• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamafenocchi
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2009

Carly said it….she wants Drew to leave Nina alone [Merged]

So contrary to what some viewers may think, Carly is not interested in any further retaliation again Nina. Not sure how long Drew will keep the ceasefire, but it’s plain as day that Carly just wants to move on and keep Nina as the Non-relevant afterthought she is.
  • DayRose
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Oct 2020

You are right. Carly wants to live her life, nina is the one after revenge.

Comment

• EHolland
      Board Regular
      • Jan 2022

That all well and good that’s her desire that doesn’t mean Drew should have to feel the same way!

Comment

• ValentinFan02
        Board Regular
        • May 2020

Carly says one thing but does another. Actions >>> Words.

Comment

• rkm137
          rkm137 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, her actions are to tell Drew she will only stay if he drops his revenge plan. And, for now, he's agreed. So she's more than simply saying she doesn't want revenge or to focus on Nina. She's taking steps to make that happen by convincing Drew to stand down. Whether Drew will stick to the agreement remains to be seen. But if he changes his mind, it won't change the fact that Carly doesn't want revenge and is walking the walk.

• momof3_angels
          momof3_angels commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly's words and Carly's actions both indicate that Carly wants nothing to do with Nina. Carly has never been out for revenge on Nina. Nina is always out for revenge on Carly.

Even the Crimson stuff - that wasn't Carly's revenge. It was Drews. And can you really blame her for wanting to see Nina's face when Drew fires her? I certainly can't. But - Nina losing her job is Nina's fault. You don't send your boss to prison out of revenge and think he will continue paying your salary. This wasn't some protected "WhistleBlower" situation - Drew wasn't PURPOSELY committing any crime -there wasn't some massive coverup of ongoing legal situations. This was Nina out to get revenge on Carly and not caring who was caught in the crossfire.

Nina is the ONLY one declaring war and acting on her desire to get revenge. (Speaking of Carly/Nina - Drew is another story - but he hasn't done anything but fire Nina so far - and quite frankly - she deserved it).

• somtinsimple23
          somtinsimple23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly avoids Nina at every turn. It's Nina who always seeks Carly out. It's Nina who always engages and instigates....so Carly's actions have already proven she has no interest in Nina. She's never once saught revenge on Nina.
      • sesca
        Executive Poster
        • Mar 2011

Isn't this the same Carly that was done with getting revenge then gleefully took the job at Crimson that she has no clue how to run. Carly talks a lot then does the opposite .

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly took the job only to see NIna's face with the announcement. She said later that same day that she was a place holder only. She is still waxing back and forth about staying in the position long term. She really does not want it, but gets caught up in Drew's long range plans for Aurora. Today she put her foot down on revenge on Nina directly - she is over it, and has been for a while. NIna is the one who is creatling problems, not Carly.

• cugsie
          cugsie commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly only agreed originally to take the job originally which you saw in her response today saying that she didn’t want a permanent job but then said we’ll see what happens. Unlike previous poster mentioned Carly Wolf in there just to see Nina’s reaction. If you want to call that revenge, go ahead from the beginning Carly’s been trying everything under the sun to stay away from Nina, but she’s always in her face or following her and getting in her face.

• sesca
          sesca commented
          Editing a comment
          Carly took the job for one reason only to stick it to Nina. If the roles were reversed the story would be that Nina did it to spite Carly. It's funny how it works that way.
      • mamafenocchi
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ValentinFan02 View Post
        Carly says one thing but does another. Actions >>> Words.
        What has Carly done action-wise as retaliation? As far as Crimson goes, Drew decided to fire Nina (absolutely his right) and replace her with Carly. Carly thought it would be temporary but Drew convinced her that she is capable of doing the job and that they can build it onward together.

Comment

• AMichelle
          AMichelle commented
          Editing a comment
          True. All Carly did was accept the job,lol Nina messed up big time with Drew and he fired her, it's that simple.
      • mamafenocchi
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by sesca View Post
        Isn't this the same Carly that was done with getting revenge then gleefully took the job at Crimson that she has no clue how to run. Carly talks a lot then does the opposite .
        Carly is allowed to accept a job position. Just because it was Nina’s former position that is irrelevant. Besides, Carly didn’t fire Nina, Drew did. And last I checked being gleeful about taking over a job certainly doesn’t scream revenge plot.
        Last edited by mamafenocchi; February 9, 2024, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• momof3_angels
          momof3_angels commented
          Editing a comment
          ValentinFan02 - Yes - Carly said she agreed so that she could see the look on NIna's face. It wasn't her revenge. She just wanted to see the look on Nina's face when someone else took Nina off her pedestal. Can't blame her for that.

