Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutltiple Recast Characters - Who was your favorite, and why>

Over the years, several characters underwent a lot of face-swaps with actors coming and going....rapid aging, characters having 'plastic surgery' .......out of the below, which was your favorite actor/actress in the role, and why?

1. Lizzie Spaulding
    - Hayden Panatierre
    - Makenzie Mauzy
    - Alison Hirschlag
    - Crystal Hunt
    - Emme Rylan

2, Ed Bauer

- Martin Hulswit
    - Pat Gentry
    - Richard Van Vleet
    - Peter SImon

3. Mindy Lewis
    - Krista Tesreau
    - Kimberly SImms
    - Anne Howard
    - Barbara Crampton

4. MIchelle Bauer
    - Rachel Miner
    - Rebecca Buddig
    - Joie Lenz
    - Nancy St. Albans

5. Shayne Lewis
    - Billy Kay
    - Marty West
    - Jeff Branson

[QUOTE=GuidingLite;n1808362]Over the years, several characters underwent a lot of face-swaps with actors coming and going....rapid aging, characters having 'plastic surgery' .......out of the below, which was your favorite actor/actress in the role, and why?

1. Lizzie Spaulding
    - Hayden Panatierre -- Enjoyed her when she first joined the show in her scenes with Phillip.
    - Makenzie Mauzy -- don't remember her
    - Alison Hirschlag -- don't remember her
    - Crystal Hunt -- She was good too.
    - Emme Rylan -- Loved the actress.

2, Ed Bauer
    - Martin Hulswit -- His version was before the time I started watching.
    - Pat Gentry -- He just didn't fit the part.
    - Richard Van Vleet -- No chemistry with Ellen Dolan and Susan Pratt/Maureen and Claire.
    - Peter SImon -- This was the only actor I ever invested in as Ed Bauer.

3. Mindy Lewis
    - Krista Tesreau -- The ONE AND ONLY Melinda Sue Lewis
    - Kimberly SImms -- Loved KS in the role, and her friendship with Mallet. And thought she had chemistry with all of Mindy's men.

- Anne Howard -- too old for the part and looked and acted nothing like Melinda Sue.
    - Barbara Crampton -- BC had potential. She had the personality of Mindy down, but I think the actress was too old for the role.

4. MIchelle Bauer
    - Rachel Miner -- Loved her Michelle. Really wish we could have seen her grow up to be the adult Michelle, a la Robin/Kimberly McCullough on GH
    - Rebecca Buddig -- I think she was just starting out on Soaps with this role. She was recast at a very important time, the beginning of the Michelle/Danny story. But I liked her.
    - Joie Lenz -- I enjoyed her version very much.

- Nancy St. Albans -- She seemed like a much older Michele, and I just did not see the chemistry with her Michelle and Danny.

5. Shayne Lewis
    - Billy Kay -- Don't really remember him.
    - Marty West -- I really liked this Shayne the best.
    - Jeff Branson -- Never felt the connection between JB and his Jeva parents, RN and KZ.

Comment

Lizzie Spaulding ( Emme Ryland) I thought she gave Lizzie the most range of course she played completely grown up Lizzie but I liked the range of emotions.

Ed Bauer ( Peter Simon) similar to Emme he gave Ed more range and humanity .

Mindy Krista was Mindy . The others had their versions of Mindy but Krista was Mindy. Anne was miscast.

Michelle I liked most of them but it took me forever to except Nancy in the role . No offense to her but she’s just wasn’t how I saw Michelle. I did finally accept her but it wasn’t easy , it felt like a miscast.

Shayne I need to see clips of Marty I cannot remember him although I always watched. I am drawing a blank.
      Jeff was pretty good . I didn’t have much invested in Shayne I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
        Over the years, several characters underwent a lot of face-swaps with actors coming and going....rapid aging, characters having 'plastic surgery' .......out of the below, which was your favorite actor/actress in the role, and why?

