could have better utilized Van and Layla. But the joke was on OLTL since they both have gone onto bigger and better things! Similarly Sherri Saum who played Kerri I really hate that Kerry was killed off the way that she was and the Antonio/Jess/Kerry story made me dislike Antonio and Jess two characters I liked initially but not unlike Tika and REG, Sherri has done quite well since leaving OLTL.

Leave a comment:

• SamDeanLover1
    replied
    Hate hate hate Natalie, Gigi, Jack, the whole bullying storyline. He should of been shot. Love Rex and Adriana should have been married Gigi deserves that punch. Brody is an ass for screwing Natalie, lying about a baby that wasn't his

Leave a comment:

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    "Viki and that retired military guy." = Viki and Sloan. It was a forced pairing that ended lasting much longer than planned when Clint Ritchie had an accident on his ranch with a tractor. Clint was sidelined for an extended period and the show had to stretch out the storyline longer than they wanted to.

• CassadineSon
    replied
    Didn’t like:

Viki and that retired military guy. No chemistry.

Rex as a Buchanan.

Remember the Ralston family, especially Euphemia? Every time I saw her, I just thought “Dark Shadows”.

Gigi - that character was a total flop for me.

DID LIKE:

Eterna!

Viki’s trip to ‘heaven’.

Almost all things Viki and Dorian.

Leave a comment:

• Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Looking back at my post, I think I meant to say I loved Todd and Carly together.

O_Snap! See, I had no problem with that story because I was always under the impression that Hope (and Cole) weren't dead. The stage was set for it to be the case (no bodies being found being the main reason).

I assumed the plan was to bring Starr to Port Charles, have her "lose" her child and SO for the sake of the drama (the whole Sonny was to blame, Todd trying to get revenge angle). Have Starr settle in Port Charles with Michael. I think Ron and Frank were banking Prospect Park not working out and going full on out with a hybrid soap. Cole and Hope eventually showing up on a possible Michael and Starr wedding day.

I even responded to a Kristen Alderson tweet on the story and I'm under the impression that she too either thought or knew that was the eventual llan
    Last edited by Luke; July 27, 2020, 03:43 PM.

• O_Snap!
    commented on 's reply
    I loved Todd Manning on GH. I do hate the fact that they killed he and Blair's grandbaby to make that happen, though.

• katya2032
    commented on 's reply
    Stephen Markle and Laura Koffman were fired by Jill Farren Phelps, the soap killer.

• JCmojoe81
    replied
    anything relating to John McBain. Loved ME on Port Charles, but I was not into John McBain at all. Probably my least favorite character that stuck around for awhile in the latter years of OLTL. Other characters I liked less (like the Fords for instance) but they came and went....John McBain came, stayed and planted roots. Never took to the character

Leave a comment:

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    Killing off Mel, Gabrielle and Al were huge mistakes. Gabrielle and Al were reportedly killed off as TPTB at the time wanted to eliminate the Holdens (did they have Bob Guza as a mentor for that?) I don't recall the rational for killing off Mel but I think it may have had something to do with trying to get rid of Robin Strasser. After a period of time of blaming Viki for Mel's death she left town when Robin Strasser quit the show.

I agree on Evangeline and Layla. Evangeline deserved more than to be thrown in a coma and have an offscreen death although from what I understand the show took the path for her death because fans indicated they wouldn't accept a recast. It was ABC's fault for failing to acknowledge REG's worth to keep her on the show. The TPTB were being super cheap around the time she left and she rightly told them she wasn't interested when they lowballed her.

Tika Sumpter has shown she has a lot of talent and can even carry a show (she is one of the leads on The Haves and Have Nots). It seemed the show didn't know what to do with her, probably because Brian Frons was pushing his favorites - he was toxic to the show.

No offense to Michael Easton but I really never saw John McBain's appeal. Everyone seemed to want him.

I was fine with Natalie, Star and Cole as well as Clint morphing into Asa. In regards to Clint, I went back and watched some old shows on YT and he was a bit Asa-ish back then. It would make sense that a son would take on their father's traits - especially as Clint ran BE before Asa died and had to take a bigger role afterwards.

I understood the "rapemance" intention but I can see why people would be upset with how far it went.

I actually like Natalie and was happy the show made her and Jessica twins. With Kevin and Joey out of the picture (which shouldn't have happened), Jessica needed a sibling on canvas. I think the intent may have been to mirror Viki/Tina in Jessica/Natalie (unexpected sisters one blonde and one redhead)

And I completely agree regarding tossing Brody aside for Ford. The focus groups may have though Ford was "hot" but it made sense for Brody and Jessica to be together. Based on how Ron wrote things, I got the impression he wanted them together but was pushed to connect Jessica and Ford. Remember when Jessica lost her memory and then got it all back in a rush - it was all Brody.

• JaySherman
    commented on 's reply
    The Victor Lord lives storyline was a HUGE clunker. Malone and Griffith's previous story made Victor Lord irredeemable so to bring him back had no legs. Had Victor survived he would be a pariah in town and Viki had long gotten closure from what happened. Todd confronting his father changed nothing so it was a non starter and there were no scenes with Victor and Tina either. I appreciated when Ron tried to ret-con the resurrection away by having them doubt it was Victor.

Lee Halpern's resurrection was a misfire because there was no tie back to the original story. No one mentioned "hey, let's call Mari Lynn and let her know" nor was there any scenes between Lee and her daughter. Lee Patterson had already passed on so Tom Dennison couldn't make an appearance but even if Tammy Ammerson wasn't available, why not recast and have Mari Lynn either mourn or reconnect with her mom.

I know many would like to forget Eterna although others enjoyed it. S Michael Schnessel really enjoyed these odd stories and I think OLTL started tanking in the ratings because he was gone (reportedly passed away) with the writers replacing him having no clear path. I did hate how Viki only had a few years with Megan before she died. While I understand Jessica Tuck's desire to leave, I wish they would have kept her alive and let her say move away from Llanview.

I did actually kinda enjoy the Two Todds and Irene's resurrection. Had OLTL not been cancelled, TSJ might have stuck around and the story continued. The reboot tried to revisit it but did a horrible job with the characters (except for Tea) acting like "Victor" had gone to the store for milk and not come back, not come back from the dead.

• taramartin
    commented on 's reply
    Loved Starr, Cole was kind of a loser.

• llanviewlover
    replied
    Here are a few of the biggest clunkers in my opinion:

Bringing Victor Lord back from the dead in the 2000s, decades after viewers watched him die in the hospital and even after his body had been exhumed when Dorian went on trial for his murder in the 1990s.

The same with rewriting Lee Halpern's death, which we witnessed on screen when her daughter shot her as she struggled with Donald Lamarr, It was a twist that made no sense and served no purpose.

That time they recast Joey and turned him into a priest -- so out of character for him after witnessing all of this sexcapades with Dorian and then her niece Kelly.

While I enjoyed the character of Megan, the story around her forgotten birth made little sense, especially writing that Larry helped deliver the child and then said nothing for decades.

Turning Irene Manning into some super spy who faked her death even though viewers saw her die in the 70s also was dumb. However, I did love that they brought back Roger Howarth as the original Todd and turned the other Todd into his brother (if memory is correct), so we'll call that one even.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X