X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Otter1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2007

Here comes my Daniel and Sinead rant...from the jump I have never felt anything sincere between these two characters. Affection maybe, but love? No. I have been counting down the minutes from the moment they got together when Daniel would eventually cheat. The two characters, imo, are completely mismatched. Sinead, even whilst dying, is not enough for him. Every concern Ken had was correct because Ken recognizes in Daniel the same qualities in himself. On top of the mismatch in intellect, interests and worldview, the way they speak to each other is not good. And Sinead has always been this way with Daniel - the Christmas scene was just a bit full on in the presence of others. I have barely paid attention to watching Sinead die because I find her relationship with Daniel so hollow - he didn't know she played the clarinet? Even before the cancer, did they talk to one another? It would appear not. When Chesney visited, you could feel his connection to Sinead and his care for her. If we were watching Chesney and Sinead right now...I'd be bawling. Sigh... Rant over.

As for Daniel and Bethany...the actors have a ton more chemistry than Daniel and Sinead. If he'd met her before Sinead, I would be quite supportive of them. But as it stands, Daniel has now basically cheated on his dying wife...and Ken knows. Even if Sinead dies peacefully without knowing Daniel kissed Bethany (and she kissed him back), how can they get together? And Daniel admitted he kissed her because he knew Bethany liked him and he took advantage of that intentionally to make himself feel better in the moment. Audrey called that a mile away! There could have been a very sweet story here after Sinead's death, but now Bethany and Daniel are quite tainted for me. Sigh...

Comment

• Padfoot
      Padfoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Meant for my following post to be a comment. Not sure why it went as a seperate post!

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, Otter1 .. I've never felt Daniel & Sinead really loved each other.
      But .. I'm not a Sinead fan .. so .. I thought my bias may have prevented me from seeing "true love".

Sinead's death storyline is very sad .. but .. truth be told .. I won't miss the character.
  • Padfoot
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2006

Like x 100

I really don't know why they put Sinead with Daniel and Gemma with Chesney.

Couldn't agree more that Daniel and Bethany could have been a sweet story after Sinead's death but now it's tainted.

Comment

• Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Dec 2006

Daniel & Bethany .. Sigh ..

Comment

• Otter1
        Otter1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I completely agree, Holly.
    • Sace
      Day Player
      • May 2018

Should I recognize the new inmate? David seemed...upset to see him? Despite watching all these months I still feel like there are gaps in my information.

Oop... Never mind
      Last edited by Sace; November 2, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
        Soap Addict
        • Mar 2004

Just caught up on this week's episodes and I AM bawling my eyes out - so don't know what I'll be like when Sinead goes. IA with SOME of the comments above; I was never a Sinead fan nor did I think she & Daniel were a good pairing initially. But they have sort of grown on me. Regardless, Katie McGlynn is doing a h...l of a job with this sl. When she first came on the show I would never have thought she had it in her.

IA with the comment that any future pairing for Daniel with Bethany is now tainted. I'm really sorry that they did this. And more than sorry that Sinead had to know and deal with this on her death bed. Nothing stays a secret on Coronation St. so it was a given that it would remain only be Ken who knew, but again I'm sorry they went this route. Daniel will need all the support he can get and practically everyone knowing will perhaps colour their feelings towards him- to some degree anyway. This story is emotional enough - so putting this into the mix was over the top and unnecessary IMO.

The couple of scenes with Kirk and the baby were so sweet and touching. Sweet Kirky can be surprising at times, and it was him who came up with the Christman idea.

Could have done without so many prison scenes!!

A poster above said how they really wanted the Geoff sl to end - so do I; it's sort of freaking me out. I like that Alya is sticking to her guns re him getting a share in the restaurant, but if Zeedan agreed is there anything she can do? When is Yasmeen going to wake up but right now it seems it will take something major - whatever, I hope it's before he get his grubby paws on a piece of the restaurant.
        Last edited by Jupiter Jane; November 3, 2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Holly99
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Dec 2006

I the Tinker/Sutherland clan.

Kirky has been a fave character of mine since he arrived on the cobbles.
          Beth & Kirky are such a caring, loving couple.

I still have my fingers crossed for Craig Tinker & Emma Brooker-McDonald to become a couple.

Speaking of Emma .. I wonder if TPTB are planning to bring Jim McDonald back to the cobbles to meet his new granddaughter ?

Comment

• chrob61
            Board Regular
            • Jun 2005

I'm still wondering where in the heck is Sinead's mother? Didn't she show up for the cancelled wedding with Chesney?

Also, I feel bad for poor Bethany, she can't catch a break and now the whole street knows that she kissed Daniel.

Comment

• Otter1
              Otter1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I find myself having trouble feeling sorry for Bethany. She seems to only like men who are unavailable. One day, the show should tackle her "Daddy" issues, because she clearly has them. As for Daniel...he could have found another way to be chivalrous. By defending Bethany, she's just going to be more attached to him and he is completely unavailable (even if his wife is dead). I don't want them to get together now, but they may be quite good drama regardless.
          • chrob61
            Board Regular
            • Jun 2005

Glad to see Sinead's mother finally appearing. It was sad to see Sinead go, but I think that there's lots of good soapy drama to come with Bethany and Daniel.

