Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Friz4ever View Post

Loved Beth with Edmond. When she was with Edmond Beth finally became her own person and wouldn't let Phillip control her.
    Can't say I was that big of a fan. The whole San Cristobel thing, outside of Richard, Reva, Josh, and Cassie, did nothing for me.

I really liked Beth when she was with Ben, Ross's brother, and I also loved when she was chasing after Matt when he was married to Vanessa, I was disappointed that neither of those stories went further,

Comment

Phillip Spaulding
      played by Grant Aleksander, except when John Bolger took over from January 11, 1985 to November 1986. I didn't watch much back then (a grad student, no time for TV), but the few times I saw Bolger as Phillip I could not accept him. I'm rewatching videos from 1985, and I've come to accept him as Phillip! a surprise to me!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Emerald Greens commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually liked John as Phillip . I know Grant defined Phillip and was the standard for the character and I didn’t have a problem with him returning but John brought something different to the role .

John Bolger was okay as Phillip, but he wasn't Phillip Spaulding. Ironically I saw romantic chemistry between Bolger's Phillip and Reva, whereas Reva and GA's Phillip, while they may have flirted with each other early on, were steadfast as friends/partners in crime. I could have seen them going there with Bolger's Phillip and Reva during the whole HB/Reva/Kyle/Maeve/Phillip/India story. Other than that, I don't really recall Bolger's Phillip having a great romance. While he was good with MKA, there was no chemistry whatsoever between him and Judi Evans' Beth.

Bolger's Phillip was also on during the time that Alan wasn't. I wonder if his character would have been different somehow if there was the father/son dynamic to play off of that defined GA's Phillip and Alan.
      Last edited by savytabby; February 9th, 2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

I think the absolute worst recast, speaking of Spaulding men, was Daniel Pilon as Alan. He definitely was NOT Alan Spaulding in any shape, way, or form. And he had no chemistry with Kim Zimmer or Beverlee McKinsey or Grant Aleksander. Just a total, total miscast. Which was too bad because Pilon was a great villain on Ryan's Hope.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
          I think the absolute worst recast, speaking of Spaulding men, was Daniel Pilon as Alan. He definitely was NOT Alan Spaulding in any shape, way, or form. And he had no chemistry with Kim Zimmer or Beverlee McKinsey or Grant Aleksander. Just a total, total miscast. Which was too bad because Pilon was a great villain on Ryan's Hope.
          I used to agree about Daniel Pilon as Alan, however, like with many recasts, when I watch those episodes now, I think he did a pretty good job. Taking over after Chris Bernau would have been difficult for any actor, as Chris WAS Alan Spaulding. Later, of course, I grew to love Ron Raines in the role.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
            John Bolger was okay as Phillip, but he wasn't Phillip Spaulding. Ironically I saw romantic chemistry between Bolger's Phillip and Reva, whereas Reva and GA's Phillip, while they may have flirted with each other early on, were steadfast as friends/partners in crime. I could have seen them going there with Bolger's Phillip and Reva during the whole HB/Reva/Kyle/Maeve/Phillip/India story. Other than that, I don't really recall Bolger's Phillip having a great romance. While he was good with MKA, there was no chemistry whatsoever between him and Judi Evans' Beth.

Bolger's Phillip was also on during the time that Alan wasn't. I wonder if his character would have been different somehow if there was the father/son dynamic to play off of that defined GA's Phillip and Alan.
            Speaking of Bolger and Reva, check out this video where they perform Rolling on the River at Warren's new club (starts at 3:36):
            https://youtu.be/-yheSkkDgy4?t=216

Comment

To this day, that is one of my favorite scenes, jward! Warren grabbing the glassware off the bar as Reva sashays across it and Alex's reaction and then India's reaction were priceless. Truly one of JB's and KZ's best scenes. They looked like they were having a blast.

Comment

• jward1108
                jward1108 commented
                Editing a comment
                I totally agree, savytabby!

2, Ed Bauer

- Martin Hulswit
              - Pat Gentry
              - Richard Van Vleet
              - Peter SImon

I'm watching episodes with Richard Van Vleet right now. When I see Ed, I think "Chuck!" He played Chuck Tyler for many years on All My Children.

Comment

My favorite was Emme Rylan’s Lizzie. She and Bill were magic, and my username is for their pairing, “Bizzie”.

Comment

Emme Rylan was a good Lizzie. Not such a great Lulu on GH, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveBizzie View Post
                    My favorite was Emme Rylan’s Lizzie. She and Bill were magic, and my username is for their pairing, “Bizzie”.
                    I absolutely loved Bizzie!! They were perfect for each other. I also have to agree with you about Emme Rylan. She was my favorite Lizzie. Even when I didn't like what she was doing, I couldn't help but to root for her!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X