Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see Elaine go to visit Yasmeen; I believe she's Tim's mother but not sure why she wouldn't tell Yasmeen that. I was hoping she would offer to testify. I would love to see Yasmeen tell Imran about her and have him have her testify if she was willing. Initially I was afraid Yasmeen wasn't taking her seriously, but clearly she was as we saw in her telephone call with Geoff. What a relief!!! Although perhaps a shame she didn't string him along so he got taken by surprise at the trial - not sure about that, what do you think?

Good to see Carla back at Underworld, albeit temporary. So strange to see the new set.

Jack has really sprouted up since we last saw him. He's such a cutie.

Much as I love to see a good manicure, I can't imagine a car mechanic being able to maintain the manicure that Abi displays; or even having one in the first place when working.
    Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    Last edited by Jupiter Jane; August 16, 2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Elaine is a great addition to the show. She is a great actress, I find her scenes riveting. I am so impressed with the storyline right now, adding her to the mix has really intensified it.

I personally like the covid- inclusion in the plot. It makes sense to me that they refer to it, and I like the storyline with the reality of working as a nurse right now. I wasn't sure how I would feel about having covid on a show, but I find it is really working. It makes it seem more real than on other shows where they just pretend it isn't happening. What do you all think?

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
        Jupiter Jane
        Soap Addict
        Jupiter Jane commented
        Editing a comment
        You may have seen some episodes I haven't yet seen. But re covid - I know that when they started filming again, they were practicing physical distancing. Haven't seen any of those episodes yet. The American soaps are doing the same now that they're back in production.

• I just realized...in order to keep to the social distancing guidelines...EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER is in conflict and turmoil.

We won't see a happy episode until...who knows when. Can we handle this as viewers?

Comment

• I am so frustrated with Sarah - how could she be so stupid as to get rid of the watch. I really want to see Gary get what's coming to him, which is long overdue. Why on earth would she continue to protect him.Love Adam ... would prefer to see the end of Gary before Maria marries him.

OMG Craig - blonde hair and a big weight loss; I almost didn't recognize him.
        Jupiter Jane
        Soap Addict
        Last edited by Jupiter Jane; September 9, 2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Otter1
          Otter1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          Otter1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Gary and Sarah have very deep feelings for each other, but they are completely TOXIC. Sarah knows this and so she has tried to move on. The deeper reason Sarah didn't drop Gary in it because he knows everything about Callum. He covered for her and now she's covering for him. She can't trust that he will not drop her in it if she reveals what she knows to the police. What I can't figure out is why she wouldn't tell Adam about Callum, especially if she really loves him. If she confesses about Callum, she may lose Adam, but if she did confess and he understood it would be because he realizes that part of the reason she's covering for Gary is not because of their emotional bond, but their criminal one.

• Jupiter Jane
          Jupiter Jane
          Soap Addict
          Jupiter Jane commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG Otter - how could I have forgotten about Callum! Good post.

• According to the CBC program guide, looks like we're back to a full week of episodes including two on Friday.

Comment

• I really need the Geoff story to end. Preferably with him being exposed as an abuser and killed by a truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sace View Post
            I really need the Geoff story to end. Preferably with him being exposed as an abuser and killed by a truck.
            I need to see an end to it as well ... but not sure I would want to see him killed only because I want to see all his misdeeds come to light, including the camera in the house (hope that is not forgotten). After the last episode, I am concerned that Alya is losing it and that will work in Geoff's favour.

And by the way, I also want to see Elaine come on the scene again and give evidence if it comes to trial. I can't help wondering if he killed her, or threatened her to the extent that she w/b too afraid to reappear. I was very hopeful when she first came on that she would give such credence to Yasmeen's story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post

I need to see an end to it as well ... but not sure I would want to see him killed only because I want to see all his misdeeds come to light, including the camera in the house (hope that is not forgotten). After the last episode, I am concerned that Alya is losing it and that will work in Geoff's favour.

And by the way, I also want to see Elaine come on the scene again and give evidence if it comes to trial. I can't help wondering if he killed her, or threatened her to the extent that she w/b too afraid to reappear. I was very hopeful when she first came on that she would give such credence to Yasmeen's story.
              IMO someone should be asking why Geoff seems to have the same kinds of problems with these women. At some point I want Tim to ask, "Gee, dad...all these women claim you're a lying manipulative guy. Maybe the problem actually is with you!"

I'm also really afraid for Elaine. I'm hoping she's alive and that she and Tim can repair their relationship.

Comment

• Whoo Hoo ...