Carly isn't wrong because Carly did nothing wrong. This was Drew's revenge. All Carly did was agree to show up. She didn't even want the job until Drew talked her into it.

• AMichelle
          AMichelle commented
          Editing a comment
          All Carly did was accept a job offered to her that was available. The job no longer belonged to Nina and Carly definitely doesn't need Nina's approval to accept the job. Although Carly didn't fire Nina, at least she got to see Nina get fired, I mean "terminated" and told to leave. I'm glad Carly got some satisfaction seeing Nina get terminated, and I look forward to seeing Carly rejoice more over her new job, her diner, and her family around Nina.

Nina rejoiced walking around with Sonny in front of Carly and her family, and she didn't care about throwing Carly's misfortune in her face more than once and although Carly is not seeking revenge, the bad Nina put out to hit Carly has been hitting Nina back and Carly didn't have to do anything.

• Eve S Dropper
          Eve S Dropper commented
          Editing a comment
          If it wasn't revenge when Nina simply bought the MC because it was on the market after Carly lost, then Carly taking the job Nina was fired from is also not revenge. Neithr one pushed the other out, but they each took advantage of the opportunity and enjoyed it. Nina made a big point of prancing around the MC and rubbing Carly's face in the fact that she had taken over what Carly lost. Remember the party cake "you don't work here any moooooore" incident? So, Drew fired Nina and Carly looked smugly at Nina after taking the job she once loved. Either both were petty acts of revenge, or neither was. It can't be both ways.
      • believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

I really enjoyed that scene. I enjoy Carly in the professional settings. I do see some development in her. It's just not linear, but I suppose no development is.

Comment

• momof3_angels
          Soap Addict
          • Feb 2008

Yep. Carly made the mistake of not telling Nina about Nelle - but it wasn't done out of maliciousness. And - Carly had no responsibility to tell Nina anything. Plus - Nelle was already dead. Carly also made the mistake of not telling WILLOW about Nina - but it was not done out of maliciousness towards Nina - it was done out of care and concern for WIllow. Plus - Willow was already an adult. Plus - Nina already made Willow hate her. Plus - once again it was never Carly's obligation to tell NINA anything. She owed the truth to Willow. She owed NOTHING to NIna.

Firing Nina and replacing her with Carly? That wasn't Carly's revenge. That was Drews. But - can't blame her for wanting to see Nina's face when DREW got HIS revenge.

Carly has NEVER been obsessed with Nina. Carly has NEVER been out to get Nina. Some fans claim that Nina had every right to get revenge on Carly - but Carly is the one who deserved to see Nina pay for the things NIna has done to MALICIOUSLY hurt Carly. The same things that had MASSIVE collateral damage to everyone in both women's orbits.

It is absurd that Nina is defended constantly because of "Carly's smug look" or "Carly kept Nina's kids away". Carly did no such thing (Madeline did that and her kids were totally grown up when Carly learned their parentage) and her "smug" look is usually disbelief that Nina says and does the things that Nina says and does.

After the SEC reveal - Carly CLEARLY stated that she didn't want revenge and she wanted to move on with her life. And she said it again today. But certain Nina fans will once again say it is all Carly's fault that Nina has to get revenge on Carly for the umpteenth time.

Comment

• Bhorton
            Bhorton commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! There are a few posters on here that continue to claim that Carly is the one that's never paid for keeping Nina's kids from her, which is so out of left field and not at all what happened. As you said, Nelle was dead when Carly suspected Nina was her mother, yet Nina, eavesdropping overheard Carly telling Jax that she hesitated to save Nelle, but ultimately did try to save her, and frankly, that psychopath blew up Carly's life, so to me, that was understandable. Nina took it from there that Carly purposely let Nelle die when we all saw what happened. Carly AND Jax AND Sonny all decided it would be kinder to keep Nelle's parentage a secret OUT OF KINDNESS! As far as Willow is concerned, Carly owed Willow that information and we all know why she didn't tell her, and Willow knows why she didn't tell her. What I find ironic and frankly really irritating is when Nina is whining about Carly not paying for what she did, or Nina smugly saying "Are we even now", one would think that Nina had never kept Sonny being alive from his family! Nina didn't tell Carly out of spite because Carly was :"mean to her" when she called. That didn't prevent her from telling, oh I don't know, Michael (since she was always visiting with Wiley), or Dante, or Kristina, or the PCPD just to name a few. Yet, to keep Sonny a secret, she put both Maxie (James) and Liesl in jeopardy when Peter found out, but keeping him a secret, and working hard to keep Jax from finding out when he showed up in NF......Then when all was said and done, Nina ended up walking away with Carly's life, yet some on here still claim Nina is the victim and Carly hasn't paid.....It's ludicrous!!

