Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 -- Heartbreak

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012 -- Heartbreak

    OMG, 2012 was a heartbreaking time for me how many others miss our beloved OLTL?

  • #2
    I still miss OLTL everyday.

    Comment


    • #3
      I miss OLTL but not the Ron C years. Those years were unwatchable. I miss the late 80's/early 90's era. I wish we could get back to those years in daytime period.

      OLTL started going downhill around 1996 and just never seemed to recover from the loss of viewers.

      Comment


      • #4
        I miss the late 80s and early 90s too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Megan's death was heartbreak and so many others

          Comment


          • #6
            Absolutely. I will always be "Todd's Girl."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Doll Is Mine View Post
              I miss OLTL but not the Ron C years. Those years were unwatchable. I miss the late 80's/early 90's era. I wish we could get back to those years in daytime period.

              OLTL started going downhill around 1996 and just never seemed to recover from the loss of viewers.
              Same. Cancellation was actually like a relief because Cartini killed OLTL (and would continue to do so on GH). Early to mid 90s were the best. 97 started going downhill for me. I likes bits of the early 00s but I hated it when it became the John McBain and Todd Manning hour with Gigi and Tea.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nightrocker View Post
                Megan's death was heartbreak and so many others
                Megan's death doesn't get enough recognition as a classic soap opera moment or storyline. That was so well done and it really cemented Linda Gottlieb/Michael Malone as a brilliant EVP/Head Writer combo, and one of the best duos in soap history.

                Most people remember the other stuff Gottlieb/Malone did like Marty's rape, Billy Douglas' homophobia/quilt day, Nora & Bo's 60's style wedding, but Megans' death to me was their most amazing accomplishment.

                I remember her death was part of a week of television where one by one her loved ones would enter her hospital room to say goodbye, while flashbacks from older episodes were shown to emphasizer her relationship with each character. Viki's visit broke my heart, also Andrew Carpenter who loved Megan was such a tearjerker but nothing will ever match the moment Jake Harrison had finally arrived and carried her to the window so she can see the tree he planted for her. She then died in his arms. I got goosebumps just typing that.

                We just don't get stuff like that on soaps anymore.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Pinkman View Post

                  Same. Cancellation was actually like a relief because Cartini killed OLTL (and would continue to do so on GH). Early to mid 90s were the best. 97 started going downhill for me. I likes bits of the early 00s but I hated it when it became the John McBain and Todd Manning hour with Gigi and Tea.
                  For me, the show started jumping the shark when the EVP who replaced Linda Gottlieb (I believe it was Jill Farren Phelps) started destroying the show's beloved characters. She introduced the Rappaports and that was the end of it. Nora cheated on Bo with Sam and that was when things looked bleak for OLTL. Nora would never ever ever ever cheat on Bo. Then we got forcefed Sam's horrible son and daughter and his ex-wife Lindsay.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I actually liked Jill better than Labine

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rexjdk@msn.com View Post
                      I still miss OLTL everyday.
                      Me too......................

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, miss it everyday

                        At the time it went off the air, it was the best soap ABC was airing, I loved it!!!!

                        I still have episodes on my DVR and a stack of dvds and vhs tapes to convert. Not as much AMC stuff to convert, but some. I couldn't hit my ff button fast enough when a Chew lady showed up on GH yesterday

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Megan’s death remains the most heartbreaking sl for me( along with Delia’s on Y&R)
                          I literally cried buckets over Megan’s last days. Daytimes decline started some time after that golden time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I still remember the Hearts outside Megan's window and Jake . I was Sad the whole weekend

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Nightrocker View Post
                              I still remember the Hearts outside Megan's window and Jake . I was Sad the whole weekend
                              OMG, the hearts!!! That's right. She was holding one and it fell out of her hand when she died. So sad.

                              Do you guys remember what the hearts symbolized? I remember they were hung all over the tree.

                              Comment

                              Google Matched Content

                              Collapse

                              Bottom of Page

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X