Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad to see more posts lately. I agree with so many of your comments.

I think the show has been more interesting as they incorporate the pandemic. I love/hate Leanne. Both reactions in me are strong, depending on the story, so for that reason, I do like her character overall.

So glad to see I am not the only one who thought Nick's son was insufferable. I feel bad saying that about any child/character, but oh.... yes, he seems like he would be Mary's child!

Peter and Carla are two of my favourite characters. I love them apart and together. Peter isn't the most attractive guy physically, but I find he has chemistry with every single woman they pair him with. I think Peter and his brother Adam are both so sexy. Peter has this rascally charm about him, actually that fits Adam too!

I thought Michael's scenes when he found out about his baby were amazing. So many of the actors are so talented but you don't really see it until they get an intense storyline. Like I was never that impressed with his father, until those scenes of racism in the restaurant, and his dad really spoke out. Those were incredible scenes, I thought. Just like those scenes with his father on racism, I could have watched Michael all day when he learned about his daughter.

I couldn't stand Nina when they first brought her on the show with her father, but she has really grown on me. It shows me I really shouldn't judge people by how they look (I know I should know this by now!!!), but I continue to do so! In real life, I think I would like to be friends with Nina. She really speaks her mind - I love how she supports the young girls on the show to be true to themselves.

Feel free to share your thoughts - No one I know watches Corrie so glad to have this forum!

Comment

• Enjoyed your post Hour Escape. I agree about Michael's scenes re the baby - I've actually liked that family since they arrived, the father is my favourite. Nice that the real father came by to see Michael, but I totally understand his wish for the baby not to have further contact with Michael - too confusing for her.

I too love Peter & Carla, and Adam as well. I do hope Peter and Carla stay together. Disappointed that Adam doesn't seem to want to try again with Sarah; although she made me mad standing by that awful Gary, who is a murderer. I so hope that all his misdeeds will come out sooner than later - although so far he seems to get away with everything.

While that kid of Nick's didn't say much and so wasn't quite as insufferable when he was talking with Leanne in the hospital, he is still going to be when we see him again I'm sure - and I hope they're not going to give too much screen time to this sl with him, Nick & Natasha. Kudos to Leanne for suggesting they meet right away.

Cheers to Abi for preventing Geoff attending the wedding, even though she had to miss it herself; and his petty attempt to charge failed thanks to them all standing up for her LOL. Great to see Yasmeen laugh so heartily.

IA about Nina - I didn't like her either at first; but she's become quite a good character now that she's integrated into the Street. Coronation Street has always been good at developing characters well - ones that were unlikeable initially - e.g. Gemma, Becky etc.

Comment

• Oh geez. Grace is still on the canvas.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
          Jupiter Jane
          Soap Addict
          Jupiter Jane commented
          Editing a comment
          I know - I couldn't believe it. Plus naively thought Michael had only seen her when she brought the baby over DUH!

• Sace
          Sace
          Day Player
          Sace commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly! It never even entered my mind that they made a baby. Grace was so standoffish for much of the time. I really wish Michael could get free of her. He deserves better!

• Because I wasn't annoyed and angry enough at Geoff, Debbie shows up to raise my blood pressure even more.

Comment

• Has Todd always been such a jacka**? He's a new character for me.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
            Jupiter Jane
            Soap Addict
            Jupiter Jane commented
            Editing a comment
            If memory serves, I don't think he was too bad when he was first introduced years ago (I maybe wrong); and I believe he was fine when he and Sarah were together. But he's certainly been a jacka** for the past many years.

• Watching this whole Oliver story unfold is just gut wrenching.....unless the writers actually swerve us and they come up with a cure for him, that would justify all of Leanne's actions!

I also like a potential pairing for Craig with Tim's daughter (name escapes me).

And get poor Yasmeen out of that prison!! Enough is enough!!

Comment

• What an emotional week. Jane Danson (Leanne) gave it her all.

Slimeball Ray is up to his old/usual tricks with Faye. I really hope she gets out of there; and she can kiss goodbye to the trainee manager position which was a joke anyway.

Abbi clearly suspects what's going on with Ray's interest in the houses. I hope she opens her mouth to someone other than Debbie.

Seeing the other slimeball Geoff get his comeuppance is such a long time coming; it would help so much if they find Elaine - that w/b huge for Yasmeen.

I was glad to see Sarah & Adam move back towards each other; and just as they do, it will come out that he slept with Carla.

I do hope this storyline with Johnny does not mean Richard Hawley (Johnny) is leaving the show!!
            Jupiter Jane
            Soap Addict
            Last edited by Jupiter Jane; December 14, 2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Sace
              Sace
              Day Player
              Sace commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm emotionally worn out from Leanne's story and now Yasmeen's trial has started. I don't know if I can handle all this stress lol.

I have been really impressed with so many of the stories and all of the actors are doing a spectacular job!