• Eve S Dropper
            Eve S Dropper commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with everything everyone said in this post and all the comments.

And regarding Carly's alleged "smug face", I give you Nina's snarky, sarcasm dripping speech in the torn up Crimson office, and raise you her accompanying pop-eyed b1tch face look. She did everything but twirl her moustache and cackle. I never, ever saw Carly act like that when she was sitting on the Nelle or Willow secret, nor on the infamous day at Wyndemere when she truthfully answered Nina's incessant whining questions about why Willow didn't like her, which Nina found so egregious that she tried to get her thrown in jail (yes I know insider trading is a crime; but the call was pure revenge).

• momof3_angels
            momof3_angels commented
            Editing a comment
            Eve S Dropper Heck yes! To me - Carly's so called "smug" face is more of a "I can't believe she is doing it again" face. Carly has not once set out to hurt Nina. The closest she came to doing something to Nina out of anger/revenge is when she showed up to see Nina's reaction to being fired. The rest of the time she is simply trying to stay away from NIna. And Nina's snarky, sarcasm dripping speech and her pop-eyed b1tch face look tell much more about Nina's hateful/vengeful personality.
        • catster
          Board Regular
          • Sep 2020

I love that Carly just wants to move on and nasty nina is all about revenge... her cold black evil heart.

Comment

• Phrynie
            Board Regular
            • May 2017

As others have pointed out, Carly didn't fire Nina.
            If Carly was out for revenge on Nina, why didn't she set out to get Nina for sleeping with Sonny in the bed he had prepared for Carly to start a new chapter in their marriage.
            Can you imagine what Nina would have done if the positions were reversed?
            As for Drew's revenge on Nina, I don't see the firing as revenge, I see it as getting rid of an employee you can no longer trust.
            Who knows what he might have done if Nina had come to him and told him she was going to dob them in to SEC and been honest with him beforehand rather than being gormless and doing it anonymously.

Comment

• RigbySoap
              Soap Addict
              • Jun 2015

Yes! Carly said it loud and clear. She is NOT after revenge when it comes to that nutjob, Nina. Carly doesn't want that nasty woman to occupy any space in her mind.

Nina would have a relationship with her husband and daughter right now if she wasn't such a vile, evil, vengeful beast. I need her to go join her equally vile and evil spawn, Nelle, ASAP.

Comment

• AMichelle
                Board Regular
                • May 2022

Carly doesn’t want to waste her time focusing on Nina and gave Drew an ultimatum, either he leaves Nina alone or Carly will leave Crimson. Although Drew promised to leave Nina alone, I don’t think he will and will start with Nina behind Carly’s back which means that Nina will think Carly is behind it too. Drew really needs to understand that Nina is not worth his time and join Carly in making Crimson better; otherwise, he will be causing Carly more problems with Nina.

Since Carly wants to focus on making Crimson greater than what it is, I believe Nina’s revenge will backfire. I know Nina hasn’t done anything to try to hurt Carly or Crimson, but I think she will soon. If she does, there’s no way Sonny will be able to stay with Nina and Willow will be able to forgive Nina if Nina keeps going after Carly and Drew.
                Last edited by Lizincinti; February 10, 2024, 07:18 PM. Reason: Please see board advisory pinned to top of forum re: vague subject line

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Mar 2008

Of course Carly wants to move on now after all the damage she has done. How convenient.

Just because Carly is done with stabbing Nina in the back doesn't mean she has to move on.

There's always these excuses & justifications for what Carly has done to Nina. I'm not buying any of it.
                  So just because Nelle was dead when Carly found out about her being Nina's daughter, Nina didn't deserve to know the truth & get closure?

Carly even told Jax she didn't feel bad about keeping Nina in the dark about Nelle which does prove malicious intent.

Carly also had malicious intent when she kept Nina in the dark about Willow. All her smugness & gloating every time she flashed back to those DNA results proved it. And did she do the right thing when Willow decided to find her birth mother? Nope, she sabotaged Drew's search to keep Willow from the truth. There's nothing noble about Carly's actions. She doesn't have a decent bone in her body.

So if the stance is Carly owed Nina nothing in regard to telling her about her daughters....then it goes both ways. Nina didn't owe Carly the truth in regard to Sonny being alive.

