Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Ruined Joshua & Reva's Credibility?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Ruined Joshua & Reva's Credibility?

As we all know, Joshua and Reva are one of the greatest super couples in daytime soap opera history. They've been through so much, the ups, the downs, and everything else but the one thing I wonder...what ruined Joshua and Reva the most that others didn't like about them?

The one thing that came in my mind was the two of them, when they were separated, divorced, even when they tried to move on in their lives, they were with other people. The problem with that is the feelings, the chemistry, it was still there between Joshua and Reva causing them to break up with those people. Buzz, Annie, Noah, and the list goes on and on. But I also think the two breaking up time and time again showed no stability, of holding it together. Even some of the weddings they had were unnecessary except for the Cross Creek wedding in 1989. If the writing was better for them I fee maybe after Reva came back when everyone thought she died, Jeva could of built up their relationship before marrying each other a second time.

What are your thoughts?

There was a problem in that KZ and RN left at different times leaving their co star to go on without them. It’s fine if they want to leave for whatever reason but it necessitates making changes even if both stayed they probably would have been together and apart several times. Unfortunately it can lead to losing interest in the pairing and the ones that replace them because you sense it won’t last. I also think it’s not good that characters like Kyle and Annie were turned into villains about the time Josh or Reva returned.

Probably the only way to avoid it is to leave the characters single for a while and have fewer other romantic interest or make the characters less prominent and don’t focus on the romantic relationships as much. But daytime usually wants to pair up their main characters.

Comment

I hated how they kept breaking Jeva up. I will always be Team Josh and Reva and were glad that they were endgame, but for Josh I really think while he loved Reva and could never get over her, he didn't know how to live with her. She was always getting into things and he just didn't know how to handle it. That's part of the reason I loved Jeffeva. Jeffery loved Reva for who she was, never tried to change her, but also drew lines. But nothing beat Robert Newman's and Kim Zimmer's chemistry.

But honestly Josh becoming a pastor and his getting together with Cassie is what ruined them for me, because it was something Josh and OG Cassie never would have done, and then they rushed the Jeva reunion.

Comment

I hated how TIIC used Reva's cancer to break them up that last go round. There was no way after all these two had gone through that Reva would opt to keep her cancer diagnosis as a secret from Josh and start pushing him away. This ruined not only their relationship but her relationship with her sister Cassie whom Josh got together with, totally ill-matched. Hated that whole SL, and how Reva started leaning on Jeffrey or was he now Richard forget who was who, anyway hated that whole thing, and how TIIC decided at the end to rush Josh and Reva back together because they were the end game couple, but none of that worked.

Comment

I don't think anything 'ruined' Reva and Josh for me as a couple....there was bad writing, bad storyline decisions....but I always liked them as a couple.......

Had the show been going on, though, I doubt we'd have seen them together again for a long while (when Reva chose Jeffrey over Josh) and I would have been over the moon to see Josh with Blake instead. Josh and Cassie were SUCH a bad decision (in my opinion) as a pairing....but Josh and Blake? Reva was often 'over the top' in her behaviors...so that wouldn't have been anything foreign to Josh....Ross was dead...Blake had been with a man older than herself (Ross) before....I would have loved the pairing.

I can see why the show ended with Reva and Josh together....just like putting Philip and Beth back together....and Vanessa and Billy....and Rick and Mindy....and Ed and Holly (seemingly)...those pairings ALL worked for me because they were long-term/long ago couples that should have been back together in the end. I didn't mind Buzz and Lillian...nor Mallet and Dinah...nor Marina and Shayne.....but sticking Blake with Frank was, to me, a horrible, horrible mistake....I was SO disappointed that THAT was what they did to Blake in the end......

Comment

The diffferent head writers who couldn't figure out how to write for a successful couple hurt Reva and Josh as a couple. The constant splitting up and putting back together of not only Josh and Reva, but other couples, hurt the couples AND the show.

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
              I don't think anything 'ruined' Reva and Josh for me as a couple....there was bad writing, bad storyline decisions....but I always liked them as a couple.......

Had the show been going on, though, I doubt we'd have seen them together again for a long while (when Reva chose Jeffrey over Josh) and I would have been over the moon to see Josh with Blake instead. Josh and Cassie were SUCH a bad decision (in my opinion) as a pairing....but Josh and Blake? Reva was often 'over the top' in her behaviors...so that wouldn't have been anything foreign to Josh....Ross was dead...Blake had been with a man older than herself (Ross) before....I would have loved the pairing.

