Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Style of Guiding Light

I asked this on the ATWT page as well. What do you think the style of GL is for their Soap? For me I think its more clashing family dynasties and characters that want to control situations. Like Reva/Roger/Phillip/Alan/Ed/Rick/Harley for example all wanted to control everything around them.

For style, what comes to my mind is how well developed and natural the dialogue was. Other soaps have contrived dialogue about the plot revealing little about the characters. GL had rich, interesting and natural dialogue more than any other soap I ever watched. Conversations with Bert Bauer just seemed like natural conversations.

Comment

As I commented on my ATWT style of soap. GL became more action adventure when The fab 4 for Phillip/Beth/Rick and Mindy were on the show and Josh/Reva/Alexandra Spaulding/Fletcher Reed came on.

Comment

From the 70's when I started watching GL, it was more of the family oriented type soap. The Bauers were the central family, offspring, in laws built around them. Also you had the distinctive villians at that time to contrast as most soaps have and still do. The villians because they change the dynamic of the show. From the early to mid 70's villians from GL: Roger Thorpe, Stanley Norris, Kit Vestid, Lee Gantry and Ken Norris.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X