1. Lizzie Spaulding
        - Hayden Panatierre
        - Makenzie Mauzy
        - Alison Hirschlag
        - Crystal Hunt
        - Emme Rylan

2, Ed Bauer

- Martin Hulswit
        - Pat Gentry
        - Richard Van Vleet
        - Peter SImon

3. Mindy Lewis
        - Krista Tesreau
        - Kimberly SImms
        - Anne Howard
        - Barbara Crampton

4. MIchelle Bauer
        - Rachel Miner
        - Rebecca Buddig
        - Joie Lenz
        - Nancy St. Albans

5. Shayne Lewis
        - Billy Kay
        - Marty West
        - Jeff Branson

I saw dates and my heart sank immediately, thinking the worst. Thank heavens it's not that news. Marj Dusay was my fav.

Comment

• Smithey
          Smithey commented
          Editing a comment
          Marj Dusay and Ron Raines were my favorite recasts. Period.

I thought Beverlee McKinsey and Chris Bernau were the best, but Dusay and Raines showed me otherwise.

For Ed Bauer, you mean Pat Collins and Robert Gentry. Two different people. I don’t really have a strong opinion about any of those characters except for Ed Bauer and I definitely think Robert Gentry was the best in the role. He really personified the character the best. Or perhaps the writing for Ed was best during that time.

Comment

1. Lizzie Spaulding
          - Hayden Panatierre-younger
          - Makenzie Mauzy
          - Alison Hirschlag
          - Crystal Hunt
          - Emme Rylan-adult -- This was my favorite. She had the spunk of a spoiled Spaulding and the finesse of both Phillip and Beth.

2, Ed Bauer

- Martin Hulswit
          - Pat Gentry
          - Richard Van Vleet
          - Peter SImon -- Loved them all, but especially loved Peter Simon. Still miss seeing this one everyday.

3. Mindy Lewis
          - Krista Tesreau -- Loved Tesreau AND Simms. I would be fine with either. I won't go into the other two.
          - Kimberly SImms
          - Anne Howard
          - Barbara Crampton

4. MIchelle Bauer
          - Rachel Miner
          - Rebecca Buddig
          - Joie Lenz -- Bethany Joy Lenz is my favorite, but Miner and Buddig were fine. Again, not going into the last one.

- Nancy St. Albans

5. Shayne Lewis
          - Billy Kay
          - Marty West - I really didn't care for Shayne, but if I had to choose, Marty West was okay. Jeff Branson just didn't embody a son of Josh and Reva for me. Branson is a fine actor, just not Shayne.
          - Jeff Branson

Comment

I actually didn't like ANY of the Shayne Lewis recasts that much...as Shayne, not as actors....but Shayne was such an underdeveloped character....when the writers brought (the real) Jonathan to town, he was a force to be reckoned with - but Shayne never had that much 'personality' really.....he was just kind of 'there'......

I really hated that he was paired with Marina at the end.......I loved the original (teenaged) Marina, but never liked the other two actresses to play her.....or at least I never liked the character again....

It was only when Jeff Branson came on board (although I didn't find him to be 'right' as Shayne) and viewers learned that he'd fathered a child via Edmund Winslow's long lost daughter...that he got interesting to me.....had the show gone on.....Edmund being grandfather to Henry and his interaction with Reva (and Josh) over that would have been stellar......

Comment

• Smithey
              Smithey commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally agree! When it was revealed that Edmund had a daughter (Lara, I believe), I was so excited. According to the actor who played Edmund, they were going to bring his daughter on, then the show got canceled. That last year, the show vastly improved. I just wish they had found that groove way before that last year.

I always thought, like you, that a child of Reva's would have more personality and fire. Heck! Even a child of Josh's would have more pizzazz!

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
            Lizzie Spaulding ( Emme Ryland) I thought she gave Lizzie the most range of course she played completely grown up Lizzie but I liked the range of emotions.

Ed Bauer ( Peter Simon) similar to Emme he gave Ed more range and humanity .

Mindy Krista was Mindy . The others had their versions of Mindy but Krista was Mindy. Anne was miscast.

Michelle I liked most of them but it took me forever to except Nancy in the role . No offense to her but she’s just wasn’t how I saw Michelle. I did finally accept her but it wasn’t easy , it felt like a miscast.