And it remains to be seen if Drew is going to leave Nina alone. I have a feeling he won't & whatever he's planning will backfire big time.

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
                    SAMLEXIS FAN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    momof3_angels Sonny wasn't that "brain damaged" to look into Elijah's past. The reason Sonny didn't want to look into his past was because he was afraid what he might find out about himself. Carly went to great lengths to keep Nina in the dark about her family including attempting to interrupt Sasha's interview with Jackie Templeton so Nina wouldn't notice the necklace Avery gave Sasha for good luck. She continued to lie in Nina's face up until the end when Jax finally stopped her & told Nina in the truth. And then she went to great lengths to make sure Nina was pushed out of Wiley's life.

Why is Nina expected to do the right thing but Carly isn't & never does unless it benefits her?

• momof3_angels
                    momof3_angels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LMAO - seriously - Sonny DID go to the police and say NO ONE WAS LOOKING FOR HIM - which is the ONLY reason he didn't go looking for them. HE actually said something along the lines - if they aren't looking for me, they must not care. Again - he was BRAIN DAMAGED.

And again - I compare MOTIVES and the reality of the situation.

Nelle was DEAD. Willow hated Nina because Nina was awful. Neither Nelle, nor Willow, nor Nina - knew they were biologically related. Carly kept the secret about Nelle out of not wanting to hurt Nina. Carly kept the secret of Willow out of misguided attempt to protect Willow. Neither secret was done to HURT Nina.

Whereas - Sonny was ALIVE. Dante, Rocco, Michael, Wiley, Kristina, Avery, and Donna were ALL ALIVE. And they ALL LOVED EACH OTHER. THEY ALL MISSED SONNY. They all believed Sonny was dead - and Nina knew it wasn't true.

I never said Carly isn't expected to do the right thing. I am capable of calling out Carly when she was wrong. But - Carly had no obligation to Nina, and her secrets weren't hateful. Nina at the very least owed the truth to Sonny, and she should never have allowed her irrational hatred of Carly to keep Sonny from DANTE, ROCCO, MICHAEL, WILEY, KRISTINA, AVERY, and DONNA. And BTW - wheras Nelle was DEAD and Willow was an ADULT - Rocco, Wiley, Avery, and Donna were CHILDREN WHO NEEDED THEIR DAD/GRANDDAD.

Carly was wrong to keep secrets - but didn't set out to hurt Nina. But - Carly ONLY hurt Nina. Nina was wrong to keep secrets - but she did set out to hurt Carly, and she didn't care about the collateral damage to everyone around Carly - including Sonny, Dante, Rocco, Michael, Wiley, Kristina, Avery, and Donna.

Both women made mistakes - but Nina does maximum damage with her mistakes.

• SAMLEXIS FAN
                    SAMLEXIS FAN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sonny thinking nobody was looking for him is his problem....not Nina's. Three months prior to Nina showing up in Nixon Falls, Lenny & Phyllis encouraged him to find out about himself & told him he might have a wife & kids out there waiting for him to return home. He wasn't interested in any of it.

So because Nelle is deceased, Nina didn't deserve to know the truth & get closure? I don't buy that for a second.

Willow decided at some point to search for her birth family with Drew's help. Instead of doing the right thing then, Carly sabotaged Drew's search to prevent Willow from getting to the truth. So there's no excuse for Carly's selfish & vile behavior.

That's where we disagree. Carly had an obligation to tell Nina especially after Carly sang Nina's praises for testifying against Nelle at Wiley's custody hearing. And Carly did act out of malice. She didn't like the fact that Nina had empathy for Nelle. She didn't like the fact that Nina was giving Nelle a decent burial. She didn't like the fact that Nina was going to bury Nelle at the same cemetery as Carly's family members as if she owns the cemetery.
                • Rogue
                  Board Regular
                  • Feb 2012

I mean, Carly really isn’t saying anything different than what she’s been saying since she walked in on Sonny and Nina in bed, and walked away from him.

She doesn’t want to waste her time and energy on Nina. She told Joss & Michael that, now she’s telling Drew that, however Drew is a grown man and he can make his own decisions. I feel like Drew meant what he said that he would pause the revenge but I think per the previews, she’s going to instigate the next move from him.

At the least Nina deserved to be fired, but I do believe that with Nina and Drew both going hard for revenge it’s going to backfire on them both. Some tragedy is going to come up that’s going to cause Carly to leave Drew or be injured, just in time for Jason’s return.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X