Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are they now - India Von Halkein

OH how I loved the character of India....loved her with Grant Aleksander AND John Bolger (Fauxilip Spaulding, back in the 80's, when GA left the part for a time).....and I loved India when they brought her back and she was paired up with Ross Marler when he and Blake were on the outs.....and when she appeared when Alan was in a coma at his side in the hospital.....I love, love, loved India....how she carried herself, how she schemed....her calling Blake 'Blair' and 'Blaze' and anything at all but Blake....I LOVED India

Here's a brief article from 2016 about what she's up to....I like her insight on the 'visibility' of women after age 40......and am glad to read that she's happy with what she's doing now.....

https://www.serialscoop.com/2016/12/...kay-adams.html

Nice article, thank you for sharing.

Comment

I loved India too. Thanks for sharing this article.

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
        OH how I loved the character of India....loved her with Grant Aleksander AND John Bolger (Fauxilip Spaulding, back in the 80's, when GA left the part for a time).....and I loved India when they brought her back and she was paired up with Ross Marler when he and Blake were on the outs.....and when she appeared when Alan was in a coma at his side in the hospital.....I love, love, loved India....how she carried herself, how she schemed....her calling Blake 'Blair' and 'Blaze' and anything at all but Blake....I LOVED India

Here's a brief article from 2016 about what she's up to....I like her insight on the 'visibility' of women after age 40......and am glad to read that she's happy with what she's doing now.....

https://www.serialscoop.com/2016/12/...kay-adams.html
        She was my favorite character on GL too! I'm surprised that the show did not keep her on longer after those couple of visits to Springfield, she just light up the screen! She could have schemed to take over Spaulding Enterprises and spar with Alexandra, they could have one of those love/hate relationships, similar to Jill/Katherine on YR. I say it's a missed opportunity and perhaps the show could have sustained longer. I didn't like what GL had become during that new format months, all those beautiful sets and wardrobe were gone! It felt like I was watching a reality series. Maybe they can someday reboot GL and put India in the forefront!

Comment

Originally posted by YRFANATIC View Post

She was my favorite character on GL too! I'm surprised that the show did not keep her on longer after those couple of visits to Springfield, she just light up the screen! She could have schemed to take over Spaulding Enterprises and spar with Alexandra, they could have one of those love/hate relationships, similar to Jill/Katherine on YR. I say it's a missed opportunity and perhaps the show could have sustained longer. I didn't like what GL had become during that new format months, all those beautiful sets and wardrobe were gone! It felt like I was watching a reality series. Maybe they can someday reboot GL and put India in the forefront!
          I must admit having watched every GL from 1981 until it's cancelation I hardly remember India after her main run in the mid-'80s.

The new format was really more about saving money than adopting a "reality show feel". I didn't like it either but was surprised that the return of Philip Spaulding didn't buy the show a few more months.

Comment

Mary Kay Adams is so talented. She was a gift from the gods as India (and as Neal Alcott on ATWT).

Comment

• GuidingLite
              GuidingLite commented
              Editing a comment
              She was, to me, one of the best characters created for Guiding Light, and I loved Neal Alcott as well on ATWT - that whole storyline that introduced Lucinda's half-siblings....I was SOOOOOOOOO sad when they killed off Neal....I'd have actually preferred Neil to last rather than Samantha Markham....she would have been great with Craig Montgomery when he returned to town....and a number of other characters, but specifically Craig.....

And, when they brought India back and she was dating Ross? Oy...I was in HEAVEN....I wish they'd kept her around permanently, and when Ross went back to Blake, India could have been with Josh, Billy, Jeffrey....they could have brought back Nick McHenry for her, a widower upon his return, which would have put them at odds with Alexandra again....there's so much she could have done over the years....
              Last edited by GuidingLite; March 13, 2019, 08:23 AM.

I liked India too. I did not know she hooked up with Ross for awhile.

Comment

Yes, it was when Ross discovered that Blake was not forced into sex by his brother Ben, but Blake had been a willing participant - so he left her....and when India showed up in town they began dating....which Blake HATED.....and India loved rubbing in Blake's face.....

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
                Yes, it was when Ross discovered that Blake was not forced into sex by his brother Ben, but Blake had been a willing participant - so he left her....and when India showed up in town they began dating....which Blake HATED.....and India loved rubbing in Blake's face.....
                Those were some fun times with GL!

Comment

I loved her character and Mary Kay Adams. I always thought her and H.B. could have had an interesting friendship, maybe bonding over their failed attempts at romance with Phillip and Reva. Imagine the Lewis's suspecting her of having ulterior motives when she truly had none? Her and Reva going at it? Maybe Bill Sr. developing feelings against his better judgement? Because she's still India after all. And if H.B. had left her some of his fortune and shares in the Lewis company? Storyline for years! And I genuinely think a deep friendship between the two would have been sweet.

Comment

I wish when Cassie left town that India would have purchased The Beacon and moved back to Springfield. I can think of so many romantic pairings for India that I would have backed completely.

India and Fletcher Reade.....I didn't like Holly and Fletcher together....I never thought they were a good pairing....India and Fletcher, however....would have been fun to watch.

India and Buzz - if India tried to bring some European flair to Company it would have been comical between the two.

India and Billy - Billy's 'good old boy' charm could have won her over easily....

India and Jeffrey - I didn't like Jeffrey, but I could certainly see him paired with India....

India and Edmund - They TOTALLY would have worked as a couple...

The list could go on and on and on.....it's such a shame they didn't keep her around much, much longer....

Comment

My favorite things about India was her friendship with Maeve Stoddard and adopting Dorrie . That showed how tender and protective she could be.

I think she could have been a long time main character.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X