Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

Lordy lordy !!!

Gemma + quadruplets =

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just caught up this morning...if this doesn't turn Gemma into a serious person, nothing will.

Btw, it now makes sense why her twin suddenly appeared. Smh! My guess, a couple of those babies will die along the way and one will be born disabled. While not good, it's probably realistic and could possibly be interesting.
  • Sace
    Day Player
    • May 2018

I just started watching on Hulu this week so I'm not sure if I'm ahead of Canada or behind. I did see Gemma finding out about the quadruplets yesterday. I'm really liking the show....it's just going to take me a while to figure out all the characters.

Not sure the name of the woman watching the grocery store while the owner is in India, but she cracks me up!

Comment

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless things have changed .. Hulu is two weeks ahead of Canada (same as the UK).

And .. the name of the woman taking care of Dev's shop is .. Evelyn.

Evelyn reminds me of Blanch & she cracks me up too ..

• Sace
      Sace commented
      Editing a comment
      Well drat. I was hoping to be on the Canadian schedule so I could discuss it with people lol. I guess I'll just have to lurk if I'm ahead of y'all.
  • Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    • Mar 2004

OMG Nick continues to show no remorse ... what a slime; and now Leanne is buying into it all to the point of actually enabling and trying to set David up. What is wrong with her.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think, and it's not justification, Leanne is trying to keep things stable for Oliver. Liz basically told her to do what was best for her and her kid...damn everyone else? Is this right? Nope! I hope all this blows up in Leanne's face.

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope it all blows up in Leanne's face too.
  • Otter1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2007

OMG!!! Tyler's mum is preggers!!!!!! Robert's head is going to be on a plate soon. Smh!

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Jupiter Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG this was a real shocker - not only that she's preggers, but that he was involved with her in the first place.

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a feeling Robert was seeing someone, but I thought that someone was a woman who was going through IVF with him. I'd forgotten about Tyler's mum.
      There is no doubt in my mind that this will spell the end for Robert and Michelle. Their reunion was too sudden. It's over.

• Sace
      Sace commented
      Editing a comment
      I have only been watching for a short time, but Robert is driving me nuts. Neither lady deserves him!
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

I'm really enjoying the introduction of the new family.
    The Bailey's have brought a lot of humour to the cobbles.
    No doubt about it .. Aggie wears the pants in the Bailey family .. Lol
    Claudia had better watch her gob .. 'cause Aggie won't take any of her guff .. Lol

Happy to have Adam back .. but .. can't stand him being with Sarah

Last edited by Holly99; July 1, 2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Jupiter Jane commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm enjoying the new family too.
      Oh wow - Adam gets more gorgeous all the time ...

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm liking the new family too. I thought the subtle addressing of Ken's assumption that a Black family couldn't possibly be the owners was a very realistic touch and handled well.

I thought I'd like Adam and Sarah...but I don't! He's a rebound for her and she's using him.

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      @Otter1
      Yes .. Ken's assumption(s) were addressed in a humorous & realistic way.
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

Lordy lordy .. from what Gary said to Sarah & Bethany .. it looks like he killed Rick.
    Rick was planning on killing Gary .. so .. I'd say Gary killed him in self-defence.

But still .. Gary's shenanigans have made him responsible to two deaths now.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      "Gary's a good bloke really. He wouldn't hurt a fly." He killed Rick and we already know he killed Rana. He's an unexpected Pat Felon. Smh!
      Last edited by Otter1; July 3, 2019, 09:21 PM.
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

Okay .. so .. does anyone else think that when Roy's mother was away for 6 months .. she may have had a baby ?

And .. if the baby's father was Raymond .. methinks that baby may be Alice Parrott .. which would mean Alice is Roy's half-sister.

The reason Sylvia was so angry when she returned after having been away for 6 months .. may be .. because she had to give the child to Raymond to raise.

Your thoughts ???

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know, Holly, but that would be a believable story from what we've seen so far.

I don't want that miserly woman with Roy. I'd much prefer him with Mary. Sigh...

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking forward to seeing this storyline play out.
      I guess we've seen the last of Wayne Hayes now.
  • Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    • Mar 2004

Well Robert is outdoing himself - when his lips move, he's lying. How on earth does he think he can keep up this "double life" and deceit.

Comment

• Sace
      Sace commented
      Editing a comment
      He just keeps digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole!
  • Padfoot
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2006

^^^ re Robert, totally agree! His nose is growing by the second.