Comment

• Sace
              Day Player
              • May 2018

I'm catching up right now and I'm a little angry at the turn they took with Sinead, Daniel and Bethany. There was enough drama with her dying. Why did they have to have Daniel kiss Bethany and create all that drama?

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                Soap Addict
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sace View Post
                I'm catching up right now and I'm a little angry at the turn they took with Sinead, Daniel and Bethany. There was enough drama with her dying. Why did they have to have Daniel kiss Bethany and create all that drama?
                ICAM!!! hated that they did this. Now Daniel's reputation is ruined when he and Aunt Beth, who was so close to Sinead (more than her mother it seems) could have bonded over their grief and caring for the baby; now if/when Daniel returns from wherever he's gone, there will be constant friction there which Sinead would have hated. I also didn't like the fact that Daniel took off ... that seemed a bit bizarre to me when they hadn't even had the funeral.

Comment

• Otter1
                  Otter1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How could Daniel NOT attend his wife's funeral? Imo, it just makes him look more guilty. Sigh...

• Sace
                  Sace commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This whole storyline is just annoying the stew out of me. Did they not know what to do with Daniel after Sinead passed on so they did this? I would have much preferred he take a back burner status and had them slowly introduce a Bethany and Daniel pairing. Or even a Daniel and new character setting. ANYTHING but whatever this is. I hate everyone being angry with Daniel. I hate everyone being angry at Bethany too.
              • Otter1
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2007

Somehow, I got behind again and finally caught up yesterday.

Random thoughts....

1) Geoff gas-lighting Yasmin is horrifying. How can Tim be this man's kid? Where is Tim, btw?

2) Gary is reprobate! I've grown tired of Ali, but Gary needs to be taken out and I hope Ali is somehow involved in his ousting.

3) Shona and David's wedding was fun and cute, but why do I feel like something bad is still going to happen since those guys believe David dropped them in it?

4) Will someone cut Gail's fringe? UGH!

5) Alya is a silly, silly girl. Why would Ray and Michelle part ways? Think!

6) I don't care, at this point, if Daniel misses his wife's funeral, but Bertie should be there. I hope Ken is able to get through to him.

7) Kevin needs to give up on Abby...imo.

8) Still can't stand Evelyn and like her less with Roy. Roy needs someone like Mary. Sigh...

Comment

• Sace
                  Day Player
                  • May 2018

Catching up again. I hate getting behind... Anyhoodle, I am trying to be understanding with Beth, but she is not taking Sinead's last wishes into consideration. I get she's angry and that she's angry at Daniel, but if Sinead said no flowers then no flowers! And a simple headstone!

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                    Soap Addict
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Otter1 View Post
                    Geoff gas-lighting Yasmin is horrifying. How can Tim be this man's kid? Where is Tim, btw?
                    Horrifying indeed; frankly it's creeping me out; and I absolutely hate seeing Yasmin almost grovelling and apologizing when she has nothing to apologize for. I have no idea how this will end, but I really hope it's soon.

Never liked Gary, but he's become a more dreadful character as time has gone by. Despite Ali's downfall, I hope he and Maria get back together at some point. How she could prefer Gary is beyond me - or hook up with him in the first place. Another sl I wish would end quickly.

Any time an actor/actress leaves the show it's usually someone I'm sorry to see go; the one I really want gone stays and continues his horrible deeds - Gary.

Comment

• Sace
                      Sace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ICAM. I'd like to see Geoff and Gary set out to sea. They are both scum.

• Otter1
                      Otter1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Geoff and Gary can both go. Gary can't come back from what he's done. Death would be a good end for him. Smh! Geoff needs to leave the street and never return.

• Sace
                      Sace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree Otter1. I don't see how Geoff could ever be redeemed. I want him gone for good.
                  • Padfoot
                    Executive Poster
                    • Aug 2006

This is the beginning of the end for Robert I think.

I wonder if the Geoff storyline was planned along or if "they" changed direction with his character. I'm trying to remember if there was always signs there from the beginning. I remember not liking him and finding him annoying but I didn't get abuse vibes from him. But also, I guess that is the point of the story. It could happen to anyone and by someone you'd least expect.

Ugh agree with you all on Gary.

Comment

• Holly99
                      Holly99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep .. Robert's cheating days are coming to an end.

• Sace
                      Sace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wonder if Robert's days period are coming to an end?

• Otter1
                      Otter1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      THANK THE SOAP GODS Michelle caught Robert. I know Michelle can be a shrew, but even she didn't deserve what he was doing. Though that is evidence of why they were bad for each other. He could never tell her the truth.
                  • Holly99
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Dec 2006

Geoff, Gary, Kel & Josh are all on my "waiting for their comeuppance" list.

Comment

• Otter1
                      Otter1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      AMEN and AMEN!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X