This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best actor on the show?

Who do you thing was the best actor on the show? I understand that it's a hard question to answer since this show had some the best actors out there. Not just in daytime either. It was just a top notch show all around. My would have to be Roger Howarth (with TSJ coming in a close second).

Michael Easton as John McBain, him & Melissa Archer (Natalie Buchanan) had instant chemistry!

Comment

Bob Woods as Bo Buchannon was tops imo.

Comment

RH. DG as kevin, RSW, and TSJ.

women: KDP, ES. RS and GT

Comment

Females were great on this show!!! Let’s not forget Andrea Evans, Fiona Hutchinson, FL/ Tea, GT/Kelly and Catherine Hickland!!!!

Comment

Males —Bo, Max, Asa, and early RH Todd. TSJ was great too!!!

Comment

Erika Slezak was phenomenal. I wish she was on one of the tv soaps still airing.

Comment

It's clear the show had some of the best actors out there. Both men and women. For me the best actresses were ES, RS and REG. But there were just so many good ones on this show.
                Last edited by Moore ideas; October 2, 2018, 04:17 PM. Reason: Off topic.

Comment

Asa aka Philip Carey, of course!!!

Comment

• Myra Lester
                    Myra Lester commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And he was quite the handsome man in his day. I saw him on Calamity Jane recently, and....damn....

Roger Howarth, Kassie DePaiva, Erica Slezak, Phil Carey, Jerry Ver Dorn, Robin Strasser, Robert S. Woods, James DePaiva, Hilary B. Smith and so so many more.

Comment

TSJ was my favourite, I thought he was the best actor on OLTL on any soap...just terrific. RH's early stuff...the 90s...was terrific as well.

I loved FL, ES and BW, their performances were always a pleasure to watch.

Comment

• Myra Lester
                      Myra Lester commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That would be my vote, he was really very, very good, although I preferred Howarth's Todd.

Bob Woods, Michael Easton, Roger Howarth

Comment

• shoresense
                      shoresense commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes my three favorites

I agree that the ladies were the real standout performers on OLTL. ES, RS, HBS, KDP. I can think of multiple scenes when these ladies killed it.

As for the men. There are fewer. I agree that TSJ and RoHo could get lazy but the execution scene and the way TSJ played it was awesome and RoHo and Kale Brown's scene in the cabana where Sam almost gets Todd to admit he was sexually abused by his adoptive father are probably my two favorite scenes for these actors. I also remember boo hooing over RSW's performance when Bo's son, Drew was killed.

Comment

• Pinkman
                      Pinkman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I personally wasn’t a fan of RH’s hammier performances in 98. The DID thing was pretty cringeworthy and I do have a problem with the “Todd was sexually abused” rewrite. I thought that was pretty irresponsible given how he raped Marty for entirely different reasons they pretended to play off as “he was mad at his father” years later. I do agree he and Kale Brown played well off each other though. I think a standout scene for RH would be the Belt Scene with KDP. I thought he played anger really well. Having said that, I’ve never really been impressed with his acting since the character “died” in Ireland.

• O_Snap!
                      O_Snap! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      See and I find the Belt scene to be cringeworthy and is one of those things that left a bad taste in my mouth at the time. We all like something different I guess.

• Pinkman
                      Pinkman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh the scenes were definitely disturbing but I thought they are still one of the best examples of how good he used to be anyway.

Robin Strasser and Erika Slezak were exceptional, especially as adversaries in scenes together. Hillary B. Smith, Kassie DePaiva and Florencia Lozano also gave great performances, always.

For the guys, Robert S. Woods and Roger Howarth. (I was heartbroken when RH left the show, and loved him as a villain...but I do agree with others that he may not have been happy with the evolution of his character, and it showed at times in his performance.)

I enjoyed John-Paul Lavoisier and James DePaiva, but for comic relief there was nothing like Tuc Watkins. Some of the most memorable scenes (for me) were David Vicker's shenanigans with Dorian Lord. Priceless.

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
                      [email protected] commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Loved David Vickers too.

• O_Snap!
                      O_Snap! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      David Vickers Buchanan... put some respect on his name LOL

• emilydaze
                      emilydaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      "... put some respect on his name" OH yes, of course, then we should also add... formerly known as David Vickeroshi ;-)

My favorites --- RH Todd especially the early stuff!!!! I like JDP for his charisma! RSW was always good. PC/Asa made it look effortless. TSJ had some great moments. JVD was also a solid actor.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X