• Thank God Yasmeen was found not guilty. Unfortunately Geoff doesn't seem to want to quit.

Can someone please catch Deb?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sace View Post
              Thank God Yasmeen was found not guilty. Unfortunately Geoff doesn't seem to want to quit.

Can someone please catch Deb?!
              Well Geoff is now a goner!!!
              Oh wow - I couldn't believe it when they came out of the court house and he said "so what do you want for tea?" Too funny and weird.

You have your wish - Deb is caught and Kevin has given her the boot.

Well now that Gary has found out what Ray was doing to Faye, Ray's days may be numbered given Gary's history.

A very eventful week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post

Well Geoff is now a goner!!!
                Oh wow - I couldn't believe it when they came out of the court house and he said "so what do you want for tea?" Too funny and weird.

You have your wish - Deb is caught and Kevin has given her the boot.

Well now that Gary has found out what Ray was doing to Faye, Ray's days may be numbered given Gary's history.

A very eventful week.
                Very eventful week indeed! I believe it was the 60th anniversary week?

I'm not sure how I feel about Geoff's death. I'm strangely dissatisfied. I guess I wanted him to suffer more, but then again Yasmeen really told him off. I wish it had been more public (because I am a petty person.)

So glad Deb got caught! Now do Ray next!

I find myself liking Gary at least when it comes to Faye.

Ugh to Adam, Sarah, Peter, Karla. It's drama so OK, but I'm don't care that much. I do like Peter so I hope they can find him a better story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sace View Post

I'm not sure how I feel about Geoff's death. I'm strangely dissatisfied. I guess I wanted him to suffer more, but then again Yasmeen really told him off. I wish it had been more public (because I am a petty person.)
                  Well if you're a petty person, then so am I lol. I totally understand you saying you're strangely dissatisfied re Geoff's death. I wanted to see him suffer more as well; I would like to see him go on trial - although not sure what they would charge him with.

I'm disappointed with Carla & Peter. I like them both, and I like them together. Disappointed with Adam too.

I sincerely hope Shelley King (Yasmeen) and Ian Bartholomew (Geoff) win awards in whichever categories they may be nominated in in the various soap award shows. I voted for Yasmeen but don't remember which award show it was for; Leanne was also nominated in the Best Actress category, hard choice. Anyway, Yasmeen & Geoff have been amazing.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel like they are breaking David and Shona up?

Edit- well dang. They definitely are.
                    Sace
                    Day Player
                    Last edited by Sace; January 14, 2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                      Jupiter Jane
                      Soap Addict
                      Jupiter Jane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did this happen this week? I watch the show in its entirety on a Sunday and last week they did break up, somewhat due to Shona's condition and lack of understanding. But they did get back together.

• I don't post regularly because I'm usually soooooooo behind...and I'm behind now too...but I just stopped to say...how did I go from loving Todd to hating him?

And I miss old Summer. She'd smell Todd's rat a mile away. Sigh...

There's more to be said, of course, I'm glad Geoff's dead. I think Yasmeen's reaction is totally normal. I feel so sorry for Peter and I agree with Ken that Carla is a trigger for Peter. I have a feeling I know who hit Adam...and it's none of the usual suspects, but they've done a good job concealing the real culprit. I have to admit I don't get what's going on with Leanne and Nick...I know this is crazy, but I would prefer Peter with Leanne and Carla with Nick. When I first started watching Carla was with Nick, but if I recall, she cheated on him and that ended that. Did I remember that correctly? Maybe they can bring that back around again. I don't want Peter to die!!!! So, I hope he doesn't. Sarah's being a right cow...and I can't stand Gary. I like Shona and David together and that they're happy. Anyhoo...those are my week late, dollar short thoughts.

Comment

• Sace
                      Sace
                      Day Player
                      Sace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I feel like a relatively new viewer (only started to watch in the last year and a half) and I *really* dislike Todd. I'm close to hating him.

I have no idea who attacked Adam, but I usually suck at solving mysteries.

I really enjoy David and Shona. Their Christmas was just lovely.

• Jupiter Jane
                    Soap Addict
                    Jupiter Jane i really should watch several episodes before I make any comments I was just so upset at the thought of their break up and I jumped the commenting gun.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                      Jupiter Jane
                      Soap Addict
                      Jupiter Jane commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL no worries; it's always tempting to post. I have to restrain myself for even looking at the board during the week because I watch the week in its entirety on a Sunday, so posts during the week can act as spoilers for me.

• I am SO glad that Asher listened to Yasmeen and Nina re Corye's behaviour. I really thought at first that she wouldn't ... and there we would be with another controlling relationship storyline. But she was a smart girl and I was touched when she spoke to Yasmeen; and then when she stood up to the creep later ,,, proud of her. It w/b so normal or obvious for it to have been written the opposite way.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X