Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Sonni like Annie?

Was Sonni really the 80s Annie? She hated Reva right and was angry at her for interfering with her and Josh's relationship?

I was in school then, but I recall Sunni had really bad emotional issues over sister Solita committing suicide when they were teenagers. Sunni was partially to blame sadly.

Comment

I think Josh truly loved Sonni, whom he met and married while in Venezuela. She was presumed dead on their honeymoon. And when she came back, I think he did still love her; he just loved Reva more, but Josh felt obligated to stay with Sonni, but then the whole "Was she really Solita?"/DID story happened and killed whatever love he had for her. That and the fact he just loved Reva more and could not get over Reva.

Comment

But in terms of your question marciat yes I think she was the 80's Annie, and then Olivia was the 2000's Annie or at least they tried to make her be, especially in terms of her wanting to hang onto Josh and later her relationships with Alan and Phillip. I have always said that I totally understand why Sonni and Annie didn't leave Josh, but Olivia absolutely should have walked away from him and the character she came on as would have. I hate that they didn't just let Olivia leave with her head held high and her dignity intact. Instead, Josh ends up as the wronged husband and his lying cheating wife was arrested for Insider Trading. And while Olivia got what she deserved, I still always maintain had Reva done something similar to him he would have gone out of his way to protect her. He certainly wouldn't have had her arrested, not only because he loved her but also because of their children.

Comment

Hmmmm......that, to me, is a difficult comparison to make....Sonni had some really deep trauma in her past....having her sister take a beating for something Sonni did and then Solita taking her own life....and a split personality developing as a result...Annie was 'crazy' in a different way...her obsession with Josh, he desperation to hold on to him at any cost....

I'd be more inclined to compare Sonni to Carrie Todd Marler than Annie.....another split/multiple personality disorder.....Carrie was one of my all-time favorite characters.....so well defined, so engaging and interesting......I was sad when they let the character go and even sadder that they never brought her back....THAT would have been the character to return to town still in love with Ross, rather than Amanda Spaulding....the change to Amanda's personality was SO abrupt....she went from kind and fragile to scheming hooker boss.....too much of a change to the Amanda who had left town....Carrie coming back and wanting to win Ross's love again and get him away from Blake would have been a lot more plausible, to me, than Amanda....

Comment

I never knew Carrie was Jane Elliot. I was in grammar school then. It's too bad Jerry was never cast as a beau for Tracy on GH. What was the root of Carrie's mental condition? My grandma once stated she found her 1st husband dead from suicide and snapped.

Comment

I used to love Josh and Sonni. I was never a fan of Josh and Reva as a couple.

Comment

Personally, I don't think the two were alike at all. The only thing they may have had in common was their mental instability but they showed this in completely different ways. Sonni could appear more detached, cool, almost dismissive at times and much of her struggle seemed to take place on the inside. Annie was more outgoing and something of an exhibitionist. Annie definitely made more of a show of herself and her personality.
                It's definitely a more apples to oranges type of contrast.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X