Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were there any fans of Rick and Meredith?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were there any fans of Rick and Meredith?

Was anyone a fan of theirs? I had just started college when they were a couple. They were OK IMO. That is sad the actress died young. Her dad was Robert Goulet. Did she sing as well? I recall her first name was Nicollette.
    ​​​​

That’s really sad about the actress. I had no idea she had died. I liked Meredith as a character, but thought she and Rick were really mismatched. I did enjoy her friendship with Blake.

Comment

Yes she died of breast cancer, 6 months after her dad passed. I read it on Wiki, it was in 2008 I believe. She had 3 kids.

Comment

I also didn’t know she had appeared in four different soaps: Ryan’s Hope, ATWT, Search for Tomorrow and GL. Though I think Meredith was the character she played the longest.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
          WalnutGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          I do not recall her on ATWT, my family watched Search a well, but my memories are foggy since I was a kid when it was cancelled. We did not watch Ryan's Hope. I did not know Meredith befriended Blake. She was an evil hot mess back then, nice to know someone liked her.

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
        I also didn’t know she had appeared in four different soaps: Ryan’s Hope, ATWT, Search for Tomorrow and GL. Though I think Meredith was the character she played the longest.
        I actually thought they should have kept her as Mary Ryan instead of killing her off. I do have a theory though that they settled her and Jack down quickly and didn’t want them divorced and since she was a recast they killed her off. It also gave Jack plenty of sl for the rest of the series. .

As for playing Meredith I liked her and liked her with Rick but no one was going to be better for Rick than Mindy . I am glad they ended up together.

Comment

I didn't care for her, really - I didn't mind that they gave Fletcher some family in town, but I never thought she and Rick were that well matched up....nor she and Philip for that matter....

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            I recall Fletcher resented her regarding something that happened to their mom. I think Meredith was somehow responsible. Eventually he forgave her. He was married to Maeve at the time.

I did, although I don't remember much of it. Why did they break up - did she sleep with Phillip?

Comment

• WalnutGirl
            WalnutGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes,but I forgot the reason. It was Phillips baby she miscarried. She almost died herself.

I really liked Meredith and Rick together. I enjoyed their story and wanted it to continue beyond the miscarriage and betrayal with Phillip.
          Nicolette Goulet also played the final Mary Ryan on Ryan's Hope, until they killed off the character, which I always thought was a big mistake.

Comment

I really liked Meredith and Rick. I don't think the writers at that time knew what to do with the character. I definitely didn't care for Meredith being in the middle of two best friends.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X