Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL Characters That Shouldn't Have Died

In the history of this show there has been plenty of characters who've been killed off. Some for silly stupid reasons were killed off for no reasons and even though some deaths did make sense, more could be done to help make that character better and give the character a better story line. So what GL characters should not have been killed off?

Unlike a lot of soaps I don’t think they did it as much. I am probably forgetting some but Maureen Bauer and Gus Aurturo would top my list also Hilary Bauer and Ross Marler .

Maeve Stoddard? A little more iffy on her.

Should they have killed off Rusty’s wife Rose or Eve Guthrie? I think especially Rose no.

I can see though were they could have killed off certain characters but instead they had them move away leaving a return possible although as the years went on they didn’t bring as many back as I hoped for.

Comment

Hillary Baur was the first one that came to my mind. But I agree with Ross and Maureen as well.

Honestly, the one character I wish they had killed off was Eleni. No disrespect to Jennifer Rozwell, but after Melina K. (OG Eleni) left the character became very unlikable IMO. I think it would have been better if Eleni had been killed off. Think I would have preferred her being killed instead of Nadine. JMHO.

Comment

• msan1025
        msan1025 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eleni was my favorite character, but I do think that after MK left the role, the writers seemed to lose interest in the character. I think the chemistry between MK and FD just couldn't be replicated so they decided to back burner Eleni. My mom and I used to joke that when a character disappeared, they had gone to "Eleni land" because she would go unseen for months at a time.

Hillary Bauer, Roger Thorpe (either time), Alan Spaulding at the end, Ross Marler (ESPECIALLY), Gus Aituro, and last but not least, they should have NEVER killed off Maureen Reardon Bauer!!!! That was the beginning of the end of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithey View Post
        Hillary Bauer, Roger Thorpe (either time), Alan Spaulding at the end, Ross Marler (ESPECIALLY), Gus Aituro, and last but not least, they should have NEVER killed off Maureen Reardon Bauer!!!! That was the beginning of the end of the show.
        I am just going to co-sign your choices because they are also mine. Alan, Gus and Maureen... what were they thinking?

Comment

You know Smithey and CouchCruisin' I keep forgetting that they killed off Alan at the very end. I know the show kinda made it clear that Phillip was Alan's greatest love, but I really thought Ron Raines' Alan deserved better than getting the sloppy seconds of Josh and/or Phillip. I would have loved to have seen him get a genuinely happy ending with someone who loved him for him and only him. To that end, I really wish they could have convinced Marcy Walker to come back as Tangie as I think she's the one who got away for him.

Comment

savytabby I didn't like that ending at all. I agree that he should have gotten a happily ever after.
            It would have been nice to see Tangie (or someone else) come back to town to help him recover after he saved Phillip.

Comment

Out of all the characters that i've seen you guys mention I do agree with the likes of Ross, Maureen,Gus, etc the one character that should of never been killed off...Tammy. I know most people were not a fan of Tammy and Jonathan due to the fact that they're cousins and in a relationship but I didn't mind it. I wouldn't be opposed to GL bringing SG back to the show as a new character as the chemistry between TP and SG was straight fire.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                WalnutGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Maeve and Maureen were decent ladies. I truly was sad when they died. I stopped watching when Ross and Alan died.

Tammy Winslow Randall should be alive to this day. That is one soap death I have never recovered from. I adored Jammy, and I cried my eyes out when Tammy died, I remember Tom and Stephanie were leaving, I wish they would have given them a HEA instead of her dying.

Comment

Jenna Bradshaw and Maureen

Comment

Maureen Bauer should have never have been killed off. At the time of her death, her character was the heart of the show IMO. Tammy Winslow should have remained alive so she could leave the show with a happy ending. Tammy's death was especially gutting because it was a murder that Alan [and Lizzie] set into motion and there was never any justice served.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                    WalnutGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How did they play a part?

Hillary!!!! I loved her!!!!! Hillary could have had so many great relationships through the years with other characters.....Billy....Buzz....Ross....Jeffrey... .even Alan!

Maureen, too!!!!! Imagine if Maureen had divorced Ed over his affair with Lillian and taken up with someone else....Roger....Alan.....Billy.........imagine if she'd still been alive when Claire came back to town (Michelle's biological mother) and the fights THOSE two could have had over Claire's interference in Michelle's life? Such a mistake to kill her off.....in fact...imagine if Maureen and Roger HAD gotten together....and when Ed finally started to win her back - he kidnapped her like he did Holly.....not a complete repeat, but....Roger acting desperate again as he'd fallen in love with Maureen and didn't want to lose her....

Ross! .....he should never have been let to get away from the show....I would have much preferred losing Buzz Cooper than Ross Marler when the show rethought some contracts. I have nothing against Justin Deas....but....Ross had so much more history with the show....and he had tween children....it was absolutely criminal that they killed him off. Putting Ross and Rick on recurring when they did was just another nail in the show's coffin, in my opinion....
                  Last edited by GuidingLite; July 27, 2020, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                    WalnutGirl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can definitely see her attraction to Billy, since for the most part, he was a decent guy. Maybe Alan, but definitely not Roger.

• GuidingLite
                    GuidingLite commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maureen and Roger were friends....it could have grown to be more....out of loneliness....;0)

Hands down, Maureen should not have been killed off. She was the moral compass and heart of the show and it seems like when she died, the ratings started to sink. They tried to fill that moral compass role with bringing Meta Bauer back, but nobody could fill Maureen's shoes.

Comment

• GuidingLite
                    GuidingLite commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And sadly Mary Stuart died a few years after they tried to bring Meta back.....

But...they still had Gertrude 'Trudy' Bauer....they could have brought her home as well.

I really hated the 'Zachary the Angel' story they tried, BUT.....I was completely intrigued with Meta looking at Michelle and saying 'Mary!' and passing out and the story tapping into Bauer family history...I loved that they were trying to do SOMETHING with the Bauers then, but sadly it just didn't last....and the whole 'angel' aspect of it was lame....I do wish they'd been able to revitalize the Bauer family with Meta's return...and perhaps Trudy's and Mike's and Hope's.....but...sadly it just didn't happen...

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X