Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you hate most of the reboot after the alphabet channel cancelled OLTL?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you hate most of the reboot after the alphabet channel cancelled OLTL?

I absolutely HATED what they did to my Jolie!!! John would NEVER leave Natalie or Liam.....it was total BS!!!!

DanYELLA. They focused WAY too much on her and she was such a bothersome character. I saw nothing appealing about her.

Comment

• Ilar
      Ilar commented
      Editing a comment
      I hated that the stories were not wrapped up. They just stopped in the middle.

I didn't care for her either......she was Todd & Tea's daughter, created by RC so......that's why they focused on her I guess....
    Last edited by JNLrafamily; 06-13-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Right there with you. I could not stand Dani. I hated what they did to Matt and Des and Jolie. And Bo and Nora needed much more airtime!

Comment

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        I would've preferred the original Matt & Des and didn't like what they did to them either.

I hated Dani with a passion. Plus they could have at least made her younger than Jack. I actually liked the reboot it seemed so fresh. I didn't like what they did to John and Natalie thou.

Comment

I couldn't stand Dani or her mother Tea, EVER! The screecher and screecher junior. There was too much Dani on the re boot and I hated that she was Todd's kid, UGH! I also hated John turning out to be a total heel and leaving the woman he loved and his child for a brunette in Port Chuck. That was not John at all (thanks writers, NOT!) Jack sleeping with his teacher was something I didn't care for but it could have led to other story lines. One thing though that made me laugh, in one of the love scenes between Jack and his teacher he still had his socks on, LOL! Otherwise I liked it and it was getting good before it went poof.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
          JNLrafamily commented
          Editing a comment
          Screecher and screecher junior LMAO and that's pretty much all I heard from them too. John was written way OOC and I hated that so much. Didn't care for the Jack and his teacher storyline either but, the scene where he still had his socks on did make me chuckle and SHM at the same time.....I will always be grateful for the reboot because I got to see many favorite characters for a while longer. I miss OLTL

I hated NuMatthew and the way he treated NuDestiny. Original Matthew didn't exactly treat her well, but NuMatthew was a complete tool.

Comment

Originally posted by soapfan6 View Post
          I hated Dani with a passion. Plus they could have at least made her younger than Jack. I actually liked the reboot it seemed so fresh. I didn't like what they did to John and Natalie thou.
          I actually liked the reboot overall too. After the final Cartini years and the crossover catastrophe, it was a definite step up despite it's flaws.

Comment

That horrible opening theme

Comment

Originally posted by WillHorton View Post
              That horrible opening theme
              Oh yeah i didnt care for that opening either. Lol. I felt super cheesy

Comment

I thought the not so teen scene of Dani, Matthew, Destiny, and their random Mary Sue friend played by the HSM actor were definitely definitely hard to watch. The "let's make them all hot" angle just didn't work for me. I actually liked the character of Destiny on the ABC version and that wasn't Destiny. I also don't think we needed a retread of Dani and Matthew. It was hard watching that the first time. it didn't work any better this time.

Bo and Nora were criminally misused. Did they even address if Bo was still a police officer? Who knows... Nora being a radio jockey was just stupid. Though, GH's use of her has been more insulting.

Then there was the PP mandate of "no bringing people back from the dead" and yet Victor was brought back from the dead.

It seemed like they were trying really hard to write in the style of RC. When they really should have been trying to just focus on writing good stories and remember what people actually liked about OLTL. Not what it had become in the last few years.

Comment

The opening... It was meh. Some of the portions were good like Bora, TnB, Cliki but others were just awkward like the "teen scene" and Tea and Jack. The thing that bothered me most about it was the theme. It didn't fit OLTL at all IMO.

^^^ technically PP didn't bring Victor "back from the dead" as he was revealed alive at the end of ABC's run.

Another thing that really bothered me were the doors and how they opened the opposite way. Major pet peeve. All that being said, I still preferred it over Cartini's OLTL.

Comment

Snoop Dog wrote the opening and I would've preferred the original OLTL opening too but, it was what it was...Victor wasn't killed off, he was being held captive by AP (as stated above). There are several things that were different(which didn't sit well w/me) BUT, there were so many characters to still enjoy....I still miss OLTL every day.....

Comment

Wow, so hard to remember...Matthew and Destiny, I guess. They didn't seem to resemble their characters from the original run, not just looks, I mean personality wise.

I do remember thinking it didn't hold a candle to ABC's OLTL, any year it aired, maybe if they gave them time to find their footing it would have gotten better.

Comment

OLTL was the #1 soap when stupid ABC cancelled it....and those idiots did their best to destroy the reboot because they realized their mistake...... the alphabet channel even hired RC &FV for GH to further destroy OLTL and I just can't/won't support that BS!!!

Comment

• rexjdk@msn.com
                          rexjdk@msn.com commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes the alphabet channel destroyed OLTL twice. The blame lies squarely on their idiotic shoulders.

• JNLrafamily
                          JNLrafamily commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep, they destroyed OLTL "on air" finale hea's and continued their destruction by interfering with the reboot. The alphabet channel gets ALL the blame as far as I'm concerned!!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X