Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soapsaddict View Post
    Does anyone remember the Bauer Burger? Once upon a time they actually published the recipe. Did anyone ever try it?
    http://soapcentral.com/gl/news/2001/...er_burgers.php

I may try it tomorrow!

Comment

Happy Fourth of July to all the GL fans out there!
      I can't help but to imagine what would've been on our screens for this Bauer bbq if the show was still going on.

I hope everyone has a safe holiday!

Comment

Happy Fourth of July!

Comment

Originally posted by jward1108 View Post
          I made a Bauer Burger for the Fourth (just me this year), and it was very good! It took longer to cook, as it says in the instructions, but came out delicious. I cooked mine in the cast iron pan on the stove, because I don't do the grill unless someone else is hear to actually do the grilling for me.

Comment

• kayg
            kayg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for letting us know how it was! I will have to try it!

I loved the Bauer BBQ...but over the years as the sets grew smaller and smaller, it was disappointing to see how the Bauer Swimming Pool became the Bauer Hot Tub (and one year an airport hanger)....and as the Bauer family diminished, I wouldn't have been surprised to see it become the Bauer Garden Fountain next....the final Bauer BBQ was grand, though...I loved that it was outdoors, finally...and that Buzz and Lillian were getting naughty in the woods....loved that Danny and Michelle showed up....that Hawk Shayne was there - it was really, for soaps, a way to sneak in appearances from prior cast favorites....ATWT did it with family weddings and REALLY did well to get as many former characters back for the event as possible.....

The final six months of the show were outstanding in every way....the return of Phillip was a bit 'contrived' but still it was so good to have him back. Ed Bauer being featured prominently in a story was a treat....the 25th School Reunion that brought the Four Musketeers back together, albeit briefly, the annual BBQ, the sacrifice Alan made for Phillip to live on....BIll and Lizzie getting married, the forming of the Otalia couple pairing, Ed and Holly finding one another again....there were just so many wonderful moments in those final months...it made it all the harder to let the show go....
          Last edited by GuidingLite; 07-11-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• Smithey
            Smithey commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with every word you said. It was sad, though, that it took the end of the show to make it better.

• kayg
            kayg commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your post GL! Those last month of the show were wonderful! Was hard to remember why the show was ending.

• Asa1983
            Asa1983 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly, that seems to always happen when a show is ending, they tend to get better and better to the point where you wonder why they are ending. Even, Sunset Beach found its footing in the final months.

Boo. My reply to the above message was flagged as spam. I'm sure it was brilliant, but I can't recompose right now. Oh well.

Comment

Thank you, Kayg....in the final months of the show they found a 'tentpole' story...Phillip's return and illness, that involved MOST of the cast....sure there were other more minor stories, but Phillip's return and illness was the biggie...and the storytelling was so tight, so good that it was easy to ignore the outdoor filming, the 'Hospital' with a drive up bank window on the side, the shrinking Spaulding Mansion.....and then it ended...

Comment

• Smithey
              Smithey commented
              Editing a comment
              What you said. Truth.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X