Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLTL's Sam actor to GH

Patrick Gibbons is coming to GH. I had forgotten how cute Sam was. I watched some clipson youtube. I thought I would mention it here so I don't drive OLTL haters crazy on the GH board

I loved OLTL but I hate them on GH. And I totally understand and agree with GH fans who resent them. They have absolutely every reason to. Thankfully, PJG is only on for 1 episode. Hope it’s short.

Comment

• LoveMyAMC
      LoveMyAMC commented
      Editing a comment
      OLTL is not on GH. With the exception of Nora (which made sense in that storyline), there hasn't been any OLTL on GH in years. You say you loved OLTL, but call them "OLTL flops". I don't get that. It makes no sense for GH fans to resent an actor because they came from OLTL. Many GH actors came from other soaps. Plus, GH fans are not an exclusive "club". Many GH fans watched both soaps. PJG is not coming as Sam Manning, it won't be a storyline about Sam Manning, he's not going to be a permanent character, he's not going to take over the show. So no, I do not understand the resentment at all. It gives OLTL & OLTL/GH fans a treat in getting to see the kid again. It gives PJG a little exposure, a chance to act again. Hopefully with RH!

LoveMyAMC, if you were a GH fan at all, then you would resent the clear favouritism Frank gives to OLTL people. I say flops because they aren’t doing well on GH even in new parts and the only justification for their continued existence is that they are a friend of Frank. It’s the same thing many people criticized with JFP when she brought on the RappaDavidsons. If an GH EP came to OLTL if it was still on and brought over a dozen actors, revolving the show around them, we would resent it too. The fact is PJG only follows RHx2, KAx2, MEx3, KDP, FL, IK, BW, HBS, TW, and JDP as additions to GH in Frank’s short time as EP. That is a problem and while I consider myself an OLTLFF, I am totally with them in their not wanting more OLTLers populating their already bloated canvas. Like I said, I’m glad PJG is only a guest but his presence isn’t needed at all. Oh and by the way, there are many many many GH fans who didn’t know or like OLTL. If you want OLTL, there’s a site for old episodes. Don’t recreate the show on GH at the expense of their history and characters.

EDIT TO ADD: Nora did not make sense in that crossover either. She was written OOC to fill a role any one of the many GH vets/lawyers could have filled. Fans much rather would have seen Ric than a lawyer most didn’t know or care about from Llanview.

Comment

Sam played (and was basically) a three year old when he was on OLTL. If I were upset about any casting on GH (and I am not) it would not be this one. I am assuming that he will be one of the younger set. He's probably too young to be a recast Spencer so they may be SORAsing another kid.

Comment

I watch GH and Saw Patrick. He played a boy scout or something similar who finds one of the GH characters in a cabin and tied to a bed. I don't know though if it was just for that episode or if he will appear in more. He sure has grown and he isn't wearing his glasses. I wonder if he got to reunite with Roger Howarth. I know he really looked up to him when they were on OLTL.

Comment

• december rose
          december rose commented
          Editing a comment
          So far Franco is not in the Peter story. But I read a spoiler that Franco and the boy scout and Finn (how do those 3 characters end up in the woods together?) are going to be the ones to find Peter.

That will probably upset GH fans. Using the OLTL actors in a story they are not involved in for the sake of putting them together/ This story has been dragging on too long. Add more nonsense to it, it won't be popular.

• MrsDashDunning
          MrsDashDunning commented
          Editing a comment
          I won't mind it just for the sake of seeing Roger and Patrick together again but diehard GH fans WILL poo poo it. I guess this diehard OLTL fan will eat it up.

• Pinkman
          Pinkman commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m already rolling my eyes for his upcoming scenes with Roger. Talk about overrated.

Originally posted by Pinkman View Post
        I say flops because they aren’t doing well on GH even in new parts
        In your opinion. Friz has a fan base. Finn and Hayden did as well. So do Finn and Anna, but lately the writing has been horrible for them.