Is it just me or does anyone else really dislike Tim's dad (sorry can't remember his name). I think I'm on the verge of loathing with him. He's passive aggressive. He's not funny. He's irritating. He's annoying . And he treats Yasmine like crap. He does not respect her AT ALL.

ETA: and is he gas lighting her??!!
    ​​​
    Last edited by Padfoot; July 8, 2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not been watching closely lately...but this situation with Geoff and Yasmin is not good. I wonder if domestic abuse is where they are going with them. Something very strange is going on. Why would he say they talked for hours, when clearly, they did not? That is gas lighting, isn't it?

• Padfoot
      Padfoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is gaslighting. Also, when he spilled the drink on Ryan's equipment knowing Yasmeen would think she did it.

• Sace
      Sace commented
      Editing a comment
      Geoff is definitely gaslighting Yasmeen. It's painful to watch. Why is he treating her so badly?
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

So .. it looks like Gary is going to take over Rick's business.
    Adam knows Gary gave Sarah those bruises .. so .. Gary had better watch out & stay clear of Sarah or Adam will have him in court.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I cannot believe what Gary's become. I knew he was a loser, but this? He needs to end up like Pat Phelan.
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

Lordy lordy .. this domestic abuse storyline with Geoff & Yasmeen is going to be difficult to watch.
    One thing we know from previous "difficult" storylines .. Corrie will do a great job of "exposing" this type of abuse.

Methinks .. Gemma will give birth to all 4 of her babies.
    Hopefully .. becoming a mother will "mature"" Gemma.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Geoff just wants Yasmeen to pay attention to him, but it's gotten out of hand. And the more she pulls away the worse he'll get. This will be very hard to watch, I agree.

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad Yasmeen is taking self-defence training from Craig ..
      Craig is such a nice guy.
      I've always thought Craid & Emma would make a great couple .. but so far .. there's no sign of Corrie going in that direction ..
  • Otter1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2007

One question...when did Bethany and Ryan break up? Why is he flirting with Alya again?

Comment

• Holly99
      Holly99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did Ryan ever truly commit to Bethany ??
      Alya was always "in the wings" & I think he'll choose Alya.

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So...they just slept together? Call me old fashioned. I thought they slept together because they really liked each other. Why then would she have been so mad that he asked Alya out in the first place? I think he'll chose Alya too.

• Padfoot
      Padfoot commented
      Editing a comment
      This is confusing me as well. There was a whole storyline about how it was really hard for Bethany to trust someone enough to get intimate and she talked to Ryan about it and they decided to take the next step. Now they're not together??
  • Holly99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Dec 2006

Woo Hoo !!
    Alya saw Geoff drop Yasmeen's necklace.
    No doubt Geoff will cook up a lie & talk his way out it .. but still .. it's strike one against Geoff.

Comment

• Otter1
      Otter1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Praise the soapgods!!!!

• Padfoot
      Padfoot commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't even watch his scenes anymore. I don't fast forward but I check my instagram every time he's on screen. I can't wait until he gets his comeuppance.
  • Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    • Mar 2004

IA with the comments about Geoff. He was already getting on my nerves with his attempts to control Yasmeen, but it was a shock to see he was the one who took the belongings. So glad that Alya saw him drop the bracelet, but as Holly says, he will no doubt cook up a lie. He came across as just a "nice guy" until now, so this is a change; it sort of makes me cringe to watch him and see this subtle abuse.

Yasmeen was a delight when she was interacting with Alya and the guys. Once the truth comes about about the burglary, I hope we see those friends of Ryan's again.

I can hardly bear to watch Gary - and there was too much Gary this week for me. I've never liked him; he's always had a temper, but the viciousness and words towards Sarah was horrible to watch. I would so like to see him gone!

Comment

• Holly99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Dec 2006

So .. Gail is on her way to Bangkok !!
      I wonder how long it will take the cops to check & see if she's used her passport ??

I'm glad Billy turned Marley in.
      It cost him his relationship with Paul .. but .. IMO .. he's well rid of Paul.
      Sean has always been one of my favourite characters .. so .. I'm happy he wasn't hurt too badly.

Comment

• Otter1
        Otter1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't blame Gail for taking a break. While I find the Platt's rather interesting, they would do my head in too. Lol.

I'm so glad for Billy too. He is well rid of Paul!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X