I can see why the show ended with Reva and Josh together....just like putting Philip and Beth back together....and Vanessa and Billy....and Rick and Mindy....and Ed and Holly (seemingly)...those pairings ALL worked for me because they were long-term/long ago couples that should have been back together in the end. I didn't mind Buzz and Lillian...nor Mallet and Dinah...nor Marina and Shayne.....but sticking Blake with Frank was, to me, a horrible, horrible mistake....I was SO disappointed that THAT was what they did to Blake in the end......
              I actually liked the idea of Blake and Frank because he needed someone and someone who would provide him with some fun and adventure and keep him on his toes. Though if the show had remained on I could have seen them pairing Josh and Blake (Reva even tried pushing them together in a couple of scenes) and I think RN and EK would have worked great together. But I agree with the show ending, Jeva had to be endgame.

Like you said, everyone who should have been together were together in the end (I'm still very happy that Holly and Ed got their HEA), though I personally did not see the chemistry between Shayne and Marina. (Or Marina and Mallet for that matter.) They, to me, were a forced pairing, Shayne and Marina. But I always loved Dinah and Mallet, so happy they ended up together.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                I hated how they kept breaking Jeva up. I will always be Team Josh and Reva and were glad that they were endgame.
                Nothing beat Robert Newman's and Kim Zimmer's chemistry.

But honestly Josh becoming a pastor and his getting together with Cassie is what ruined them for me, because it was something Josh and OG Cassie never would have done.
                Absolutely agree with all this!!
                Josh and Cassie made me cringe...

Robert and Kim's chemistry was off the charts!

Comment

Speaking of Kim and Robert tune in tomorrow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZlFPgYYzs

Comment

The thing that ruined Josh and Reva for good, was him hooking up with her sister. Yeah, I know, she had been with his father and brother, so it shouldn't have been a big deal, but somehow it was. That was just a line Josh should've never crossed, and it happened when Reva was battling cancer. Yes, I know she kept it from him, but that's still no excuse and then when he and Cassie found out Reva was battling cancer and that's what pulled her away from him, he showed absolutely no remorse in hooking up with Cassie. He continued on with her, even being portrayed as Cassie was the love of his life, when we all know that was BS. That's when Jeva changed for me. I could never look at Josh the same way and then he became more and more arrogant and self-righteous. Then becoming a preacher, that was the worst. He became even more self-righteous, and more clear that he was not the man meant for Reva.

Then I was happy because I feel Reva finally found the man that was meant for her in Jeffrey. They were cut from the same cloth. Both free spirits. Both understood each other like Josh and Reva never did. Jeffrey accepted Reva for who she was, something that Josh could never do. Still upset they ended Jeffeva the way they did, leaving Jeffrey hanging in the wind, perpetually chasing down Edmund, just so they could rush a Jeva reunion. Horrible way to end Reva and Jeffrey.

Comment

Originally posted by Beca Drags View Post
                      The thing that ruined Josh and Reva for good, was him hooking up with her sister. Yeah, I know, she had been with his father and brother, so it shouldn't have been a big deal, but somehow it was. That was just a line Josh should've never crossed, and it happened when Reva was battling cancer. Yes, I know she kept it from him, but that's still no excuse and then when he and Cassie found out Reva was battling cancer and that's what pulled her away from him, he showed absolutely no remorse in hooking up with Cassie. He continued on with her, even being portrayed as Cassie was the love of his life, when we all know that was BS. That's when Jeva changed for me. I could never look at Josh the same way and then he became more and more arrogant and self-righteous. Then becoming a preacher, that was the worst. He became even more self-righteous, and more clear that he was not the man meant for Reva.

Then I was happy because I feel Reva finally found the man that was meant for her in Jeffrey. They were cut from the same cloth. Both free spirits. Both understood each other like Josh and Reva never did. Jeffrey accepted Reva for who she was, something that Josh could never do. Still upset they ended Jeffeva the way they did, leaving Jeffrey hanging in the wind, perpetually chasing down Edmund, just so they could rush a Jeva reunion. Horrible way to end Reva and Jeffrey.
                      Even if GL wasn't cancelled the show would of STILL reunited Joshua and Reva down the road with a lot of build up and a lot of anticipation. Jeffrey and Reva were nice clean break from Jeva but at the same time they wouldn't have been together that long, because in the end Reva would of went back to Joshua due to something or someone getting involved. I believe they would of at least had Joshua in a pairing with someone else before they made the move to have Jeva reunited again.

Comment

Originally posted by Joluiscute View Post
                        Speaking of Kim and Robert tune in tomorrow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZlFPgYYzs
                        That was a GREAT Locher Room episode with Robert and Kim and the four Marahs: Ashley Peldon, Kimberly J. Brown, Laura Bell Bundy, and Lindsay McKeon. LOVED every minute of it. They definitely need to do another one with Robert, Kim, and the actors who have played Shane.

I'm curious though, is Lindsay McKeon related to Nancy McKeon. They look alike. Are they sisters?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X