Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not a oltl reunion?

I watched the AMC reunion and it got me to wondering why not a OLTL reunion? AMC gets all the hype but if I remember correctly, AMC was the lowest rated soap out of the 3 on ABC. I try to support all soaps but I thought OLTL was so much better than AMC. Would love to see them get some press.

AMC overall had better ratings than OLTL, OLTL overtook them at times, and beat them during the final few months but overall in the grande scheme of things AMC was the ratings winner.

I think AMC just had a higher profile cast with stories that made bigger news than OLTL combined with the overall ratings.
    AMC had Erica Kane as a household name...OLTL, while popular, didn't have the same recognition.

Just my two cents, I enjoyed both shows immensely, and would absolutely watch both a OLTL reunion and certainly a revival should a miracle happen!
    JC
    Moderator, AMC & OLTL Forum
    soapcentral.com
    Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

PCharles I agree with you. I think One life to live should have a reunion. All my children and one life to live should be brought back.
      ​​​​​

Comment

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        I think OLTL & AMC should still be on but, Sony & the mouse will never let that happen. SAD

I've always heard OLTL was viewed as the red headed step-child of ABC daytime. I know as a kid, my mom watched Ryan's Hope & AMC and my older sisters watched GH. I was the only one in the family to really watch OLTL once I became old enough to exercise any control over the tv.

Comment

OLTL is my all time favorite. I watched all 3 ABC soaps for decades then started watching CBS & NBC after OLTL and AMC were cancelled. Would really love a OLTL reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by PCHARLES View Post
          I watched the AMC reunion and it got me to wondering why not a OLTL reunion? AMC gets all the hype but if I remember correctly, AMC was the lowest rated soap out of the 3 on ABC. I try to support all soaps but I thought OLTL was so much better than AMC. Would love to see them get some press.
          No. AMC is more popular than OLTL and AMC was usually higher rated than OLTL. Sure, OLTL would beat AMC at times, but AMC was/is more popular and often times had higher ratings. From what I understand, GH was No.1, then AMC was No.2 and OLTL was No. 3.

I like both AMC and OLTL but AMC is my all-time favorite. That being said, it's not a competition. I would love to see both AMC and OLTL reunions. We don't have to put down one soap to boost another one.
          Last edited by Ginuwine; February 13th, 2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• PCHARLES
            PCHARLES commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree it is not a competition. Thats why I said I try to support all the soaps. I would love to have both back.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a OLTL reunion! Miss my Llanview family.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginuwine View Post

No. AMC is more popular than OLTL and AMC was usually higher rated than OLTL. Sure, OLTL would beat AMC at times, but AMC was/is more popular and often times had higher ratings. From what I understand, GH was No.1, then AMC was No.2 and OLTL was No. 3.

I like both AMC and OLTL but AMC is my all-time favorite. That being said, it's not a competition. I would love to see both AMC and OLTL reunions. We don't have to put down one soap to boost another one.
            From Cancelation annuncement in April 2011 til the final ABC Eppy on Jan 13 2012, OLTL got better ratings than GH and AMC in Key Demos

Comment

• PCHARLES
              PCHARLES commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats the way I remembered it, but wasn't sure. I always thought GH was the lowest rated soap. Watching it now, I can understand why.

Originally posted by appleridge View Post

From Cancelation annuncement in April 2011 til the final ABC Eppy on Jan 13 2012, OLTL got better ratings than GH and AMC in Key Demos
            Okay, but I'm talking about overall or in general, not just during that time. In general/overall, both GH and AMC are more popular and higher rated than OLTL.

Comment

Well I loved and still love my red headed stepchild. For me I felt that OLTL was better written and acted than AMC and it was and is certainly superior to GH. I watched AMC once upon a time and I watch GH although not regularly anymore. It's just bad, I mean BAAAAAD.
              OLTL will always be my all time fave daytime drama.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X