Shayne I need to see clips of Marty I cannot remember him although I always watched. I am drawing a blank.
            Jeff was pretty good . I didn’t have much invested in Shayne I guess.
            Emerald, I agree with everything you stated here. Though I never did accept Nancy in the role of Michele. Like Anne, I felt she not the right age for the character and she came off very matronly. She reminded me, now that I think about it, of Ellen Parker's Maureen, which isn't a bad thing since they were mother and daughter. I don't know. I also never saw any chemistry with her and PAS/Danny.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
              Emerald Greens commented
              Editing a comment
              I couldn’t see Nancy as Michelle yes she seemed older or less something maybe a spark was missing. She just wasn’t Michelle. I think I accepted her more due to she was there and it didn’t look like they would find anyone else and I always felt Michelle was an important legacy character so I just went with it but it always felt a little off . No offense to Nancy I could have seen her playing a different character possibly.

• Smithey
              Smithey commented
              Editing a comment
              Nancy St. Alban was NEVER Michelle in my book. Michelle's biological mother was Claire and Claire was ALWAYS a fireball/troublemaker/in your face kind of character. I realize Maureen raised Michelle, but biology usually transcends. Nancy as Michelle, as has been stated, was too matronly and too bland. LOL The most exciting that character got after she assumed the role was when she whispered into Paul Anthony Stewart's ear (which wasn't suppose to be picked up by the mikes that day) that she wanted him "in the back door." LOL

Yeah. Like you two said, "Not Michelle." Fine actress I'm sure, but just not the right choice for such a dynamic character.

Maureen Garrett was such a great recast as Holly that I don’t think many remember that she was a recast.

Comment

• jward1108
              jward1108 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't remember that she was a recast. She made Holly her own. One of my favorite characters, even when I couldn't stand her behavior (Nursery Rhyme kidnapper?????).

Beth Raines . . .I didn't care for Beth Chamberlin at first because I loved Judi Evans's Beth; however, it only took a few episodes for me to accept Chamberlin in the role. I only wish they had not hooked her up with Alan.

Comment

A new Beth was a VERY tough sell for me....because Judi Evans was amazing, because she and Grant Aleksander were such a good pairing as Philip and Beth.....so when they brought on NuBeth, I was skeptical at first also.....but BC did win me over.....I absolutely HATED her with Alan......HATED it.....I would rather have seen her with Frank Cooper and I couldn't stand him.....but Alan? That was SUCH a bad decision....

Comment

Couldn't stand Beth with Alan. Also couldn't stand Olivia with Alan. Its like they were stuck on Alan's son's women being with Alan. Ugh. Surprised they didn't try Harley with Alan.

Comment

I didn't mind Olivia with Alan but she did have more chemistry with Philip.....and then with her dalliances with Bill and Josh....she was better with Josh....then with Buzz and Frank - she was better with Buzz.....I think she would have paired well with Ross, too, had he not been with Blake leading up to his death....

I just wish they'd cast her (Crystal Chappell) on Y&R now as a love interest for Jack Abbott.....

Comment

i love early lizzie, but when she interfered with my tam-jon, i was very upset. and didn't like her at all, not 1 bit.

few others like also ed bauer, greatrecast. i loved him, so realistic to me per scene, and as a dr.
                    Judi Evans perfect as beth... but the other beth then made me love her even more...talk about a PERFECTION-of-a-recast. love beth
                    so real to me, lovely and so incredible with alan scenes great actress period. but best acting with her true real love, tall handsome Phillip Spaulding.

Greta.

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
                      A new Beth was a VERY tough sell for me....because Judi Evans was amazing, because she and Grant Aleksander were such a good pairing as Philip and Beth.....so when they brought on NuBeth, I was skeptical at first also.....but BC did win me over.....I absolutely HATED her with Alan......HATED it.....I would rather have seen her with Frank Cooper and I couldn't stand him.....but Alan? That was SUCH a bad decision....
                      Loved Beth with Edmond. When she was with Edmond Beth finally became her own person and wouldn't let Phillip control.her.

Comment

• GuidingLite
                        GuidingLite commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very true - Beth and Eddie Ivories - they were quite a couple. ;0)

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X