Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch Laurence - Best Daytime Villain Ever

I've been watching old clips of Mitch from 2002, some from 1985-86 when he first came to the show, and I can't stop rewatching his 2012 return, particularly on New Years Eve when the power outage took place; at Llanfair, Natalie saw Mitch and screamed bloody murder. Mitch grabs her and manhandles her. He looks great in his stolen Stateville Prison guard's uniform! Don't even get me started on that little Clint vs. Mitch part where those two old men are fighting over the gun until he smashed it over Clint's back, knocking him out. My other favorite Mitch scenes were Todd Manning vs. Mitch Laurence in 2002... in one scene Todd came to his house to blow him away until Jess stopped him. I remember a long, long time ago, Todd shot someone on stage and when Bo tried to question him about it he tried to say Mitch did it. I seen that clip a VERY long time ago on YouTube.

I love Roscoe Born, and his portrayal of Mitch Laurence. Mitch was the best villain daytime soaps has ever had! I remember people kept calling Mitch so evil that he was basically The Devil himself in human form. Roscoe Born is so sexy when he's portraying evil, and in that prison guard uniform. For one non-important reason though, i also love the fact that Roscoe Born was the only actor to ever portray Mitch since the character first came to the scene in 1985.

Sometimes though, a much younger version of Roscoe Born reminds me of his time on Santa Barbara as Robert. I watched those clips on YouTube too. Too bad Natalie and John killed him, he PROBABLY would've been great to have on the OLTL online series, the only good thing about it, or even on General Hospital.

There are rumors on the GH board and around the Internet that Mitch might be resurrected for an upcoming cult storyline on GH.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me.....they cancelled OLTL but they'll use it's characters to try and save their pet soap......disgusting and a slap in the face to OLTL fans!!!

Comment

It's just a rumor about Mitch heading GH's new cult and the diehard GH fans are already having a fit not wanting anymore OLTL characters there. I'm like "calm down, it's just rumors started by Mitch Laurence fans." I personally commented on that forum jokingly that I would love to see Mitch and Allison there.

Anyway, as disgusting and creepy as Mitch was I could never look away when he was on. He was one of OLTL's best villains and I was mesmerized. LOL, just like one of his cult members. YIPES!!! It was the superb acting by Roscoe Borne that pulled me in.

Comment

In my time of watching OLTL (early September 1990 to the end, my experience with Mitch was limited. He certainly was evil.

That said. my all time daytime villain ever was Nicholas Blair on Dark Shadows. I mean, Angelique was absolutely terrified of him so that tells you a lot. Plus
          Humbert Allen Astredo played the role wonderfully.

Mike

Comment

oh he sure was 1 of em...
            One of the GREATEST evil, realistic villain each time he was appearing on and i think yea with the power outage WOW. I agree.
            I think he is a "close tie for ALL TIME greatest STEFANO over in salem, days soap." That is how incredibly nefarious he was, so i would say almost the greatest.

Greta

Comment

Originally posted by JNLrafamily View Post
              Wouldn't surprise me.....they cancelled OLTL but they'll use it's characters to try and save their pet soap......disgusting and a slap in the face to OLTL fans!!!
              IKR.
              smdh
              yep i agree.
              and it is a real slap for sure to us fans SMDH ugh

and when i just even think of mitch? im still in almost 2019 gettin' chills, that is how great he was. i miss one life so much.
              -

Greta

Comment

Originally posted by asoapaddiction View Post

IKR.
                smdh
                yep i agree.
                and it is a real slap for sure to us fans SMDH ugh

and when i just even think of mitch? im still in almost 2019 gettin' chills, that is how great he was. i miss one life so much.
                -

Greta
                Mitch was an evil guy and a great villain...I remember he even tried to steal Natalie's heart to give to her dying Grandpa..at least Natalie got to kill him in the end. lol
                Carlo Hesser was a good villain too

Comment

I've seen a few Mitch Lawrence s/l's . His last one was super dark & creepy, almost crossed the incest line. RB is an actor who plays a good villain. I've seen him on AMC, DOOL, RH, and I'm sure there are more. I think his presence in the Cult s/l would be a shot in the arm for this show.

I don't understand the anger when a soap vet gets booked on GH. OLTL is gone. I miss it. But I like GH too. So I enjoy it when a familiar actor comes on. They're seasoned pros. Roscoe Bourne could be the next recurring villain to fill Faison's shoes.
                  Last edited by Pamcho; December 12th, 2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
                    JNLrafamily commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't want any actor/actress/character from OLTL to be brought to GH!! GH destroyed OLTL & every single actress/actor/character they USED to try to save their pet soap was trashed....NO and JMHO

Pamcho, l so agree! l would love to see Roscoe on GH. He is so great!! And l have no problem seeing OLTL actors on GH or anywhere else, or other show's actors crossing over to another one. Do not understand the problem people have with this.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X