Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you hate most of the reboot after the alphabet channel cancelled OLTL?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Bo, Vicki and Nora all had airtime. I love those characters to but new characters have to be brought in as well. Bo and Vicki were new once themselves. IMO Soaps stopped building for the future and I think that was (in part) what hurt them.

Comment

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember HATING it when the Buchanens came into town trying to be Dallas in Pennsylvania. I did learn to love them but resent what now I would say was newbies eating up the show

Originally posted by Zeak View Post
    ^Bo, Vicki and Nora all had airtime. I love those characters to but new characters have to be brought in as well. Bo and Vicki were new once themselves. IMO Soaps stopped building for the future and I think that was (in part) what hurt them.
    IMO Bo and Nora did not get nearly enough airtime.

Comment

honestly, I don't think I really hated much about it, but, to be honest, I cannot remember much about it.
      IDK why, I do remember the focus on NuMatthew, but i for some reason do not remember much else. So while I guess I liked it enough to not remember anything bad, it wasn't anything as memorable as the network version.
      JC
      Moderator, AMC Forum
      soapcentral.com
      Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

This is probably just a minor thing no one else really cared about but the one thing i hated the most about the OLTL 2013 reboot was re-casting Destiny. Shenell Edmonds was best in that role and she felt like the best and only actress to play that role. No offense to the other girl they had playing Destiny but IMO they should've either wrote her a completely new, different character or brought back Shenell.

Edited to add:
        The other thing that bothered me was cancelling the show on a cliffhanger with Allison holding a syringe.
        Last edited by OLTLfan4lyfe; 08-13-2018, 03:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something...

Comment

Originally posted by OLTLfan4lyfe View Post
          This is probably just a minor thing no one else really cared about but the one thing i hated the most about the OLTL 2013 reboot was re-casting Destiny. Shenell Edmonds was best in that role and she felt like the best and only actress to play that role. No offense to the other girl they had playing Destiny but IMO they should've either wrote her a completely new, different character or brought back Shenell.

Edited to add:
          The other thing that bothered me was cancelling the show on a cliffhanger with Allison holding a syringe.
          I think Shenell optioned for college. You are right she was the best Destiny but I did come to like Laura just not as much as Shenell!

Comment

^Good to hear Shenell went on to college. I agree with you Rex. I liked both actresses too but Shenell was easily my favorite. She was inexperienced but she grew a lot. Such a joy to watch. I didn't like the pregnancy story though. Loved Ron but I'm not sure why he went there. He had already done it with Starr just a couple years before. But I'm sure Ron would have spun it into gold if the show had stayed on.

Comment

• youngandfan
              youngandfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Had the network version continued, Matthew would have died so Destiny would have been a single mother. I can't remember if it was RC or FV but one of them really hated the Matthew character. It was a PP mandate that he live. They went as far to kill him off but then in the next episode he was revived. Idk why they didn't edit out the ending of that episode. That was a wonderful Thanksgiving that year. We think Matthew is dead and then the day of PP announces they aren't going forward with the continuations so the shows were canceled at that point.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X