Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you team Natalie or team Jessica?

They always seemed to pit the twins against each other. Who were you rooting for? I always rooted for Jessica. I couldn't stand Natalie, and I was rooting for Tess when she went after Natalie and Jared after Jared was responsible for Nash's death.
    Jessica
    64.29%
    Natalie
    35.71%

I echo your sentiments EXACTLY. I was never a fan of Natalie. There was never a time that I cared for her or about her or any storyline she was a part of. She came off way too entitled,

As far as Jessica, it took time for me for me to see Bree come into her own, but I was always a fan of the character. Loved Erin's portrayal... And once Bree could invent something of her own- Tess- pitting the two against each other just made that selfishness and entitlement all the more apparent in the Natalie character.

Smh Natalie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment

I chose Natalie not because I thought she was perfect but I got so sick of Jessica getting a free pass for letting Tess out to try and blow up Jarend and Natalie) Tess who did not give a hoot about Bree (all she cared about was Ryder, Ford and hurting Vickie and the rest of her family.)

Comment

Jessica. I never liked Natalie and like the OP I totally rooted for Tess when she was trying to take out Natalie and Jared.

Comment

• Jeromona
          Jeromona commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't watch that storyline, but I also definitely think they began to go too far with Jess' alters. It seemed as if they were trying to recapture the iconic DID story of the mid-90's. I only believe Bree as Tess. Didn't like the road they traveled with Bess (a nod to Jean Randolph) and whoever else followed. (Wasn't there a boy, ala Vicky's Tommy??)

Yes his name was Wes. At that point he was the only one of the four that I could stand.

Comment

Obviously, Natalie! Was sick of princess Jessica and her snooty attitude. Natalie wasn't raised with a silver spoon in her mouth...Jessica was a spoiled little rich brat yet, Natalie always had to depend on and defend herself. The whole "Jessica's alters" seemed to be the only thing the writers could come up with to redeem her erratic behavior. Oh, btw, Jared pushed Nash because Nash threatened Natalie... JMO

Comment

I actually liked both of them. I loved Nash and Jess and Jared and Nat. They both had their faults. However, i will say for the most part Natalie couldnt hide behind an illness for the bad things she did. But i couldnt help but like Jessica regardless of her having an illness to be her scapegoat and i hate those type of characters i like the orginally jessica and bree jessica. I loved her relationship with RH Todd it was cute!

Comment

• SamandWillowFan
              SamandWillowFan commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't watch when Erin Torpey played Jessica, so I only ever knew Bree's Jessica. I do think the writers started to rely on the alters too much as a storytelling device, but I always felt sympathy for Jessica when her alters came out. It's not like trivial things caused the alters to emerge. Her being molested is what caused Tess to develop, then Nash died, and then she learned that her sister slept with Brody and that Ryder wasn't his.

I didn't really like Jessica after Erin Torpey left. But I voted Jessica because I remember how much I hated Natalie during the intro story in 2001/2002 when she was just downright nasty to Jessica with the help of Allison Perkins. It was around the time Kelly left too, which would have had Jessica's back but poor Jessica (and Viki) were targeted for months with no end. I started to lean towards Natalie during the later years when Jessica/Tess/Bess was going down and well things went of the rails in more ways than I can put into words at this point. I loved both Erin Torpey and Bree Williamson as Jessica for very different reasons, and I love Melissa Archer as well.

Comment

I like them both, I always had a soft spot for Jessica, but wasnt team one or the other, I rooted for them both
              JC
              Moderator, AMC & OLTL Forum
              soapcentral.com
              Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Empress View Post
                I didn't really like Jessica after Erin Torpey left. But I voted Jessica because I remember how much I hated Natalie during the intro story in 2001/2002 when she was just downright nasty to Jessica with the help of Allison Perkins. It was around the time Kelly left too, which would have had Jessica's back but poor Jessica (and Viki) were targeted for months with no end. I started to lean towards Natalie during the later years when Jessica/Tess/Bess was going down and well things went of the rails in more ways than I can put into words at this point. I loved both Erin Torpey and Bree Williamson as Jessica for very different reasons, and I love Melissa Archer as well.
                I liked Erin Torpey as Jess and when Bree took over, she did a good job but they manufactured too much story for Jess that had no basis in history.

They never explained why Niki, who hated Jessica's kids (none of her alters cared for the kids), would drag Jessica to a bar where she ended up getting molested by Norman Leeds. Dena Higley I think was the only head writer Erika Slezak felt the need to speak up against which most likely contributed to Dena's contract not being renewed.

Too much of Jessica's storyline revolved around an alter she never should have had in the first place if Viki/Niki had been written in character and that drama created pointless drama with Natalie.

Melissa Archer did well as Natalie and while there were some mis-steps (mostly due to the DID nonsense), I liked her.

Comment

• Emerald Empress
                  Emerald Empress commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for this post! It really unpacks some of the details behind my negative feelings about the Jessica character post 2001/Erin Torpey. It's no longer fresh in my mind so it's hard for me to get into it without doing research. The DID stories were overplayed by that point and that they continued to reuse it in the years to come just turned it into a joke for me (and I did have a good laugh much of the time). Viki's story in the 90s should have been it.

Originally posted by SamandWillowFan View Post
                They always seemed to pit the twins against each other. Who were you rooting for? I always rooted for Jessica. I couldn't stand Natalie, and I was rooting for Tess when she went after Natalie and Jared after Jared was responsible for Nash's death.
                i see this new poll and i was just tellin my bestie kaitlyn, welp, it's um already unanimous sweet cute pretty jessica, is the winner! LOL

my BFF can't stand jess 1/2 of the time, but know i love her. LOL so she would've chose nat. where i prefer and always #teamjessicabuchanan

Comment

I always found Jessica to be a bit self-righteous. Never really cared for either actress that played her. Team Natalie all the way!

Comment

Jessica I Hated Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                      I always found Jessica to be a bit self-righteous. Never really cared for either actress that played her. Team Natalie all the way!
                      i did savy tab like (only sometimes/at times natalie) i did.
                      but i just love jess or as viki call her lovely daughter affectionally "jesse." but i hear ya.

Greta...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeromona View Post
                        I echo your sentiments EXACTLY. I was never a fan of Natalie. There was never a time that I cared for her or about her or any storyline she was a part of. She came off way too entitled,

As far as Jessica, it took time for me for me to see Bree come into her own, but I was always a fan of the character. Loved Erin's portrayal... And once Bree could invent something of her own- Tess- pitting the two against each other just made that selfishness and entitlement all the more apparent in the Natalie character.

Smh Natalie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
                        I agree, I did not care for Natalie. I really likrd Jess and loved Tess

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X