If an GH EP came to OLTL if it was still on and brought over a dozen actors, revolving the show around them, we would resent it too. The fact is PJG only follows RHx2, KAx2, MEx3, KDP, FL, IK, BW, HBS, TW, and JDP as additions to GH in Frank’s short time as EP.
        LOL! KDP, FL, IK were barely on......YEARS ago. For the life of me, I can't figure out who BW and TW are suppose to be lol. JDP hadn't been on OLTL in years.

Nora did not make sense in that crossover either. She was written OOC to fill a role any one of the many GH vets/lawyers could have filled. Fans much rather would have seen Ric than a lawyer most didn’t know or care about from Llanview.
        There were no GH lawyers that could have filled in. Alexis? Um, no. Remember Valentin killed Nicholas? Diane - Lulu's lawyer. Ric? Doubt Valentin would've hired Nina's ex-husband who tried to swindle her lol. Scotty? Would a rich man hire an ambulance chaser? Valentin was an outsider. Make perfect sense for him to hire an outsider. Story line was about a custody fight. It did not require GH viewers to either know, or care, about a Llanview lawyer.

One thing I will agree with you, Nora was written OOC.

Comment

YEARS ago? Within the past 6 years. That’s the point. About a dozen or so OLTLers. That’s clear nepotism. As far as their “fanbases” lol they as characters are still widely hated by GH fans. With reason too. And this Sam kid is supposed to team up with the other OLTLers next week. GH fans done care about this tongue in cheek reunion. Heck, I loved OLTL and I hate it. And Nora still didn’t make sense. If they couldn’t use one of their many lawyers, they could have made a new character.

Comment

I enjoy seeing the young actor again. He's doing a great job.

I don't get all the resentment about ACTORS from another show/soap joining GH or any show/soap. I wonder if there was a big uproar when Marice B joined GH? Did people get upset because he came from AMC? Lots of actors performed on other shows/soaps; it's always been that way on soaps. I get disliking a fictional character but an actor? It's a gig for them i don't think they get bent out of shape like some fans do. Jmo

Comment

Originally posted by MrsValentine View Post
              I enjoy seeing the young actor again. He's doing a great job.

I don't get all the resentment about ACTORS from another show/soap joining GH or any show/soap. I wonder if there was a big uproar when Marice B joined GH? Did people get upset because he came from AMC? Lots of actors performed on other shows/soaps; it's always been that way on soaps. I get disliking a fictional character but an actor? It's a gig for them i don't think they get bent out of shape like some fans do. Jmo
              If it was the same EP who hired and catered AMC to Mo and 11 more AMCers joined after him, there would be an uproar and it would 100% be justified.

Comment

Pinkman

It may be the opinion of some that the resentment is justified but others like myself just don't take it that seriously. To me they're actors doing their jobs. So its really it's just opinions. Having said that I do respect others opinions; we're all equally entitled to have them.

​​​​​​

Comment

Resentment of actors from other soaps especially OLTL to GH is so unnecessary. Actors cross over all the time. And now with only four soaps left on air it's slim pickins' for these actors. This is their lively hood. So Franck V. knows the work of the OLTL alum and is willing to give them work. We can't control what happens so we could just choose to enjoy it or choose to tune out.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsDashDunning View Post
                    Resentment of actors from other soaps especially OLTL to GH is so unnecessary. Actors cross over all the time. And now with only four soaps left on air it's slim pickins' for these actors. This is their lively hood. So Franck V. knows the work of the OLTL alum and is willing to give them work. We can't control what happens so we could just choose to enjoy it or choose to tune out.
                    So true. They have just as much right to be employed as any other actor.

Comment

To heck with GH then. Let’s just hire every single out of work soap actor there is. *thumbs up*

Comment

It was a borderline day player stint. Getting bent out of shape because of a small role in a handful of episodes is the portrait of scapegoating.

Comment

No scapegoating - he was the 13th OLTLer brought to GH. I’m just glad it’s over now.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X