This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Bandstandmike videos . . .

I'm so bummed that YT took down the Bandstandmike channel. I was really enjoying watching consecutive episodes of Guiding Light from the 90s, which I missed while working full-time.

This is the message you see when you access the channel: This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations.

Yeah, YouTube took down his channel. Lots of bummed fans right now. I was also enjoying them and was at 1991 just as Josh left Harley. I wish I had discovered his channel sooner (just found it in May). All his hard work...gone.

Comment

I was midway through 1994. I wish I had watched more while they were there. This makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by jward1108 View Post
        I was midway through 1994. I wish I had watched more while they were there. This makes me sad.
        Same here, I was watching July1994 episodes. I quit watching Another World in 1993 to watch Guiding Light fulltime.Guiding Light was my aunt's favorite soap.

Comment

• jward1108
          jward1108 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I was watching the July 1994 episodes as they were uploaded. So bummed not to be able to finish that year. Alan hadn't come back from jail as Ron Raines yet. Vanessa hadn't met Matt yet. So much I was looking forward to watching.
          Last edited by jward1108; August 4, 2020, 07:58 AM.

Do you know why his account was suspended?

Comment

• NuttyAboutSoaps
          NuttyAboutSoaps commented
          Editing a comment
          He was posting copywritten material that he didn't own,

No one knows the details at this point, but unless P&G plan on releasing some of the episodes on DVD, what in the actual "eff" is their problem? I am so disappointed. Thank you Mike, for your incredible generosity in sharing with those of us who couldn't catch a lot of these episodes originally. Thanks to Mike, I fell in love with Jeva, Manny, Annie,Rick,Vanessa,Billy,Dinah, Harley and Mallet and many other wonderful couples, characters,& stories.

Comment

Who was Manny? It also sucks that YouTube charges for movies now. Are there many videos from earlier decades?

Comment

• Joluiscute
            Joluiscute commented
            Editing a comment
            Michelle Bauer and Danny Santos

Originally posted by Joluiscute View Post
          No one knows the details at this point, but unless P&G plan on releasing some of the episodes on DVD, what in the actual "eff" is their problem? I am so disappointed. Thank you Mike, for your incredible generosity in sharing with those of us who couldn't catch a lot of these episodes originally. Thanks to Mike, I fell in love with Jeva, Manny, Annie,Rick,Vanessa,Billy,Dinah, Harley and Mallet and many other wonderful couples, characters,& stories.
          It doesn’t seem like P&G did this. This was all YouTube.

Comment

• Joluiscute
            Joluiscute commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder what could it possibly be? ugh

There is some talk in the Facebook Guiding Light pages, that he was not on the up and up. I guess he had videos he was selling but customers did not get what they paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by PCHARLES View Post
            There is some talk in the Facebook Guiding Light pages, that he was not on the up and up. I guess he had videos he was selling but customers did not get what they paid for.
            That sucks if true. I was willing to buy some. Not sure why that would force YouTube to pull his whole channel down though.

Comment

Originally posted by justduckey View Post

It doesn’t seem like P&G did this. This was all YouTube.
              It was just his channel YouTube took down. YouTube took down at least one, maybe several channels dedicated to Passions. They have been cracking down lately. They actually removed my video that I had up of my niece's Circus Juventas performance from 8 years ago.

Comment

IMDB use to show soaps, but only the current episodes. I have not watched on the site for years.

Comment

I managed to find a site that has a bunch of old school soap episodes and stuff so it’s nice that the stuff is still out there

Comment

• jward1108
                    jward1108 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What site is that?

I had enjoyed 1984 again: Alexandra's debut, Beth/Lujack, and what I'm sure seemed silly at the time, the Dreaming Death story. Now it's relevant, Drs Jeff and Clare battling a strange, deadly disease no one had ever heard of before!

Comment

I so enjoyed seeing episodes from 1984 again. The mystery surrounding Tony and Annabelle's cottage was my favorite. Fletcher joined the show and what a wonderful character he was! The devious Miss Piper was fun to watch. Ultimately many cast members ended up in Barbados to solve the mystery! I wish soaps had the resources to do stories like that again. It just seems like there should be a way to watch some of these great old soaps.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X