Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, ICAM with you about Nick and about Hart. I have a feeling that FG (Hart) and WM (Dinah) did not leave the show on the greatest terms. I heard years after the fact that both hated the Cassie storyline and how the Hart/Dinah pairing was thrown under the bus for LW/Cassie. I believe the actors are still together IRL, so at least they got to have their own HEA. My understanding is neither likes to talk about the show because of the way the storyline ended.

Comment

Coop Cooper. He had so much potential and was sacrificed for storyline purposes. Then the show was cancelled a month after the character was killed off.

Comment

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        Coop was yet another Good Cooper/Bad Spaulding (Lizzie) pairing that I disliked...I loved Lizzie, and liked Coop on his own, but putting them together was just boring by then....when Coop came to town, the only 'available' females for him were Lizzie and Ava....then Ashley...and of all of them...I would have liked Ashley to work out...his dallying with Beth was just wrong....they just didn't work as even a 'friends with benefits' pairing....I couldn't stand Ava, ever....and the Spaulding/Cooper pairings had gotten boring and repetitive by then. Coop's death was, to me, a terrible send-off for him....if anything he should have left town, heartbroken, after Beth decided to marry Alan after all....

Had the show continued, I'd have loved to have seen Ian Cooper come to town, and have Emma Spaulding aged....have her be a nice, kind girl, no 'spoiled rich Spaulding' and have Ian actually be a very rough around the edges teen who Emma falls for....a reversal of the past pairings, having a Good Spaulding/Bad Cooper couple....

• Smithey
        Smithey commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn't stand Coop. The actor was fine. Coop was useless.

I couldn't stand Ava either. If I remember correctly, Ellen Wheeler put the actress on contract a full six months before she ever showed up on screen. Pointless and that money could have been used for Jerry ver Dorn or Liz Keifer or.... a trash can. Ava was just pointless.

• GuidingLite
        GuidingLite commented
        Editing a comment
        Ava....oh I know....when she showed up as 'Xander's' wife....and then stuck around and became Olivia's and Jeffrey's daughter....ugh....she did NOTHING for me as a character.....she would make my list of 'most useless characters' - people that were brought in and kept and just never did anything all that interesting....in my opinion. ;0)

To me the biggest waste of a character is when you have a great actor that stays on the back burner. I always thought Lillian and Rick both should have had more story opportunity, to me that's a waste.

Comment

Lillian never got to play out a story about her deceased husband, and I thought that would have been terrific material for her....finding that her husband didn't get killed in the war, he just started another family - but they then played that out with Buzz Cooper....which I thought was more of a disservice to the character (along with the MaryAnn Carruthers nonsense that said he 'came to town' but 'didn't let his family know he was there'....Buzz was supposed to be a good guy....to make him a deadbeat dad??? Not what you want to do to one of your leading males that you want viewers to like....

As for Rick - virtually the 'last Bauer standing' for so long.....Rick could have had plenty to play out....or at least plenty to do...if his entire family hadn't been exiled from Springfield....he had great comedic timing....he was a member of an original core family in town....and yet they never seemed to know what to do with him on his own...sure he played 'best friend' to Phillip well....he had numerous marriages....but he was always the 'nice guy finishing last' type of character.....

To me, the most 'dramatic' thing they gave him to do in the final years of the show was his involvement with Ross's plane crash and death....there should have been a TON of material written between Rick, Blake, and Ross and Blake's kids...with Rick's guilt consuming him, perhaps into a drinking issue or a substance abuse issue...impacting his marriage to Mel and relationship with his daughter Leah....they rapid aged Leah to the point where his son Jude became an affair he had with Harley on Mel...then Jude was a no-show for the last few years of the show.....just so many mis-steps with Rick.....it was sad....

Comment

• Smithey
          Smithey commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything you said... spot on!

Mindy Lewis, all but 2nd one, could have had chemistry with just about anyone. Especially Kimberely Simms. She could have been with Rusty, Rick, Nick if he was still around heck even Phillip. The character should have been brought back way before the show got cancelled and her and Rick should have gotten their happy ending with the baby she always wanted. I know they technically did, but I would love to have see It play out.

Comment

I'm glad Rick and Mindy ended up together, but it was kind of a let-down, that's true.....when they knew that the show was being cancelled, they should have brought her back to slowly build a reunion with Rick...they crammed WAY too many reunions/pairings into the last few weeks and days of the show...Vanessa and Billy, Phillip and Beth, Ed and Holly, Alexandra and Fletcher, Rick and Mindy, Reva and Josh, Blake and Frank (the WORST one by far, in my opinion), Mallet and DInah, Mel and Cyrus.....it was in ways nice that pretty much everyone had a happy ending, but...it was very, very rushed...and in some cases a disservice to the characters due to the longevity of the buildup to their reunion....like Rick and Mindy.....

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
            Oh, there are several that would qualify for 'most ridiculous character about-face'...

Holly being the child-snatcher....
            Beth holding Gus hostage at a cabin....
            Amanda Spaulding, the Malibu Madam....
            Ben Reade, serial killer....

None of these stories were well-thought out......
            I agree. Holly was ruined in that storyline and the conclusion of it was dumb. No parent would be forgiving. They all would want her head.

Alan bedding Beth was certainly a shocker.

Amanda Spaulding was a missed opportunity. There were possibilities to do with her. She was certainly wasted.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X