• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WSB_Rising
    Board Regular
    • Nov 2012

Has Austin’s Murder Been Dropped??

I don’t recall his name even being mentioned in weeks. Was this a storyline they just abruptly ended with the “temp writers leaving/old writers returning/old writers being fired/new writers coming in” chaos? I mean I know the character never caught on but out of respect to Roger Howarth and his fans there should be some sort of resolution!
  • ValentinFan02
    Board Regular
    • May 2020

I imagine they'll circle back around to it eventually.

Comment

• Mondo
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2009

Because he helped Cyrus,a mobster, my guess it is the shooter that is targeting other mobsters and Sonny

Comment

• Troy43
        Troy43 commented
        Editing a comment
        While he did help Cyrus, it wasn’t a secret that he didn’t help him voluntarily and there wouldn’t be any reason to stop him from turning on his boss.
    • demoslider
      Senior Board Member
      • Feb 2013

I don't think it has been dropped, but I think they are switching gears on the motive of the killer. Initially the shooting seemed tied to Ava with all those anonymous notes she was receiving that included the photos of dead Austin, but now I believe it was mentioned that Austin's murder is related to the other mob hits that have been taking place.

Comment

• ForeverPluto
        ForeverPluto commented
        Editing a comment
        Silentfan, it's also speculated that this person is the mystery buyer of Wynndemere.

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yet one more Quartermaine sacrificed to the mob.

• Silentfan
        Silentfan commented
        Editing a comment
        the gun sent to Ava was connected to the one who shot at Sonny. That was a couple of weeks, so I don't remember all the details.
    • DayRose
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2020

I don't even care who killed Austin. How many months has it been?

Comment

• AnotherSonnyKid
        AnotherSonnyKid commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't either lol.

Actually I forgot that he was even on the show. A very forgettable character for me which is a shame because I do love RH.
    • believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2015

It's awful but once they gutted Austin's character and recreated him with the cheesy mob story and gave him a different personality, I no longer cared about him. I'd already forgotten half of what I'd seen, until seeing the above. If this just fades away as a bad mistake, I won't cry over it. A show should lead with its strengths, not its weaknesses.

Comment

• PinkDiamond
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Apr 2007

I would not be surprised if they totally forgot about Austin

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Aug 2006

Austin's murder was committed in another jurisdiction. The detective from there made it clear to Dante that they would be investigating. Unless there is suspicion that the murderer is a Port Charles resident the PCPD will not be involved.

Comment

• Kristabell
            Contract Poster
            • Jan 2021

Due to the changes in writing staff from temporary to the regular writers and now the new writers taking over in March many stories will either be dropped entirely, backburnered indefinitely, resolved quickly or intensified! Austin's death involves Ava's safety and whomever is sending her threatening messages resulting in her staying with Sonny! So that storyline is still a work in progress!

Comment

• Salter
              Board Regular
              • Dec 2016

To properly re-introduce RH as Todd Manning they have to let Austin and his residency at the hospital fade away, I imagine. I think he is the one who brings amnesiac NB Spencer back to PC this summer.

Comment

• believeinme246
                believeinme246 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mondo and yet BLQ was about to rape Dante, if not stopped and she's still here. Many question Sonny's interaction with drugged up Karen who was also drinking. Kim is already off for doing the same as BLQ. Nina raped Silas. Brenda is already off for creating the illusion of sex with Michael.

So I think that if there is a rule, it is only if the intended or mental rape was by a man and other than Sonny.

• Salter
                Salter commented
                Editing a comment
                Silentfan Why would they announce RH as Todd coming back or admit their plans? Roger would be bound to secrecy. He would have to deny if asked.

• JaySherman
                JaySherman commented
                Editing a comment
                Silentfan, agreed its not happening.

The show is investing in its own history.

Speaking as an OLTL and GH fan, that's the way it should be.
            • LHART19
              Recurring Poster
              • Sep 2019

I just miss RoHo and wish they'd kept him as Franco or done better when he became Austin. I don't even care who killed Austin at this point.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2006

I think for those who never heard of RH until he showed up as Todd on GH and did not care for him will not like a forth character played by the same actor...but that's just my opinion. As Todd he stole Sam's baby leading her to thinking her son was dead for six months. As Franco he was the guy who supposedly raped Sam and got Michael raped in prison. Was a dud as Austin. Two attempts to incorporate him into the Q family did not get the acceptance I guess was expected. Bringing him back again may not do him any favors unless several years pass before bringing him back. He showed up as a new character too soon after each of the others left especially when there is not a stark difference in personality...same face, same personality.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
                  CarnyQueen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree with you that all Roger Howarth's characters on GH ended up having the same basic personality. For fans who like that personality/portrayal, that worked. But for those who didn't like that character mold, it didn't. I think it's a shame that the writers finally looked at Jimmy Lee's branch of the Q family tree, and the result was just a dud. But I think the writers will circle back to Austin's murder, simply because it allows Ava to be involved with the Who's Targeting Sonny? plot. But when it's all resolved, it might not make a lot of sense -- there have been too many teams of writers on this one.
              • Adriane
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2011

Austin lived and was killed in another jurisdiction . The cops already came to PC, I don't see why the PC police will get involved further unless the killing turns out to be because of actions at Austin's workplace - GH. The shooter who killed Austin may have nothing to do with Sonny & Ava. He appears to have worked with the mob as a doctor for years.
                Last edited by Adriane; February 12, 2024, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Troy43
                  Troy43 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dante was working with Pautuck police because Austin lived in PC and there are suspects there. The shooter may not have anything to do with Sonny, but they have something to do with Ava or she wouldn’t have gotten the messages and the gun.

• Adriane
                  Adriane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even if the shooter is tied to Ava, maybe not since she was in the mob too at 1 point, neither the Pautuck police or PC police know about Ava getting the messages & guns so they would not be investigating it.
              • VixensVamp
                Soap Addict
                • Mar 2009

Ava did mention Austin's murder while she and Sonny were on his island.

Comment

• Clementine15
                  Scriptwriter
                  • May 2015

Austin knew his murderer, right? Said "what are you doing here" or something like.

As CarnyQueen says above, maybe too many writers on this story for it ever to make sense. A different thread stated that Brennan hired the shooters, l don't see how this fits with Austin's murder.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X