Tim has finally seen Geoff for who he really is.

It made my day to see the police haul Geoff away ..

So, now .. where is Elaine ???

Comment

• Otter1
                  Otter1
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  Otter1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FINALLY! Geoff got caught!!!!!!!

I hope Tim can find his mum now.

[p.s. that was uber intense!] Well done, Corrie.

• Jupiter Jane
                  Jupiter Jane
                  Soap Addict
                  Jupiter Jane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh wow finally! Seeing Yasmeen on that scene in the computer was intense; I guess Tim had to see something like that before finally seeing Geoff for who he is. Good for Sally for making it happen. Much as I've wanted this sl to end, I'm going to have to eat my words somewhat - I don't want Geoff to disappear quite yet - I want to see him get what's coming to him. Not that he would have much of a defense with this computer out there.

• I was a little disappointed on the Geoff reveal after all these grueling months......so Sally goes over to the house for a book for Yasmeen, happens upon a laptop and just takes it? Then Tim's daughter finds a way into some "cloud" to uncover an incriminating video? Was Geoff just being sloppy or were the writers looking to wrap this storyline up?? Yes, I was satisfied with it, but by no means was it a great reveal. The reveal satisfaction needs to at least come close to the agony of watching this storyline for months!!!

Comment

• Am I alone in thinking this pandemic has made this show better? It's so intense and riveting right now. Yes...every story is pretty difficult, but I find myself wanting to watch. There were many months there where I really didn't care. So...it's a pleasant surprise to me.

The actress who plays Leanne has this amazing ability to make me love her and hate her at the same time...as does they young women who play Alya and Asha. I really like Nina too, even though the cadence of her voice is irritating. Lol. I'm so glad Abi told Debbie the truth. Women supporting each other.

I still hate how storylines get dropped and picked up, but they've found ways to tell stories while trying to social distance. I really appreciate that.

Anyway...happy viewer...for now.

Comment

• Not sure who else is watching...but what we're seeing with Peter and Carla is EXACTLY why I can't stand them as a couple. I'm sure they'll stay together, but GAH!!!!

I hated the Daniel and prostitute story. I really, really hope it's over.

Nick needs to meet his kid.
                    Otter1
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    Last edited by Otter1; October 14, 2020, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Sace
                      Sace
                      Day Player
                      Sace commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm watching and like you I'm finding it better than ever. When I started watching Lady year I think I remember some grumbling about Peter and Carla and yeah... Now I totally get it. Carla annoys me, moreso than Peter.

• Holly99
                      Holly99
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      Holly99 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Peter's okay .. but .. Carla has never been my cup of tea.

• Otter1
                      Otter1
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      Otter1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OMG...Carla is grating on my last nerve. When Abi told her, perhaps she's the problem, I was like...YES!!!!

• Probably in the minority re the above post, but I LOVE Carla - I love the character and love Alison King, the actress. I also like her and Peter as a couple. To each his own.

Wow - what a shock to find Grace has been lying all this time about Michael being the baby's father; what a witch. I was so fearful he was actually going to go with her, glad he called the cops.

I had hoped Sarah and Adam could work things out but it looks as if for Adam it's really over; what a short-lived marriage. Conversely, I had hoped Gary's true self and his crimes would come out BEFORE the marriage to Maria. OMG I can't stand this character.

That kid of Nick's could very quickly get on my nerves.
                    Jupiter Jane
                    Soap Addict
                    Last edited by Jupiter Jane; October 19, 2020, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                      Probably in the minority re the above post, but I LOVE Carla - I love the character and love Alison King, the actress. I also like her and Peter as a couple. To each his own.

Wow - what a shock to find Grace has been lying all this time about Michael being the baby's father; what a witch. I was so fearful he was actually going to go with her, glad he called the cops.

I had hoped Sarah and Adam could work things out but it looks as if for Adam it's really over; what a short-lived marriage. Conversely, I had hoped Gary's true self and his crimes would come out BEFORE the marriage to Maria. OMG I can't stand this character.

That kid of Nick's could very quickly get on my nerves.
                      That kid of Nick's is INSUFFERABLE!! They should have made him a relative of MARY'S, he's like the kid version of her, complete with useless factoids and rambling anecdotes that NO ONE CARES ABOUT!! Since I am not a fan of Nick's I couldn't wish a better kid on him if I tried.

Comment

• Also, the poor sick Oliver storyline needs to come to an end. They've milked just about all the drama out of it and Leanne is getting on my last nerve. Not a big fan of either her or Nick.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X